Airly- All You Can Fly (if you're rich)

Remove this Banner Ad

We have a new entrant in to the Aussie aviation market. Meet Airly. Flying from Melbourne (Essendon) to Sydney (Bankstown) with more routes to be added in the future.

Joining Fee- $1000
+ from $2,550 per month.

Aircraft is an 8 seat Beechcraft King Air 350. Takes around 20 more mins flying time compared to a regular jet aircraft to Sydney.

Airly claims the smaller airports will reduce travel times with better parking, smaller security lines and shorter check in times. All up they claim an hour shorter each way.

So BF, do you think this is feasible?

I hope they take off but I think they will struggle.

$2550 per month per person to fly Melbourne-Sydney is obviously a niche for corporate customers.

Do they have multiple planes? What happens if there's 9 people wanting to fly?

Don't reckon it hasmuch hope.

Surely the big boys put significant effort into retaining customers who fly that frequently - private cars booked and paid for, lounge memberships etc etc.

If it looks like taking off, then they will just drop prices until the threat is eliminated

Don't reckon it hasmuch hope.

Surely the big boys put significant effort into retaining customers who fly that frequently - private cars booked and paid for, lounge memberships etc etc.

If it looks like taking off, then they will just drop prices until the threat is eliminated
True, but there's not much Qantas can do about circling waiting for a landing slot, and the never-ending tarmac experience waiting to take off in Sydney.

My experiences of SYD in the past 10yrs have seen hardly a delay (ie circling). Seems to have improved a heap since the 90's when we'd forever circle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back