List Mgmt. Aisho Going Elsewhere

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 picks in the 20~25 range isn't a dud deal. Generally speaking that group of picks 15~25 are relatively even, and picks in the top 30 often work out to be very good players. All of that 'shallow draft' stuff relates to the fact that there isn't much /depth/ which means past pick 30ish there isn't much interest. The top end is the same as ever. We're looking at getting 1 pick in that 20~25 range for Freeman who was only taken 3 spots behind Aish. So essentially you're getting twice the payment for someone rated around the same level in the draft year because he's played 30 games in a bottom 2 side.

The Brisbane supporters posting here need to be reminded what they were posting on their own boards about two months ago when Aish was dropped to the state leagues.The consensus then was that they would be lucky to get a second round draft pick for him on the assumption that he was leaving at the end of the year. So we come courting him and suddenly the price goes up, with the threat that it's the PSD or nothing if he wants to leave. Since Aish has already spoken to Carlton midyear and would get more money going to Carlton than Collingwood, with the added benefit that Carlton don't even have to use a national draft pick to pick him up, just how much of a threat is it to Aish, to up and leave Brisbane. I would have thought Brisbane would be anxious to deal with us, particularly as we managed to get Beams to Brisbane as he requested last year.

You had no sympathy for a player wanting to be with an unwell parent.
First, I still don't understand how an unwell parent means that he couldn't play for GC in 2015. Whilst that might have been one the factors for Beams going home it clearly wasn't the only one which is demonstrated by the fact he refused to deal with no one other than Brisbane.

Second, we said he was a contracted player and wanted him to stay but eventually did a trade which was in the best interests of both clubs. It was a successful trade because both Brisbane and Pies fans would say they are very happy with it 12 months on. Brisbane have categorically ruled out trading Aish. This is a decision that in the worsts interests of everybody. The most senseless thing about it all is that the only one who loses badly from this is Brisbane - Aish still gets to go to Melbourne and probably gets a big pay rise if Carlton draft him for his nominated fee. It's just staggering how inept Brisbane's handling of this is although I shouldn't be surprised given this is a club that has been in the bottom half of the competition for over a decade and a basket case off the park.

Third, the way Brisbane and in particularly the coach handled themselves in last years trading period was incredibly unprofessional imo. With that kind of leadership I am not surprised that (a) they finished on the bottom of the ladder and (b) are seeing another player exodus in this period.

I have no sympathy for the dire straits that your club is in. It's entirely self inflicted and they deserve every bit of it. There will be no priority picks for you and you can bludge off Collingwood's welfare money for us long as you want but let it be known that any of success your club has in the future will have been funded by the charity of the Collingwood FC

Sorry, can someone bring me up to speed. Why is Oxley's name being raised?
He's uncontracted still, rumored to be being chased by Brisbane, and apparently will announce his intentions tonight or tomorrow.

A rumour is that Brisbane will let Aish walk to the PSD to Carlton and then try to get Ox to go to them through the psd. I can't see the AFL or AFLPA letting that happen though. It basically would be the same outcome for Brisbane as trading Aish for Oxley, whilst deliberately screwing over a player and another club who was prepared to trade in good faith for him.

He's uncontracted still, rumored to be being chased by Brisbane, and apparently will announce his intentions tonight or tomorrow.

A rumour is that Brisbane will let Aish walk to the PSD to Carlton and then try to get Ox to go to them through the psd. I can't see the AFL or AFLPA letting that happen though. It basically would be the same outcome for Brisbane as trading Aish for Oxley, whilst deliberately screwing over a player and another club who was prepared to trade in good faith for him.
I don't get the angst towards us. We sent them Beams last year FFS. It's almost like they're filthy we didn't roll over like Geelong did with Christenson.

That would be awful of brisbane, and pretty hypocritical considering Beams.

It also means Oxley has to agree to it.
Aish and his management wouldn't do it, will Oxley?

First, I still don't understand how an unwell parent means that he couldn't play for GC in 2015. Whilst that might have been one the factors for Beams going home it clearly wasn't the only one which is demonstrated by the fact he refused to deal with no one other than Brisbane.

Second, we said he was a contracted player and wanted him to stay but eventually did a trade which was in the best interests of both clubs. It was a successful trade because both Brisbane and Pies fans would say they are very happy with it 12 months on. Brisbane have categorically ruled out trading Aish. This is a decision that in the worsts interests of everybody. The most senseless thing about it all is that the only one who loses badly from this is Brisbane - Aish still gets to go to Melbourne and probably gets a big pay rise if Carlton draft him for his nominated fee. It's just staggering how inept Brisbane's handling of this is although I shouldn't be surprised given this is a club that has been in the bottom half of the competition for over a decade and a basket case off the park.

Third, the way Brisbane and in particularly the coach handled themselves in last years trading period was incredibly unprofessional imo. With that kind of leadership I am not surprised that (a) they finished on the bottom of the ladder and (b) are seeing another player exodus in this period.

I have no sympathy for the dire straits that your club is in. It's entirely self inflicted and they deserve every bit of it. There will be no priority picks for you and you can bludge off Collingwood's welfare money for us long as you want but let it be known that any of success your club has in the future will have been funded by the charity of the Collingwood FC

Spot on.

Lions supporters can't use this 'it was different with Beams his Dad was unwell"……Beams wouldn't let GC into the picture and basically just walked out on our club with 1 year left yet we still had the compassion to get a deal done for him.

If the Lions actually go through with this then they will hurt themselves more than they know. Kids will be told by their managers that if they think they may not like the prospect of going to the Lions then to be quite open about that with the Lions and say they don't want to be taken as they would likely seek to leave as soon as they could.

The Lions should look at GWS, here is a start up club who built a culture and environment in a 3-4 year period that resulted in 6 of their big 7 signing on again this year. The Lions should look inwardly and accept that the reason these kids are leaving is that there is something wrong in their systems. To put the blame on kids like Aish is appalling and player managers will take note. In reality they know it……its why Leppa begged Lambo to come back. Leppa is a massive part of the problem up there……MASSIVE!

That would be awful of brisbane, and pretty hypocritical considering Beams.
It would be completely underhanded and serve no purpose other than to deter draftees from wanting to join their club, and destroy an otherwise decent trading relationship with Collingwood.

We still have beams
We still have beams
... and Christensen, and Robinson, and 3 less wins than last season - and only two wins against clubs that finished above you when only one club finished below you! Bahaha. Going well. At least you have Beamer. Such an irrelevant little football club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

* I just want Brisbane to fold. Bloody blight on the game. The AFL shouldn't be a sheltered workshop for the incompetent. You want to compete, compete.

But most of the comp are protected species who can't and won't compete and then sit there and give us and teams like the Hawks s**t for being able to stand on our own feet.

* em

**** I just want Brisbane to fold. Bloody blight on the game. The AFL shouldn't be a sheltered workshop for the incompetent. You want to compete, compete.

But most of the comp are protected species who can't and won't compete and then sit there and give us and teams like the Hawks s**t for being able to stand on our own feet.

**** em
If Tasmania had the option of having the Lions relocate or wait another 10 years and start fresh like a GWS, they would choose to wait

I'll be honest, im not sure if there is a whole lot we will do about Brisbane, but I think Balmeys comments in the media are the right step

Basically need to keep saying that this is a club that is actively getting in the way of a player getting to his preferred destination and have publicly said they would rather he leave for nothing than negotiate with us - which appears to be purely out of spite.

I dont think we can change Brisbanes mind - and they are allowed to do that in the current rules - but we need to keep putting public pressure on how petty they are being, especially compared to us being willing to deal Beams, and put the focus on how they will be viewed by potential draftees/free agents.
---

The damnning thing for Brisbane is that they have publicly said he can either go to Carlton for free or stay in Brisbane, and they wont negotiate with anyobe else - even though that would get them a better outcome.

Leigh Mathews has been so strong in his statements, it will be very difficult to get him to back away from here.

I think our best chance is from pressure behind the scenes-

1. Ox requesting a trade to Bris. As others have said already this will put pressure on Brisbane to get it done. The AFL and the players association wont be pleased if they stop a mutually happy trade of players ( + pick) purely out of spite.

2. Offer a fair exchange. Then lobbying the AFL against giving Brisbane priority picks next season if they're are prepared to knock back 'Fair and Reasonable' trade deals.

It will also depend on how strong Aish is to get to the Pies. If he is not 100% steadfast in his refusal to entertain another club, then I think it's unlikely we will get him.

Not that I would want this to happen, but it'd be interesting to hear what Matthews/Swann etc would say if Aish had requested to go to Carlton. Hard to make a point if he's walking there for free anyway.

Not that I would want this to happen, but it'd be interesting to hear what Matthews/Swann etc would say if Aish had requested to go to Carlton. Hard to make a point if he's walking there for free anyway.

I bet they do the Trade ASAP

Hopefully a number of us heard Blame on SEN this morning, shame on the AFL site to use that sort of heading.
And you wonder why people don't trust the media any more?

Agree. There was no blasting whatsoever. He was calm and concise, and made some good points.

Another rubbish journo.

Sent from my Millennium Falcon using Tapatalk

I have, and don't condone trolling. Frankly I don't give a s**t about the Lions board though, just because some randoms have gone to your board to stir up s**t doesn't automatically give you the right to do it here.
Difference is I'm trying to have a sensible discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back