Scandal Alastair Clarkson whacking port fan

Remove this Banner Ad

Mere appeasement on his behalf....What Clarko says post facto does not compute with what Clarko did!

So Again....Cool light of reason Vs Heightened Anxiety state=Heightened (Though legitimate & warranted) reaction.

Context, Context, Context.

The Twerp knew exactly what he was doing & got precisely what he had coming to him....Natural Folk justice>>>>Legal Twaddle!
And it is how we respond to a heightened state of anxiety that matters.

Would it be fair to say that Clarko really only had about three possible alternative ways to handle this?

1) Try and sprint to the doors and get through them.

Downside here is no one knows whether the guy was armed and could have stabbed him...
For God's sake the guy had his phone out taking a video.

And it is how we respond to a heightened state of anxiety that matters.

Well Clarko's response sure got a reaction alright....Pretty much divided this entire forum straight down the middle....Which tells me he got it right!

If he is not charged, Which I doubt he will be....Then the Law agrees with that also.

Context appropriate behavior.

His later apology merely spoke of someone recognizing their public figure status & the need to condone Violence as an answer....Which is fair enuf!

But again....If you taunt a losing coach immediately after a match by getting in his face like that....Then you're pretty much asking for what's coming to you....That is just plain old common-sense!

Simple answer....Don't be a s**t-stirring little no-life troll, looking for a reaction....Because your going to get one!

Well Clarko's response sure got a reaction alright....Pretty much divided this entire forum straight down the middle....Which tells me he got it right!

If he is not charged, Which I doubt he will be....Then the Law agrees with that also.
a) That is not a valid point. He got it right because people disagree? APart from that ... split right down the middle? I can see a few variations and opinions from "shoulda done more" to "should have done nothing".

b) The law says that what he did was assault. Then you go into justifications. Then you go into punishments or otherwise. IMO he should get a caution or warning and it is over with.

a) That is not a valid point. He got it right because people disagree? APart from that ... split right down the middle? I can see a few variations and opinions from "shoulda done more" to "should have done nothing".

b) The law says that what he did was assault. Then you go into justifications. Then you go into punishments or otherwise. IMO he should get a caution or warning and it is over with.

A)....No, that's not what I said....Nothing to do with people disagreeing, but rather, the fact that his behavior split the difference....That is, as the Normative expectation in the context of the situation when considering all the variants & variables either side of the equation!

B)....Technically Yes....Though his actions will be deemed from a context of Self-Defense (Which it was)....No one is denying THAT particular aspect of the equation....Given that particular context, then his actions were perfectly reasonable & appropriate in the situation....Nothing more, nothing less!

Ergo....He will not be charged!

A)....No, that's not what I said....Nothing to do with people disagreeing, but rather, the fact that his behavior split the difference....That is, as the Normative expectation in the context of the situation when considering all the variants & variables either side of the equation!
What in the hell are you talking about?

Context appropriate behavior.

His later apology merely spoke of someone recognizing their public figure status & the need to condone Violence as an answer....Which is fair enuf!

But again....If you taunt a losing coach immediately after a match by getting in his face like that....Then you're pretty much asking for what's coming to you....That is just plain old common-sense!

Simple answer....Don't be a s**t-stirring little no-life troll, looking for a reaction....Because your going to get one!
Haha this is funny. Some hawks supporters, after last year's final, gave me, the Geelong supporter, absolutely heaps. Much more in the face, much more offensive than Clarko faced, more threatening from what I saw of his incident.
Guess what, I just kept smiling and kept walking and kept ignoring. That is what one does with idiots.
Can't really comprehend that you are still going on this 100 pages later. The port guy was a goose, Clarko's response was dopey. Can we move on.
ps I might add that most Hawks supporters were pretty civilized after that final, just a small group of idiots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What in the hell are you talking about?

Normative Expectations!....How we measure reasonableness, degrees of culpability & negligence...Also foreseability with regards Writs of Tort in our entire legal system....THAT'S what I'm Talking About!

craw.jpg Another way of explaining it, is the good old fashioned 'Man on the Clapham Omnibus'!

Last edited:
helpsy_200.jpg

Tells you everything you need to know.

I find his mouth looks disturbingly like a sideways vagina. Hard to unsee.

Haha this is funny. Some hawks supporters, after last year's final, gave me, the Geelong supporter, absolutely heaps. Much more in the face, much more offensive than Clarko faced, more threatening from what I saw of his incident.
Guess what, I just kept smiling and kept walking and kept ignoring. That is what one does with idiots.
Can't really comprehend that you are still going on this 100 pages later. The port guy was a goose, Clarko's response was dopey. Can we move on.
ps I might add that most Hawks supporters were pretty civilized after that final, just a small group of idiots.

And out of the tens of thousands of Geelong fans there, these group of idiots went after you and you alone???? Lol why was that?

Here's the thing: I agree I don't know what I would have done.

But whacking the guy would have been the wrong thing. And Clarkson agrees.

Him saying he regrets not walking on is PR spin. I find it amusing that you take this so literally as an admission from him but completely dismissed his earlier comments.

He didn't say it was wrong to whack him, and nor should he. He said, under sufferance to end the whole media inquest, that he wishes he had of kept walking. That wish had nothing to do with thinking he wasn't within his rights to shove him off as to end this whole media circus.

And out of the tens of thousands of Geelong fans there, these group of idiots went after you and you alone???? Lol why was that?
I don't know Spooky, because they were idiots? Because, as is usually the case in these things, I just happened to be the person who walked by.
Can't really see your point Spooky.

Him saying he regrets not walking on is PR spin. I find it amusing that you take this so literally as an admission from him but completely dismissed his earlier comments.
His early comment set off the bullshit detector. The statement of regret and admission he could and should have kept walking did not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back