Scandal Alastair Clarkson whacking port fan

Remove this Banner Ad

When my 8yo hits his 6yo brother because he was teasing him, do I as a parent:

1. Congratulate him on striking out and teaching his brother a lesson, or
2. Admonish him because striking out is inherently wrong, even if provoked?
BINGO
This is where it starts. You can select 2 and teach the younger son that you can do what you like as long as you don't use violence or add a third alternate. Step 1 of this is to use your choice 2 and then double the admonishment for the younger son and let him know very clearly you make your bed you lie in it.

If someone got up in my face and screamed right into my ear like that I would react too. At the very least I would push them away, out of my personal space. At worst I would throw a punch.

Idiot supporter, Port or not. The only justification Clarkson needed was to feel intimidated and I think most reasonable people would say that supporter gave him cause enough to feel so.

How does this have 94 pages?

I forgot that this is Bigfooty, where everyone shows there faux outrage on the behalf of others.

Who cares......
Because Hawthorn fans can't admit that Clarko has anger issues and want to pretend that he was feeling scared and threatened ( :rolleyes: ) and just doing what anyone would have done in 'self-defense', which is untrue.

Because Hawthorn fans can't admit that Clarko has anger issues and want to pretend that he was feeling scared and threatened ( :rolleyes: ) and just doing what anyone would have done in 'self-defense', which is untrue.
funny that geelong supporters seem to be the main ones being outraged by clarko's behaviour, wouldn't have anything to do with the relationship the 2 sets of clubs have? I'm sure if it was chris scott who i gaurantee would have reacted the same way cats fans would be leaping to his defence.

Can't believe this thread is still going. Such a non event.

Poignant too that it happened on Anzac Day, the 100th anniversary. If this happened in 1915 everyone would be shouting Clarko a beer.

Such a sad sad society we live in these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geelong supporter here, absolutely despise Hawthorn and their fans..

But...

Support Clarkson's actions 100%.. This pathetic tolerance for drunk and aggressive ********s is a big reason why people hate Melbourne's nightlife. Those attacking him literally encourage this kind of behavior to continue.

Thanks to this piece of shiit , coaches and players wiill probably need more security if god forbid they head out in public..

Can't believe this thread is still going. Such a non event.

Poignant too that it happened on Anzac Day, the 100th anniversary. If this happened in 1915 everyone would be shouting Clarko a beer.

Such a sad sad society we live in these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely agree. A complete non event.

funny that geelong supporters seem to be the main ones being outraged by clarko's behaviour, wouldn't have anything to do with the relationship the 2 sets of clubs have? I'm sure if it was chris scott who i gaurantee would have reacted the same way cats fans would be leaping to his defence.
I'm not outraged by his behaviour. It doesn't offend me although I don't think it's a good look for an AFL coach and I would be disappointed in Scott if he did it, although I think he would be sensible enough to find a way to avoid it. My point is that Hawthorn fans want to deny that he acted out of aggression and are acting like there was no alternative possible.

At first I thought the whole thing was a good laugh, a drunken w***er got what he deserved.

But the more the media goes on about it and twists the facts the more frustrating this is becoming. Every idiot in the media saying it was just a "push" or "shove" needs to be shot, it was as clear as a wack as you can get, if you play the video at %25 speed you can clearly see him clench his fist and wack him on the chin. The fact he used his opposite left hand instead of his right hand ends any argument that he pushed him away, the ONLY reason to use your opposite hand (in a round arm motion with clenched fist no less) is to gain leverage to increase the impact of a strike, simple.
Also the idiots in the media saying he was 'threatened' all need to be lined up and shot. If "Go the Powaaaaaaa" is a threat, then everyday at the footy I am threatened over a couple hundred times. What a joke.

Like I said, I think the w***er got what he deserved and am glad he did, but let's be honest and stick to the facts of what happened.

He probably does. He could have handled the situation better, and has admitted to that.

But at the end of the day who cares.

We have just had a great round of footy, just commemorated the 100th anniversary of the Anzac day. Some great wins by team like GWS, Melbourne, Western Bulldogs, Port and Freo.

Yet some moron on his phone, has dominated the media.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So your just baiting us, rather than trying to add decorum to the thread ?

He probably does. He could have handled the situation better, and has admitted to that.

But at the end of the day who cares.

We have just had a great round of footy, just commemorated the 100th anniversary of the Anzac day. Some great wins by team like GWS, Melbourne, Western Bulldogs, Port and Freo.

Yet some moron on his phone, has dominated the media.
It's also lazy media who milk trashy stories to death rather than do any kind of interesting or original journalism

When my 8yo hits his 6yo brother because he was teasing him, do I as a parent:

1. Congratulate him on striking out and teaching his brother a lesson, or
2. Admonish him because striking out is inherently wrong, even if provoked?

If you dont have video footage, todays soceity would probably use innuendo to suggest you did it

As i once noted, were not that far off where not carrying a smartphone and recording everything will be viewed as suspicious behaviour "what has he got to hide ?"

I'm not outraged by his behaviour. It doesn't offend me although I don't think it's a good look for an AFL coach and I would be disappointed in Scott if he did it, although I think he would be sensible enough to find a way to avoid it. My point is that Hawthorn fans want to deny that he acted out of aggression and are acting like there was no alternative possible.

I think you'll find no one is saying that no alternative was possible.

However what is being said is that other alternatives had already been used and despite the option of trying AGAIN to walk away being reasonable (which had been unsuccessful in every other attempt previously), once the physical element of the harrassment started, a moderate physical reaction wasn't an unreasonable response in the circumstances.

So walking away AGAIN was a reasonable option. However, it wasn't the only reasonable option.

It is actually if you retain the footage (so reversing cameras aren't an issue). We can get found in breach of privacy if we take clinical photographs without patient's explicit permission which includes what purposes we use it for.
You are right in regard to your example but the law is clear on people filming. You can do it with the exceptions eg children, explicit image etc

At first I thought the whole thing was a good laugh, a drunken ****** got what he deserved.

But the more the media goes on about it and twists the facts the more frustrating this is becoming. Every idiot in the media saying it was just a "push" or "shove" needs to be shot, it was as clear as a wack as you can get, if you play the video at %25 speed you can clearly see him clench his fist and wack him on the chin. The fact he used his opposite left hand instead of his right hand ends any argument that he pushed him away, the ONLY reason to use your opposite hand (in a round arm motion with clenched fist no less) is to gain leverage to increase the impact of a strike, simple.
Also the idiots in the media saying he was 'threatened' all need to be lined up and shot. If "Go the Powaaaaaaa" is a threat, then everyday at the footy I am threatened over a couple hundred times. What a joke.

Like I said, I think the ****** got what he deserved and am glad he did, but let's be honest and stick to the facts of what happened.

That's what annoys me as well, the clear cover up by the media and afl treating the general public like fools. Imagine if it were mick malthouse that did it. Media wouldn't be so ok with it then. Bunch of hypocrites. The guy got hit, hope he gets his 50k out of it.

Well, don't act like a Hird fanboi and you won't be compared to one. You're in my face with all these unsupportable arguments and you expect me to do NOTHING?! COME ON I'LL AVE YA! RRRAAAARGH!!!!!

But seriously:

Last night Procrastinator admitted Clarkson did the wrong thing. You should talk to him and explore why he thinks as he does.
No one here can predict how they would react in those circumstances....That's precisely the point.
But we can say that lashing out with a punch (or "forceful push" or whatever you'd like to dress it up as) would be the wrong thing to do.

The thread would be over by now if your fellow supporters also conceded that he did the wrong thing.

Well, don't act like a Hird fanboi and you won't be compared to one. You're in my face with all these unsupportable arguments and you expect me to do NOTHING?! COME ON I'LL AVE YA! RRRAAAARGH!!!!!

You've acted like a troll in the face of reasonable responses (you only need to read about 3 posts up for another one) and thus been treated like one.

Let's not pretend it's anything else.

I've lost count of the number of times I've countered your rubbish and you still come back with this jibberish. Seriously, card yourself.

When you stoop to this level, what chance has the thread ever got?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back