Universal Love Alex Johnson

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm going to remain a believer...**** it someone has to and I'll put every last cent of my hard earned on it that this talented young kid will be believing too!

If he at least had a timeframe to look forward to but it just seems to be a mystery as to why it keeps happening.
I don't know much about knee recos but I I imagine having so many will make it weaker?

Really feel for poor Alex!

We got to see Menzel finally return for us this year & I was really hoping to see Johnson return for the Swans in 2016!

Not sure if there is another chance if they haven't tried something yet that might work I really hope so!

Really feel for poor Alex!

We got to see Menzel finally return for us this year & I was really hoping to see Johnson return for the Swans in 2016!

Not sure if there is another chance if they haven't tried something yet that might work I really hope so!

I think this could spell the end.

I hope like Egan though, he can get a coaching gig and have a career in football if he wants it. I am sure over the last 3 years, he would have been exposed to the coaching box.

I am so devastated!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Completely bizarre that every time a new ACL is introduced that his body rejects it by infecting the knee.

I hope he keeps trying because he's only 23 and still has a lot of time to come back and have an impact. However, I wouldn't begrudge him at all if he decided to give it away. No matter how you look at it we have undoubtedly missed his influence in defence the last 3 seasons.

When I saw the article pop up in my feed just then my heart just sank. Not because of the news itself but because of the lack of timeline given and the fact its a repeat of the infection.

Given how long he took to get over the last infection to just have this reconstruction it is so numbing to read and think about.

* * *:mad::(:cry:

AJ has spent a year attempting to rid himself of the infection that has blighted previous operations.
The fact that the knee appeared clear of infection, yet re-appeared so soon after his most recent surgery surely, sadly, signals the end of his football career.

Alex is 23 years old and has a lifetime, outside football, ahead of him.
To be honest at this stage I just hope that going forward Alex can have a fully functioning pain free knee.

Gutted for the kid.

AJ has spent a year attempting to rid himself of the infection that has blighted previous operations.
The fact that the knee appeared clear of infection, yet re-appeared so soon after his most recent surgery surely, sadly, signals the end of his football career.

Alex is 23 years old and has a lifetime, outside football, ahead of him.
To be honest at this stage I just hope that going forward Alex can have a fully functioning pain free knee.

These were my thoughts. Given they took an extremely cautious approach with his last reco, I doubt there's much more that can be done to ensure success. Just appears as though his body won't allow the reco.

I think this might be it for AJ sadly. If the surgery was successful but he happened to re-injure it, I'd back him to overcome it again, but this is just such an unknown that it'd take a monumental amount of determination to do it. However, if anyone knows about courage it's this kid.

Good luck with whatever you decide AJ.

Gutted for the kid.

I think everyone feels the same.

I know it's of little comfort, but I'm happy that he has the support network of our club.

*. This is hard for me to take in, I can't imagine what it's like for AJ. His team mates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back