Alex Rance is our most consistent and most important player.

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought he and Chaplin were awesome!!!
This.
Rance has be on the road to elite for a few years now but now is showing pure class week after week. He was everywhere yesterday and every possession was significant and vital. Chaplin stood tall and really caused Sydney trouble. Our defense looks solid, should be a super stoush with Port!
Go Tigers!!

I've been a long time Rance fan but going to the Crows game a few weeks back just reiterated how important he is. Absolute star and busts his butt time and time again. Chappy to for our structure is immense.

Bump!

What an unbelievable effort last night.

Also, great fact.

Has conceded 11 goals in the past 9 weeks against Jay Schulz, Nick Riewoldt (x2), Josh Kennedy, Taylor Walker, Kurt Tippett, Joe Daniher & Jon Patton.

In my view, he's gotten us there (finals) and must be all australian 22.

Rance was great and i thought Batchelor was good yesterday too...our back line is one of the best and is solid and maturing well..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best defender in the league. I'm sure there will be stats to back this up, but he is rarely beaten in the air or on the ground. He stood up yesterday after cramping and literally repelled every forward move by Swans. No wonder buddy didn't play. Just ask Tippett how hard Rance plays. Our entire backline works well with Rance in the side. Best player in the side ? Close - hard to say. We ARE a finals team WITH Rance in the side. Opposition coaches need to work on negating his influence. They just can't do anything. Isolate him ? He is better "one on one".. An enigma. A defender that is going to close down the opposition's best forward every week.

I actually didn't know how he was not in the squad. He defitnely should make the squad and the team this year, he will probably be our only one that makes it. Number one on one player and provides good run. Thank god he did not move to the hawks!

He’s played 17 games which should be enough. He played Round 1, missed five games because of injury (he fell off a bike, fracturing a foot) and returned for Round 7.

Since then he has been ranked No. 1 for intercept possessions with 132, 12 ahead of the next best, teammate Troy Chaplin. He’s also ranked No. 1 for intercept marks in the same period.

He is a one-on-one beast, winning 41 per cent of the contests. The league average is 29 per cent.

Crucial, too, is the fact he’s given up just 23 goals in 17 games, with four of them coming via Franklin in Round 14.
http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/af...iel-giansiracusa/story-fnp04gxa-1227042962743

Thought the really interesting part there is the next highest on intercept marks is Troy Chaplin.

I just love him.
His contested work, intercepts, body as a battering ram, ground work, attacking runs, organising skills, etc. etc.
Even when he loses a contest he'll still make the bastard earn it and remind him that there are no easy gets when you play Richmond.
He's a freak and a champion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back