Scandal Alastair Clarkson whacking port fan

Remove this Banner Ad

give it a rest for once. This is a completely different topic. If Hird assaulted a member of the public I'd be the first to voice disapproval

But it's perfectly OK for you to slip the boot into Clarkson, over an innocuous don't argue on an abusive drunken fan who was up in his face, after being asked 3 times to refrain.

Meanwhile excusing the actions of your own coach, who IMO did a lot worse.

I want to stress the importance of the final bit, the bloke putting his face close to Clarkson's and yelling as loud as he could.

I don't care how controlled you are; this is the most basic primitive threat in all nature, and provoked the natural (not in our culture, but certainly in our biology) response
No it isn't. Now you are engaging in hyperbole.

Only if the person lacks self control.

Someone "acting like a douche", is not a legal justification for assault. Note I am talking more generally, not about the incident.
Read the post above yours.

people really need to see the final action in relation. Our instinct is NOT for self control with someone right in your face, screaming.

Not with a phone but the guy could have a knife or have belted him , if you can talk about what could of happened so can I

You can stir me

If you follow me to my hotel filming me getting over me and yelling ill probably shove you out of my way and tell you to piss off
fair enough, but I wouldnt call Clarkos actions a shove

He pushed him, and I'm fine with that you have a right to your personal space. If that was a guy getting in a police officers face he would have been smashed to the ground, cuffed and arrested, so why is it ok to do it to an everyday person?
Quoted for truth.

I have no issue with this. Clarko is the victim here.

It's really easy to say not being there isn't it? If Clarkson had absolutely laid him out cold it would be different, but all it really was was a little shove.

Easy to say but Clarkson has form at being unable to control himself.

And then for him to come out and justify it by saying he was in danger of his safety, is just laughable. Id' have more respect for him if he was honest and just said he snapped.

Last edited:
He pushed him, and I'm fine with that you have a right to your personal space. If that was a guy getting in a police officers face he would have been smashed to the ground, cuffed and arrested, so why is it ok to do it to an everyday person?

Oh yeah imagine if he did it to a cop. He'd be spitting out teeth and picking up parts of his face from having it ground in to the foot path.

people really need to see the final action in relation. Our instinct is NOT for self control with someone right in your face, screaming.
Flight and fight are more complex than that. Likewise, "instinct". Humans are capable of reasoning and abstract thought, we resist temptations and deal with conflicting impulse all the time.

So just because you feel like hitting someone who gets in your face, doesn't mean it is right or justified.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope. It was a perfectly acceptable response to the situation he was put in. Continued harrassment that hasn't abated after repeated pleas to give it a rest. A forceful shove off (not strike, not punch and most certainly not a king hit) is well within his rights and while physical, is far from violent.

Tone the melodrama down.

Sorry, there's no excuses for getting physical.
You would expect a person of Clarkson's standing in society, a leader of men so to speak to be able to deal with a situation like this in a far more appropriate manner - & to lead by example.
He's damn lucky that despite his initiating physical contact that the situation didn't escalate & that no-one was seriously injured as a result. This could have been so much worse.

Flight and fight are more complex than that. Likewise, "instinct". Humans are capable of reasoning and abstract thought, we resist temptations and deal with conflicting impulse all the time.

So just because you feel like hitting someone who gets in your face, doesn't mean it is right or justified.

I never said either. I said it is understandable.

If this is your field, you know that it is.

The hotel video in the foyer and the one in the lift should be clearer and i would assume the cops are reviewing that footage. Any lawyer types on here wanna guess it Clarko gets charged?

Flight and fight are more complex than that. Likewise, "instinct". Humans are capable of reasoning and abstract thought, we resist temptations and deal with conflicting impulse all the times.

Mate....We have the most colorful coach in the land!....Battle of the Bulge, London Bridge, Abstract M.C.G installation artiste, Junior Football exemplifier extraordinaire.....Sum of yous are just jelly is all!:D

Just call it another episode in the 'Angry Little Mans' bulging Resume.....Chapter entitled: Hilltop Hoods hammered by Head Hawk!;),,,,You can read all about it in the next edition of Woman's Day!....They have all the exclusive piccies & interview rights!....The 3 Port Ferals are being whisjed away as we speak to a secret location.....They'll be saved from an inpending mine collapse any minute now!:p

Oh. And did I mention he's a 3 time Premiership Coach?:cool:

We're better than our instincts.

No worries mate. You've convinced me.

Clarko did the indefensible and king hit a defenseless and unsuspecting innocent victim and Lloyd fairly bumped Sewell and unluckily was suspended for 6 weeks.

Welcome to ignore. I'm not sure I've read too much more over reaction and hypocritical posting in some time.
its time that you take a break you have lost the plot

It's very interesting to see most of the anti-clarko comments are from EFC supporters.

Hey mods, what about a poll?

We have a veneer of learned frontal lobe control over our instincts. This is above every other animal, true.

But our deepest drives and motivations, for sex and survival, are instinctive. Aggression is part of them.

The most innate threats, also, are conveyed through body language, not words...

With what? The drunk blokes phone?

Clarkson squibbed it for 49 metres, then king hit the guy and dived inside. What a coward.

I was responding to the hypothetical it could of escalated because of Clarksons actions, who is to say Clarkson was not worried about being beaten up or hurt in some way

So he avoided him for 49 metres which you call him a squib for?

But them you condemn his reaction

(Which you think is a king hit)

Just a pathetic post mate

Remove this Banner Ad

Back