AJ Styles - Thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

An Owens/AJ feud would be great wrestling wise. My only problem is I think AJ should be booked strong the first few months as I think he is capable of being a top face, especially at the moment and at the same time I think Owens can be the top heel in the company but has been losing a bit too much lately so really needs to go over strong in his next feud to get some momentum. Assuming Reigns wins back the title at WM I would much rather see Owens challenge for it over a League of Nations member or even Bray.

His entrance music is woeful. And debut in Rumble got lost amongst the crap. Hope he kills Owens on RAW.

Agree - Music Sucked.

Agree his Debut coming in was good and his little Fight with Regins was good but when Y2J came in he just became just another Wrestler in there and Commentators did not even Mention him much after that

I thought he was going to do the Spiral Tap when he was on the top rope. Nope, just a missed frog splash. The anticipation continues.

Same Here. I thought he was going for his Finisher but was just a Normal Frog Splash :(

Been in 2 Matches and has not hit 1 Finisher Yet :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought the match with Jericho was pretty sloppy, with timing issues, and I think it was mainly Jericho's fault. There were a number of times where you could see AJ waiting for Jericho to either catch up or call the spot (and a number of times you could see or hear Jericho calling things, too). AJ is in phenomenal (pardon the pun) shape, and Jericho is just a step too slow nowdays. Jericho of 10-15 years ago would have had great matches with the AJ of today, but using him as some sort of yardstick in 2016 to measure whether AJ can "go" and can "hang" in WWE is wrong IMO.

Hopefully Jericho views it the opposite and says enough is enough, and instead of coming back for 2 months a year prior to Mania seasons uses another 2 months beforehand to get in shape.

There are plenty of people I can't wait to see AJ wrestle. Owens, Neville, Ambrose, Ziggler, Zayn, Balor... Nakamura. The list goes on.

Jericho was a good first match I thought though. WWE veteran who isn't in the best shape of his life but was still capable of putting on a decent match.

AJ's theme is the s**t. Fits him so well.

The match wasn't great because Styles just didn't like he had adapted yet to the WWE style, He'll get there though, The match was still really good and entertaining, Love that they are teasing the "Styles Clash" too.

Don't they usually have a Ladder Match at WM for a title like US/IC ?

Hopefully Jericho views it the opposite and says enough is enough, and instead of coming back for 2 months a year prior to Mania seasons uses another 2 months beforehand to get in shape.

He's fit, You don't need to have a six pack and be skinny to be fit.

He's fit, You don't need to have a six pack and be skinny to be fit.

Not sure I indicated body type had a direct correlation to fitness?

Would also argue he looked half gassed for a reasonably slow paced match with a fair bit of low cardio chain wresting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back