Alex Keath - Switching back to Aussie Rules?

Remove this Banner Ad

Neither was Blicavs, thats why he is playing footy.

Well, he at least had some sort of elite athletic gift or point of difference to offset his lack of bulk. It's unknown whether Keath has that. Right now he's just a tall, skinny cricketer who hasn't played footy in 4-5 years.

Well, he at least had some sort of elite athletic gift or point of difference to offset his lack of bulk. It's unknown whether Keath has that. Right now he's just a tall, skinny cricketer who hasn't played footy in 4-5 years.

Blicavs was about as far away from the Olympics as Keath is from playing for Australia in cricket. Blicavs hadn't played footy in 10 years.

Blicavs was about as far away from the Olympics as Keath is from playing for Australia in cricket. Blicavs hadn't played footy in 10 years.

As I said though, Blicavs had an elite (compared to footballers) weapon to hang his hat on. We don't know if Keath has that.

Offer him a Cat B rookie spot, wouldn't be bad for KPP depth, even as a third tall. Obviously has the talent being taken by GC, couldn't be any worse than any of the blokes on The Recruit

Plenty of players have moved states and become good players.

Keath won't because he's a bits and pieces player.

The fact is, after four or five years he hasn't shown anything or warranted games for Victoria.

Other states have plenty of not up to it players of their own.

Keath won't because he's a bits and pieces player.

The fact is, after four or five years he hasn't shown anything or warranted games for Victoria.

Other states have plenty of not up to it players of their own.
Could have said the same thing about David Hussey 15 years ago

Could have said the same thing about David Hussey 15 years ago

Possibly.

But we can already rule out three shield teams - NSW, VIC and WA.

And from what he has actually shown I can't see the other three shield sides chasing him.

He'd have to have a very, very good grade season next year

The top cricketers make more but there's a lot less jobs out there.

Compare what the 100th best cricketer in Aus makes compared to the 100th best footy.

I doubt anyone actually decides these things based on money.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back