Scandal Alastair Clarkson whacking port fan

Remove this Banner Ad

why not. why should he you or anyone have to put up with that sort of crap.
no one has to sit still and do nothing.no one.time to put the onus back on these dip shits who have no respect for anyone or anything.they seem to think its their god given right to GO OUT GET PISSED act like a moron PROVOKE PEOPLE AND EXPECT NO CONSEQUENCE. They are usually the first to complain when some one does something about it.

theres a simple little mantra that maybe you could live by. always treat people the way you expect to be treated yourself. if you fail to do so EXPECT THE CONSEQUENCES.

a question. what sort of reaction would you expect from someone if you carried on like those idiots.lets see if you can be honest.
So... Clarkson should have gotten HIS phone out?

If I acted like that I wouldn't know what to expect - but it would be against my rights for the response to be unreasonable. That's the only real point here.

I find it really hard to see how anyone can interpret that as just a push out of the way. It was a good thump, and not reasonable given the apparent factors and situation.

I don't get the parochialism, he is a past North player and I wish all our past players well and I am happy Clarko has had success as a coach, but this white knighting is pretty sickening.

It is like the Daw incident, he is up on rape charges, I hope he is not guilty and by that I mean I really hope he didn't do it, not that I hope he gets away with it. If he is guilty I want him to be punished accordingly.

This forum warrioring over this is pretty sad. Anyone who condones violence for incidents where violence can be avoided is really a deplorable human being and I can honestly say, i really hope you do not breed and infest the human gene pool by bringing up a generation to believe that kind of conduct is okay. You are as bad as the morons who raised the guy in Clarkson's face not to respect other people's space.

If I was an AFL coach and I was leaving the stadium without security then I would expect that sort of behaviour.

It's a little redundant to argue what I or someone else would do in the circumstances. He attracted attention specifically because of the job he holds. He's an idiot as well as a thug if he was surprised.

Just because he's an AFL coach doesn't mean he needs to put up with total crap from a drunk...get real...

"Feeling disrespected" isn't ground for lashing out.

I'm not defending the Port idiots behaviour.

And most "red blooded" (whatever that means) blokes would be wrong. But also, most aren't the coach of a footy team with a camera in their face.

It seems the only punch ("forceful push") thrown was from Clarkson, who was not drunk and was in front of his hotel with players pretty close at hand. It doesn't look good.

You can't just thump someone for being a knob, much as some people like to think they should be able to.
being harangued harrassed and your personal space invaded is every means for lashing out.

and yes you are defending the port idiots behavior. but i expect nothing more from some people.

look your obviously trolling. unlike those port supporters your doing so from the safety of a computer. maybe we should all do exactly what you espoused clarkson should do. that is just ignore you.

i say this because i cant fathom any body in their right mind defending what those idiots did and then expect the victim to just cop it in the neck.
its a worry that you seem incapble of grasping right from wrong and where a line should be drawn. clarkson did nothing wrong and was within his rights to do much more than just forcefully shove the bloke.

See, this is what I'm talking about. I'm certainly not thinking it's 'a green light' for being an idiot and harassing a person, and I suspect most in this thread questioning Clarkson's actions don't think that too. Making that kind of argument tells me you are not going to consider the other side's viewpoint because in your mind you have already decided that anyone questioning Clarkson is this is advocating for the moron. And no-one wants to be on the side of that moron.

But as a public figure his actions are held to a higher standard and he has a history of this type of thing. Which is documented, because he is a public figure. We hold public figures to a different standard. You may not agree with it, but that is something you have to deal with when people come up with their own judgment of him.

Only people who are star struck by them do, why not give them the common decency to go on their way in peace, without lining up to have a pot at them. He is a footy coach FFS, not the prime minister

Not everyone stops and stares when a footy player enters the room

There are too many instances of gangs of pissed up idiots using mobile phones to record bashings and public humiliations of innocent people going along their business. Clarkson used a minimum amount of force to defuse the situation before it got out of control.

Pissed up blokes at midnight in a gang are very unpredictable, he was well within his rights to act the way he did.

Anyway the police are reviewing the incident, and if he has done wrong I am sure will face the consequences.

So it ends like this.
Bigfooty followers either accept that under certain circumstances of intimidation a physical response is ok. If they are ever in that situation they have two choices. The physical one or walk away.
There are Bigfooty followers who accept a physical response is never ok. If they are in the situation they have one choice. Enjoy life on your knees boys.

So, Gary Lyon, when youve staged violence to get notoreity on the footy show, that was something different ?

Once when I was at etihad on the other side of the ground from the bench, none of the players could be bothered handing ot footies on our side
Clarkson spotted us and ran all the way over, made my kids night.

I was among dissapointed carlton fans. Maybe the club should stop clarko doing that ? Hes got a well known short fuse, yet you were desperate to get him as melbourne coach ?

You realise that if we cower before these idiots, then all fans will lose such accessiblility, all sacrificed to the altar of getting a few more ratings

What do you want ? "Im just here so I dont get fined"

Clarko is a hawthorn giant and no one is in any danger near him. Even these idiots got three chances

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So it ends like this.
Bigfooty followers either accept that under certain circumstances of intimidation a physical response is ok. If they are ever in that situation they have two choices. The physical one or walk away.
There are Bigfooty followers who accept a physical response is never ok. If they are in the situation they have one choice. Enjoy life on your knees boys.

Physical force is always acceptable in certain circumstances. It's called self defence. Self defence however, according to the various laws applicable, is not unlimited.

The premise of your argument is flawed.

Has the Chief had a few brewskies or something tonight?

Haven't you seen the leaked photos of the mod lounge sundowner on the 1st Friday of every month

Coke. hookers, shard and cigars, wizard robes and hats,

It's the best deal in town

Christ....With this level of interest, I wished I was Clarko's auto-biographer....Part 1 would be out on the shelves tomorrow & i'd be on my way to Tahiti for the rest of my days not long after!

If Clarko has any sense, he'd be penning another chapter this instant!....Struth!

If he can't post his own views on his own site, then what's the point of owning it?

I sort of agree with your viewpoint. Things would be a lot easier if Alistair Clarkson walking the street is just perceived as an ordinary citizen and the same standards apply to him as to most other people. Things would also be a lot easier if camera phones weren't everywhere and social media was non-existent.

But the reality is that it isn't.

geez i know one thing, i wouldnt want at him at my back if some boof heads started some trouble.. you would get your head caved in while he procrastinated on weather my assailants deserved to be put in their place or not. worse hed probably walk away.

geez i know one thing, i wouldnt want at him at my back if some boof heads started some trouble.. you would get your head caved in while he procrastinated on weather my assailants deserved to be put in their place or not. worse hed probably walk away.

Na mate...He'd still be pontificating over the 'reasonableness' of their actions or Not!;)

So it ends like this.
False dichotomy.

The response could be anywhere from nothing all the way up to reasonable force.

It might be emotionally satisfying to see your coach clock a knob opposition supporter, but that isn't a factor.

And well behaved people are going to lose access to footy figures because of the actions of a few dickheads who are ultra provocative.
Nearly every football person asked about this has said while most are Ok, theres an increasing few, usually armed with camera phones, feel they have a right to demand, abuse etc etc.

These people in the clarkson incident have not shown remorse, they have edited and broadcast their video, gone on social media etc just lording it up, it rings true to nathan buckleys comments.

False dichotomy.

The response could be anywhere from nothing all the way up to reasonable force.

It might be emotionally satisfying to see your coach clock a knob opposition supporter, but that isn't a factor.

LOL....What a brilliant turn of phrase.

You underestimate the emotionally satisfying Factor...It was brill!

being harangued harrassed and your personal space invaded is every means for lashing out.
It isn't. Provocation is not a defence.

and yes you are defending the port idiots behavior. but i expect nothing more from some people.
I am not. Don't go and get personal.

look your obviously trolling.
I have been a little bit - sorry.

i say this because i cant fathom any body in their right mind defending what those idiots did and then expect the victim to just cop it in the neck.
its a worry that you seem incapble of grasping right from wrong and where a line should be drawn. clarkson did nothing wrong and was within his rights to do much more than just forcefully shove the bloke.
There is no defence of THEIR ACTIONS.

Only an opinion the THE RESPONSE was out of proportion, with reasons given after seeing the video and hearing the description of surrounding events.

He was not within his rights to do anything more than use appropriate force. It seems to me he crossed that line.

And well behaved people are going to lose access to footy figures because of the actions of a few dickheads who are ultra provocative.
But you can't just whack those people out of frustration. It's not a reasonable response.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back