bruzaar62

Club Legend
Dec 5, 2009
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Aston Villa
I thought Alex was out of position a few times tonight and needed to peel off his man a bit more but overall his progress has been fantastic,its a real bonus getting these games into him now

manpurple

Club Legend
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yep, a word of congratulations must go out to the draft team from 2013/14 a very nice pickup with #37 in a compromised draft. Of course I was hoping for a KPF at the time so some humble pie is quietly being eaten in a corner.

nurries

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2003
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo
Yep, a word of congratulations must go out to the draft team from 2013/14 a very nice pickup with #37 in a compromised draft. Of course I was hoping for a KPF at the time so some humble pie is quietly being eaten in a corner.
He may end up a forward anyway. Reads the play well, great mover and massive tanks

StKing11

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2015
Tasmania
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United, LeBron James
Sorry to jump in here..

Three years ago I played coastal U19's footy against Alex, who was playing for Ulverstone down here in Tassie. He played CHF and absolutely tore us to shreds and I thought to myself "Who the hell is this guy and how is he not playing seniors?!" I'm pretty sure the next week he was in the 1's and we didn't have to play 19's against him again, thank god!!

The next season he went and played for Devonport in the Tasmanian State League (our version of the WAFL, VFL, etc), made the state U18's side, and was drafted to the AFL 18 months after playing U19's footy against a plodder like me. o_O

Anyway it's great to see him getting games and playing an important role for the best side in the comp this early in his career (not exactly something that Ross is known for doing). ;)

jusjoshin

Club Legend
Oct 22, 2008
Gosnells
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers, East Side Hawks
Sorry to jump in here..

Three years ago I played coastal U19's footy against Alex, who was playing for Ulverstone down here in Tassie. He played CHF and absolutely tore us to shreds and I thought to myself "Who the hell is this guy and how is he not playing seniors?!" I'm pretty sure the next week he was in the 1's and we didn't have to play 19's against him again, thank god!!

The next season he went and played for Devonport in the Tasmanian State League (our version of the WAFL, VFL, etc), made the state U18's side, and was drafted to the AFL 18 months after playing U19's footy against a plodder like me. o_O

Anyway it's great to see him getting games and playing an important role for the best side in the comp this early in his career (not exactly something that Ross is known for doing). ;)

Nice to hear he can play forward.

couldhavebeen

Premiership Player
Jun 6, 2012
success
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth lyncs
It seems to me that we should be doing to Alex the same as development as the Club did with Pavlich . Develop him in the backline and then throw him up forward when Dawson and Johnson are available .This make sense when you consider the benefit Pavlich got from understanding how AFL backmen play the game and then he can use that knowledge when playing at CHF or Full Forward but as others have stated he needs to get more strength into his body first . Right now we need him down back .

UFO Tatsu

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 11, 2012
Perth, WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Sorry to jump in here..

Are you taller than 195? Might have a spot for ya

Sweetback

Cancelled
Dec 23, 2014
Pearce could make a terrific forward as has been noted. My heart sings with joy partly because of his skill, heart and willingness to take the game on but most of all because he looks to have natural footy smarts and decision making ability. Has all the physical attributes but you can't teach the other stuff.
He has the physical attributes of a Cameron, McCarthy or Gunston. I'd love to see if he can kick a goal.

Back