Toast Alan Richardson

Remove this Banner Ad

How can a thread about AR have so many posts written up without anybody using the word "significant"? After all it is Alan's favorite word. Please start to incorporate forthwith...or as AR might say...we need to see some significant improvement in this area.!
;)
Significantly, it comes on the back of a solid pre-season. :)

He has done everything right so far this year but there is probably a bit of balance needed. He is getting wins but the improvement has probably come from both Steven and Armo having great seasons after missing huge chunks last year and getting back Fisher. we are getting a better team on the park. There was a drop off last year after watters only just missed finals in his first year then dropping off in his second. He is yet to 100% convince me but on the other hand he hasn't done anything wrong this year.

He has done everything right so far this year but there is probably a bit of balance needed. He is getting wins but the improvement has probably come from both Steven and Armo having great seasons after missing huge chunks last year and getting back Fisher. we are getting a better team on the park. There was a drop off last year after watters only just missed finals in his first year then dropping off in his second. He is yet to 100% convince me but on the other hand he hasn't done anything wrong this year.

Bruce
Roberton

Bruce
Roberton

They help too. Roberto missing all of last year dropped us back. Its pretty hard to gauge until he has a gun team and starts out coaching other elite coaches but so far so good.

I reckon that's the first time I've seen him get emotional like that ever.
Obviously loved the passion, but also really impressed by the emotional "reset" that he did soon after. There were still 20 seconds, the same amount of time we'd taken to get that match-saving goal.

That attitude was matched by the players on the field: elation, but then reset.

He out coached a premiership coach on the weekend.

It certainly helps not having a bloke who was more arrogant than Dermott Brereton being allowed through the front door of the club, let alone being the coach, oh the stories I could tell if I couldn't get sued..........
Watter under the bridge man, Watter under the bridge.

He out coached a premiership coach on the weekend.

It certainly helps not having a bloke who was more arrogant than Dermott Brereton being allowed through the front door of the club, let alone being the coach, oh the stories I could tell if I couldn't get sued..........
Surprised MB could get his head through the front door.

Just goes to show if you throw a rediculous amount of money at an ego who doesn't actually want the job they might just say yes and treat your club with absolute contempt.
Good riddens to the saviour!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I might get flamed here but some elements of him remind me a lot of Ross Lyon. A lot in the way he speaks and how he is so methodical, unemotional and process driven.

Of course we're in a very different stage with a rebuild and developing young players (as opposed to going all out for a flag) but there is a manner of going about things they seem to be similar in (relentless pressure being one).

I read somewhere, after secltions have been deceided he sees every single player on the list and telss them why or why not they were in the team.

does anyone thingk this is done for every team?

I read somewhere, after secltions have been deceided he sees every single player on the list and telss them why or why not they were in the team.

Remember watching an interview with Cripps from Carlton saying he'd catch up and discuss his progress with MM every couple of weeks. So there's 1 that didn't.

Obviously loved the passion, but also really impressed by the emotional "reset" that he did soon after. There were still 20 seconds, the same amount of time we'd taken to get that match-saving goal.

That attitude was matched by the players on the field: elation, but then reset.
And the words came out of his mouth after the reset "Get back, Get back"
But even as he was getting the runner to send the message Roo was doing the same.

I think Bevo at the dogs does it aswell.

Last edited:
I think we have got a bloody ripper of a coach in Richo he will grow and improve with the team, only have to watch how we tackle and the pressure the team apply to see his message is getting through

Pretty happy with him so far, barring the odd player selection or non-selection here and there, our game plan is looking good with fast direct play and our skills seem to be improving, we also give good effort every week and apply good defensive pressure.

Was great to see some emotion from him when Montagna kicked the winning goal, one criticism of him is that he appears to be a bit unemotional and detached but then again you want your coach to be cool and calculated most of the time and not an over emotional muppet like Brad Scott.

Hes making a believer of me... Certain to get an extension next year now.

I would say so, on results so far he's doing as expected or slightly better than expected and there don't appear to be any off field rumblings of discontent that there were with Watters. The players all seem to like and respect him and they're showing that by the way they're playing for him.

can't see why he wont get an extension... but he better we need stability atm. finally we're going in the right direction again. (Club and game)

Go Saints!

Last edited:
If you're gonna completely lose your s**t, do a Richo and yell .....
...... "F*** MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!! ........ WOW !!!!!!"

.... and then resume business as though nothing just happened.

Absolute GOLD. :fire:
* yeah!

Although I reckon he said F***IN BEAUTYYYYYYY and then in true Ric Flair fashion let out a WOOOOOOOH

Id extend his contract through 2017 right now.
Tell him dont worry too much about the w:l for this year but keep teaching the kids how he wants them to play.

We still want a pick 5 or so in this year's draft. We don't want to get too high :)

Then for 16, 17 we can judge him on his w:l.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back