Toast Alan Richardson

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutly towlled up Bummer thompson. Hooker should have been moved forward much earlier.

As far as the commentators (BT) saying the game style was boring, I don't agree. The defensive running from the Saints was a pleasure to watch, its not spectacular but the fitness and commitment to a game plan was inspirational.

Good win, good coaching from a team that from the outside appeared to be in complete disarray during the off season.

Haha Should learn not to listen to channel 7 anymore, put triple m on whilst the tv is on, tv little bit delayed but can tell you it's way worth it!!
triple m say it how it is, and actually commentate a game!!

Richardson is so positive, obviously knows what he wants out of the boys and gets it! Great communicator with the players and the media, answers questions and actually gives a bit.

What a great display of match day coaching, haven't seen something like that in a while!

Cheers Richo, if that's indicative of what's to come I hope you stick around for a long time :thumbsu:

great call. my one worry with him was his match day tactics, but boy has he been good so far.

i love that hes not going to die wondering and is prepared to make some moves. against the eagles he didnt worry about their talls, went in with our own plan and almost pulled it off. week before moved maister down back, gwilt fwd.

he's very good around the players too!!!

i love the bloke

As far as the commentators (BT) saying the game style was boring, I don't agree. The defensive running from the Saints was a pleasure to watch, its not spectacular but the fitness and commitment to a game plan was inspirational.

Such a short sighted view from BT and co. Looking pretty isn't a priority right now for a developing side like us. It's all about getting the fundamentals right and hoping that turns into a couple of wins. The dazzle will come in time! More than happy for us to keep on pumping out boring wins like tonights. :hearts:

I wonder how much he learnt at Port last year because the way you're going about it, you're getting your best out of the older players and leaders and your kids remind me of our kids (future guns) and you seem to be all heading in the same direction off field because we are hearing nothing about your board (infighting etc).

Might be early but IMO we have a GEM in Richo.
Super impressive to have the players right behind him so quickly and signs of disciplined game plan clearly visible.

Please, please support him Saints.
He's a keeper!

Just saw Richo on Gameday, the "Citizen" is an impressive bloke, doesn't rant and rave with bullshit promises, just a good old salt of the earth bloke.

It's no wonder our boys are playing out of their skins for him.

I've played under a few coaches in my day in both footy and rugby and the best coaches are the Richo types that don't rant and rave with some bullshit pre-game speech, they just walk around cool as a cucumber speaking individually to players with quiet little messages making you feel like you're important, you're the difference and putting trust in you to do the job for him.

You can see it in the way Stanley is playing this year.

Hinkley is the same type of coach as Richo and look how those young Port blokes are playing for him.

I wonder how much he learnt at Port last year because the way you're going about it, you're getting your best out of the older players and leaders and your kids remind me of our kids (future guns) and you seem to be all heading in the same direction off field because we are hearing nothing about your board (infighting etc).
Or was it that Hinkley and Port learnt a lot from Richo ;)

I really hope that St Kilda and Port can both be up the top under Richo and Hinkley respectively. It would make for some incredibly good contests.

Or was it that Hinkley and Port learnt a lot from Richo ;)

I really hope that St Kilda and Port can both be up the top under Richo and Hinkley respectively. It would make for some incredibly good contests.
I see a lot of similarities in both clubs but just that Port are a little more ahead and have more youngsters although you have more older champs. We'll see you in a GF :cool:

It might actually be more about how much the Port players learnt off Richo last year...

I see a lot of similarities in both clubs but just that Port are a little more ahead and have more youngsters although you have more older champs. We'll see you in a GF :cool:

Loving the way Port is playing, you're now my second favourite team behind the Saints.

That might change when we meet in the GF this year or maybe next year if I'm being realistic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope so mate, love the way Port are playing. Sky is the limit for them.

They clearly like their new coach.

Still not entirely happy with how the senior boys went about things last year, let the admin take care of off field, and worry about what you can control.

The deplorable body language from the veterans last year, has been almost been washed away now in how well they've conducted themselves this year.

It's not just about playing well, it's about moulding the kids.

Less demonstrative finger pointing, and more hair ruffles and bum pats.

They get it, if Richo is behind that, well done him.

They clearly like their new coach.

Still not entirely happy with how the senior boys went about things last year, let the admin take care of off field, and worry about what you can control.

The deplorable body language from the veterans last year, has been almost been washed away now in how well they've conducted themselves this year.

It's not just about playing well, it's about moulding the kids.

Less demonstrative finger pointing, and more hair ruffles and bum pats.

They get it, if Richo is behind that, well done him.

I totally agree. Last year was not at all good from senior players. Even from totally the outside you can sense a difference between the two years. How the older players are interacting with the new players etc.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

My wife just watched that interview - when she saw Ham, she pointed and said, "Wait, is that the douche?"

I kid you not.

Wife hacking thread now... then HE says "You're so hot right now... if only i didn't have to poo!" and runs to the loo - way to ruin a moment!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back