Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 7, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Colorado Avalanche; Houston Rockets
Hi team!

Did anyone buy framed memorabilia from the club when Aker won his Brownlow? I'm keen to track a piece down, but I don't want a 3rd party piece - it has to be AFL / Lions issued. A Google search doesn't yield much so I'm hoping someone here may have a pic they could share?

Hi team!

Did anyone buy framed memorabilia from the club when Aker won his Brownlow? I'm keen to track a piece down, but I don't want a 3rd party piece - it has to be AFL / Lions issued. A Google search doesn't yield much so I'm hoping someone here may have a pic they could share?
So you want to have it at your house for a while and then they can have it back for a while?

Bad choice of words on my part! What I'm after is some idea of what the official merch looks like.

I was cleaning up around the house and found in the garage...(although it's not in his Brownlow year).... an unopened boxed 2000 millennium Brisbane Lions Tawny Port signed by Aker....

Although my memory is a bit fuzzy.. I seem to think It was sold by the club as a "Members only collection" from Boyd & Co (Brad & Rachel Boyd)..I believe "in recognition and support of the new venture of Fitzroys last Captain and ...the Brisbane Lions first signing???

Ironically the bottle features a photo of the players about to break through a banner at Docklands against the Dogs ( I believe that has significance as it is the first game for either club at the new stadium ..The Dogs as tenants.)..The Team, 7 years later Aker confirmed he wanted to join.....

It was around this time I added it to the items that were going to be sold at a garage sale...for one reason or another the garage sale didn't eventuate and boxed port has sat in the garage since September 2007.... happy to supply a pic..if required..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back