Universal Love Alex Johnson

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hurting for poor AJ. Its 2015 surely someone in this big wide world of ours can fix this. Let's just hope the club moves heaven and earth to give the young man another chance. The hard part is they may have already done so. He is such a talent. Reminds me of a young LRT.

R$&@!/$,?'js. Poor AJ. I'm afraid to say that I think that's the end. Such a shame. He's a great kid from a great family. I'm sure that he would have been one of the elite defenders in the AFL. Unfortunately these things happen from time to time and there comes a point when you need to admit defeat.

Horrible news and must be a terrible time for him personally. At least he knows that whatever he decides, he will have the full support of his teammates, the club and all of the Swans supporters. And if this really is the end of his AFL career (hopefully not), he can go out on top after winning a famous premiership victory in his last ever game. That's surely gotta be a fairly exclusive club to be in!

Is it the same infection that they have been battling for years, or is this just a minor post-op infection that isn't too uncommon?

Infection in the knee after a reco is fairly uncommon. I assume from the article it would be a reoccurrence of the issue that he has been fighting.

Infection in the knee after a reco is fairly uncommon. I assume from the article it would be a reoccurrence of the issue that he has been fighting.
However infections post any orthopaedic surgery are the biggest issue to confront a patient and it is looking like AJ is more suseptable than others to these...the news sux and the prognosis seems dire atm, lets hope at 23 time is still on his side, I just hope we are setting him up well for life without football. I am optimistic enough to still think we will see him in red and white again. All the best AJ....

Damn it. :(

What's the story with infections like this. Are we talking superbugs with antibiotic resistance, or is it just really hard to clear infections from that area of the body?

This news has ruined my weekend.

I'm feeling pretty gutted for the young bloke.

If, through some miracle, he makes it back on the ground for us we should erect a statue at the SCG for him. Talk about commitment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're a bit late there mate!

You might like to look at posting date there Mick.

I nearly cried when I read the article. LARS is prone to infection and rejection after the first surgery. Hybrid LARS less so but there is still a risk. Traditional surgery is recommended if the first op fails in most cases but Hybrid LARS is also an option. Unfortunately Hybrid LARS is riskier than the traditional surgery. The infection, according to the articles comes from the incisions. I read an article in a medical journal about the different procedures.

So peeved it did not go well for him poor AJ. He has battled so hard it would be tragic for it to all end here. I hope it is just an post op infection that settles but the article intimated it was more. The gods of luck need to smile on this lad a bit more I think.

Last edited:
2016! Wow, sooner than I would have thought.

Like I've said before: wherever, whenever his first game back is I'm getting there for it. He's dedicated a huge amount to the club, the least I can do as a part of this and to repay his dedication is to dedicate myself to his return game. What a champion.
Wherever, whenever his first game back is I'm getting there for it. Swans, NEAFL, club, suburban... He deserves dedication like that. He's shown it to our club and us as fans, the least we can do is pay it back in kind.

I hope this isn't the end. He's still so young and has so much skill to still use up. To think the poor bloke might not even make the 50 game milestone would be heartbreaking. He deserves so much more for his dedication and commitment. I'm just so sad but also so very pissed off. Life isn't fair a lot of the time and his response to this adversity has proven his courage. I'd understand if he didn't have much left to go again... I reckon he does though. He's a bloody champion as far as I'm concerned, either way.

WTFDWFT !

I agree it's too early to make such statements about AJ's future but if they can't get rid of the infection after multiple operations it's a very real possibility unfortunately.

You might like to look at posting date there Mick.

I nearly cried when I read the article. LARS is prone to infection and rejection after the first surgery. Hybrid LARS less so but there is still a risk. Traditional surgery is recommended if the first op fails in most cases but Hybrid LARS is also an option. Unfortunately Hybrid LARS is riskier than the traditional surgery. The infection, according to the articles comes from the incisions. I read an article in a medical journal about the different procedures.

So peeved it did not go well for him poor AJ. He has battled so hard it would be tragic for it to all end here. I hope it is just an post op infection that settles but the article intimated it was more. The gods of luck need to smile on this lad a bit more I think.

I looked! You posted on the 18th of November, he had his surgery on the 16th of November so unless you count the days of each month backward then you're late!

Poor bugger. Football or not, I really worry for his quality of life now. If his body keeps rejecting the reco then what hope for a fully functioning knee for the rest of his life?

Shattered for AJ. I hope he's OK. Watching him run out in 2016 was going to be the highlight of the year for me. If he decides he can't keep doing this then surely we can keep him on or train him up as an assistant coach. Just a reminder again of what these guys put themselves through to chase a ball around for our entertained. Humbled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back