Universal Love Alex Johnson

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wants to try for the 2nd part of the season, but there will be no rush

Would be latter part of the season in the NEAFL after so long out/Pre season for 2017.

I can't see him playing AFL next year. The Swans won't rush him and he has been so long out.

Would be latter part of the season in the NEAFL after so long out/Pre season for 2017.

I can't see him playing AFL next year. The Swans won't rush him and he has been so long out.
Yeah fairly obvious. You don't just slot back into seniors 3 yrs outta the game.

Will just be great to see him up & about again really. NEAFL, seniors, waterboy at his local under 21s... whatever. Just back fit & firing. :thumbsu:

The op will be on Monday week, the type still to be decided, but believe a Hybrid Lars is favoured. The doc will be under a fair bit of pressure to get it right

Can you have a word with them Bedford and ask them 'please not Monash!' as that place is so full of staf you could shovel it. Some years ago they had to close down the surgical unit it got so bad and it was then they discovered the resistant strain there.

The op went well, not exactly sure at this stage what sort. All I know is that he's in a lot of pain and im told that's a good sign !!

Given Malceski talked like you hop out of bed ready to run a half marathon the next day when you have a LARS, that would suggest he went down the traditional route, possible hybrid?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Luckless defender Alex Johnson was a welcome sight at training, walking without assistance just days after having a fourth knee reconstruction. Johnson, who hasn't played since being a key member of the Swans' 2012 premiership in their win over Hawthorn, had a hybrid LARS reconstruction last week."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-11-...ed-to-be-working-with-swans-powerful-midfield

Promising signs for Alex!

2016! Wow, sooner than I would have thought.

Like I've said before: wherever, whenever his first game back is I'm getting there for it. He's dedicated a huge amount to the club, the least I can do as a part of this and to repay his dedication is to dedicate myself to his return game. What a champion.
I don't think I could watch it. I remember his first game back when he re-did his knee I was listening to the live broadcast of the seniors are they we giving periodical reports. I just had this gut feeling that something was going to go wrong again with his knee.

2016! Wow, sooner than I would have thought.

Like I've said before: wherever, whenever his first game back is I'm getting there for it. He's dedicated a huge amount to the club, the least I can do as a part of this and to repay his dedication is to dedicate myself to his return game. What a champion.

You'd think that they'd surely bring him back for his first game at the SCG and nowhere else.

You'd think that they'd surely bring him back for his first game at the SCG and nowhere else.
I'm sure they'd bring him back when he's ready just like the cats did with Menzel. Just so long he can get back on the park, I'll be happy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back