1. See 8 of the best Greyhounds in the country race for glory in the 2014 Sky Racing TOP GUN. Hit The Meadows to see all the action on Saturday Night October 25.

Alberton Footy League Pt 2

Discussion in 'Gippsland Footy' started by can bar, Jan 20, 2011.

Put it out there
  1. bombersfan51

bombersfan51 Rookie

Essendon
    Other teams:
    Maybe vinni maybe yeah I have had a few beers once with ya, u should come back to the club we could do with ya!! All the best at toora mate I hope u can help them out:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. dartstruth

dartstruth Draftee

St Kilda
    Other teams:
    just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the top 4 teams this year and who has hit a wall this year? my top 4 in order
    kilcundabass:eek:
    fish creek
    foster
    phillkip island
  3. bench boy

bench boy Senior List

Adelaide
    Other teams:
    My top 4

Killy bass still missing 4 of there better players if they can keep winning until they get them back gunna be hard to knock off

Fish creek signed some big names also have few to come back might start a little slow with new players fitting in big also gunna be hard to beat

Burra young and fit and alot of young tallent will win alot of games from just fitness and youth could be a massive threat

Foster still a great side lost a few big names but also picked up a few they no how to win the big games and have done for years excperienced list
  4. Young

Young Rookie

Collingwood
    Other teams:

Phillip Island won't make finals.

Early to tell but I think there are 3 groups, K/Bass at top clearly better than others, then next group anyone can beat anyone on their day, then bottom group who could pinch a couple from the middle group but are a bit below at full strength, and Toora def last

1. K/Bass

Middle group in order of best-worst at full strength

2. Fishy
    3. Korumburra
    4. Yarram
    5. Foster
    6. Dalyston
    7. MDU
    8. IK
    9. Phillip Island

Bottom group

10. Stony Creek
    11. Tarwin
    12. DWWWW

13. Toora clear last
  5. bombersfan51

bombersfan51 Rookie

Essendon
    Other teams:
    Toora with vinni proud on board will finish higher than stony, they have the worst coach in the history of stony creek at the helm, very bleak year for them
  6. The_Blue_Whale05

The_Blue_Whale05 Draftee

Western Bulldogs
    Other teams:
    I watched the I-K vs Burra game last weekend and I-K looked very very impressive. Few good ins to the team and the kids coming through look the goods, Daniel Kilpatrick back in the team will be a handful and Dylan Clark had the ball on a string!! If they keep up that form top 4 is not out of the question for them at all. Out ran and outplayed Burra. Should have been a much bigger win apart from Burra getting a few goals late in junk time
  7. short fuse

short fuse Senior List

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    Surely you cant be serious. Toora will not finish higher than Stony, Stony still have a reasonable team although they lack depth. Its pretty harsh to judge a coach one game into the season, and Im sure if you looked at Stony's history you will find they have had some very ordinary coaches over the years.
  8. bombersfan51

bombersfan51 Rookie

Essendon
    Other teams:
    Peter bolam was bad, bill prat was very bad,, Sam will be the same, very very bad,
  9. dartstruth

dartstruth Draftee

St Kilda
    Other teams:
    well i play for kilcunda bass and i think its going to be a good year ! 7 seinor players to come back from injury which will add to the strength and 6 or 7 under 18 players that are nocking on the door so depth is going to be the major strength this year i think ! we have fish creek this week any tips on there weakneses?
    :footy:
  10. tigero

tigero Draftee

Hawthorn
    Other teams:
    What have dalyston done to earn being that high? They were up and down last year didn't make finals last year and beat allies round 1 this year? I think inverloch and Mdu are very stiff to be below yarram and dalyston! Yarram is only up there by word of mouth sure they have some players back but they only beat allies by 40 and were beaten fairly easy by Burra.

My opinion:
    Bass
    Ik
    Burra
    Mdu
    Foster
    Fishy
    Dalyston
    Yarram
    Phillip island
    Tar win
    Stony creek
    Dwwww
    Toora
  11. Vincent Proud

Vincent Proud Account Cancelled by User

West Coast
    Other teams:
    Need to buy new hamstrings!!
    Don't know alot about the comp but one thing I do know is this....KB winning it last year and adding David Fevleki will be hard to beat. Played with Fev @ Pyramid Hill, he's a quality player and great bloke on the ales.

I thought IK moved the ball really quick against us (as most will) and were all on the same page. IK had 3qtrs with a 5/6gl breeze which didn't help our cause either!! Lance Oswald and number 5 kept running and used the ball well. IK had some big bodies in the middle, as in height.

To the poster that had us (Toora) stone motherless last, that's fine. But didn't IK just beat Burra and you have them finishing 4 places higher than IK. Bit perplexed with that part of your ladder. As I say tho, I'm not to familiar with the comp other than what mates tell me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12. Young

Young Rookie

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    Ok so I've probably underrated invy and overrated daly judging by yesterday. Heard bass had a few out yesterday, fishy definitely up and about, going to be a really close season
  13. dartstruth

dartstruth Draftee

St Kilda
    Other teams:
    i played yesterday if fishy only beat us by 3 goals trust me they will not make finals unless they improve big time ! but saying that same goes to us ,doesnt matter if we have players out we still should of given them a shalaking !
  14. rabble

rabble Senior List

Geelong
    Other teams:
    On pretty good terms with yourselves down there at bass are you ??? Fish creek can only beat whats put in front of them and obviously you guys were not good enough. To say fishy wont make the finals is a big call !! Calm down buddy ;)
  15. saint leo

saint leo Team Captain

Essendon
    Other teams:
    Plenty of injuries down at Bass, saving a bit of coin at the moment with 4-5 of there best players out.

Any talk around the league about K-Bena, K-Bass and Phillip Island leaving next year to join the EDFL next season?? I know the EDFL wants more teams to make 2 divisions and those 3 clubs were who they were after. Geographically is makes a lot of sense I think.
  16. Punt Road Feral

Punt Road Feral Team Captain

Richmond
    Other teams:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Surely you mean EFL (Eastern Footy League) rather than EDFL (Essendon District Footy League) in your post.

I couldn't see it happening, all the Melbourne clubs would complain about the travelling considering the furtherest they have to travel is 30 mins max atm :eek: lucky them ay
  17. muesli

muesli Team Captain

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Wantirna South (Eastern FL)
    He means Ellinbank District FL
  18. Punt Road Feral

Richmond
    Other teams:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Now look who looks like a goose :p

Sorry i'm more familiar with the Metro league's than the Gippy ones
  19. Pluggeroo

Pluggeroo Spec Moderator

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    Thats ok mate. Easy mistake to make.

Anyone know what is happening with young Josh Swift?

Kicked 8 for Yinnar on the weekend and seems to have put a clearance back into Yarram!!!
  20. saint leo

saint leo Team Captain

Essendon
    Other teams:
    Easy mistake to make if your looking in a Gippsland forum???
  21. Punt Road Feral

Richmond
    Other teams:
    Borussia Dortmund
    When the Alberton League is the only one im familiar with it is.
  22. Thierry Bugle

Thierry Bugle Rookie

Essendon
    Other teams:
    Yarram had a bye, looks like some of the players wanted to get a bit of touch. Saw a few players got cleared to North Gippy as well.

Imagine Yinnar would be pretty happy about his performance. Not sure if the opposition would have recognised the pasty, lanky unit hanging out in the forward line. Would get the best defender most weeks!
  23. bench boy

bench boy Senior List

Adelaide
    Other teams:
    Who cares where he go s Yarrum won't play finals
  24. bulldog019

bulldog019 Rookie

Essendon
    Other teams:
    Learn to spell yarram bench boy!!!
  25. bench boy

bench boy Senior List

Adelaide
    Other teams:
    I don't really care how you spell it the joints a dump.