Player Watch #18: Alex Rance

Remove this Banner Ad

Did anyone read some of the other threads on that Jehovahs website?
I thought it was going to be all love for JW, but most of it is criticism. Plenty of members referring to it as a cult.
With all the kids on there calling it out, I find it odd that someone like Rance would join them. :eek:

It seems to be a site were former members go to have some degree of contact unofficially with other ex members and others confidentially still in the church (one of the big issues is I believe you are banned from socializing with apostates)

If he intends leaving..and this story is true (which I highly doubt) then Mr Rance should.come clean and let the club know so we can all move on and get games into a player that wants to play the game at our club
Works both ways.Why doesn't the club half way through a season tell player X that they intend to delist him at the end of the year?

This is a guy who cannot be baptized during that entire time, which is a big deal in that church. It means he cannot be a proper member of the church, and his communion with God is incomplete. It means he won't be happy.

No if he wants to leave because of that, it obviously means he will be miserable.

From your post, I take it even if he's miserable, it's stiff s**t?

What is it with you and warping an opposing point of view to the extreme? You've consistently failed to comprehend my posts, even failing to comprehend pure numbers.

Me: "It's 28 or younger"

You: "So it's 29 or 29?"

Me: "If he's unhappy it's a different story"

You: "I take it even if he's miserable, it's stiff s**t?"

Please take much greater care when reading and comprehending other people's posts. You're attributing some pretty nasty assumptions to my posts which directly contradict what I'm actually typing. Please stop trying to make it say what you want it to say in order to make your view correct.

Works both ways.Why doesn't the club half way through a season tell player X that they intend to delist him at the end of the year?

They usually do (these days). Players are very much aware of what they need to do to meet performance criteria and get a new contract.

What is it with you and warping an opposing point of view to the extreme? You've consistently failed to comprehend my posts, even failing to comprehend pure numbers.

Me: "It's 28 or younger"

You: "So it's 29 or 29?"

Me: "If he's unhappy it's a different story"

You: "I take it even if he's miserable, it's stiff s**t?"

Please take much greater care when reading and comprehending other people's posts. You're attributingP some pretty nasty assumptions to my posts which directly contradict what I'm actually typing. Please stop trying to make it say what you want it to say in order to make your view correct.

On the first you said you needed 3-4 good years out of him, only later clarifying it includes last year (which was odd given we are talking about what more he has to do to leave with your permission)

You said for the second you put "unhappy or fears for his health due to medical reasons" so that second part (major health issue) would equate a similar level for the former (ie depression)

I've called you out because ou keep using soft terms to make your position appear minimized, when the reality is the opposite, you expect him to lock him into this club for a decade, with no security, and with almost complete disregard for his own external life situation, THat is precisely what treating someone like a piece of meat is. You only see him as an aa key part of our back line, not as an individual who has the right to make his own life choices, even if they conflict with what you would want.

Do you agree if he's agonizing over not being baptized, he is unhappy? And if he leaves because he wants to be baptized, he's doing that because he won't be happy unless he's baptized?

As such, are you willing to throw out his five year slave plan if he leaves for baptism?

Also on your "he must commit for five years", if that's your view wouldn't the fair thing to have done from a club perspective been to offer him a seven year deal last contract? It seems unfair that the clu has the flexibility to sack him every couple of years, but he's a dog if he leaves before 28

On the first you said you needed 3-4 good years out of him, only later clarifying it includes last year (which was odd given we are talking about what more he has to do to leave with your permission)

You said for the second you put "unhappy or fears for his health due to medical reasons" so that second part (major health issue) would equate a similar level for the former (ie depression)

I've called you out because ou keep using soft terms to make your position appear minimized, when the reality is the opposite, you expect him to lock him into this club for a decade, with no security, and with almost complete disregard for his own external life situation, THat is precisely what treating someone like a piece of meat is. You only see him as an aa key part of our back line, not as an individual who has the right to make his own life choices, even if they conflict with what you would want.

Do you agree if he's agonizing over not being baptized, he is unhappy? And if he leaves because he wants to be baptized, he's doing that because he won't be happy unless he's baptized?

As such, are you willing to throw out his five year slave plan if he leaves for baptism?

Also on your "he must commit for five years", if that's your view wouldn't the fair thing to have done from a club perspective been to offer him a seven year deal last contract? It seems unfair that the clu has the flexibility to sack him every couple of years, but he's a dog if he leaves before 28

"Five year slave plan"?

Yeah, move along. You're not worth my time.

Also on your "he must commit for five years", if that's your view wouldn't the...

Nope, not my view at all as I believe I have clearly explained to you. Twice.
Ps. As Rumballs said, you don't appear to grasp a nuanced argument.

Last edited:
Nope, not my view at all as I believe I have clearly explained to you. Twice.
Ps. As Rumballs said, you don't appear to grasp a nuanced argument.

What's nuanced about "he can't leave till he gives us 4-5 good years"?

Your view is the extreme, you believe a player with no contract has no right to leave. My point is simple, if you don't want him to leave until he's 28 you should have given him a long term contract back then until he is

What's nuanced about "he can't leave till he gives us 4-5 good years"?

Your view is the extreme, you believe a player with no contract has no right to leave. My point is simple, if you don't want him to leave until he's 28 you should have given him a long term contract back then until he is

LOL.

What's nuanced about it?! I typed 300-400 words clarifying it! (and you've even exaggerated the numbers I typed, again!)

No wonder you can't comprehend my posts. Please take your 'my point is simple' argument obsession elsewhere.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will let him tap my wife too

bodybuilder.jpg

Her muscles ate her boobs.

Sent from my brain using ESP.

Probably time to stop talking about religion as it is irrelevant. He either signs with us, goes to another team or stops playing altogether for whatever reason. That reason could be he's sick of his hair not looking perfect but at the end of the day everyone has to respect that decision, even if they don't like it.

If you want to talk about Religion the SRP board is over here:
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/forums/society-religion-and-politics.46/

Don't you reckon the club sits down with underperforming players and say...Dusty, you are likely to be delisted at seasons end. What we need from you is xyz...its up to you mate...magically for some, they pull their digit out of their arses and hopefully save their AFL career

im seeing this from this from the clubs perspective...if Rance wants to leave...hasta la vista ...thanks for your work up to this point..Todd Elton lets chuck you in the back half for the rest of the season mate

Last edited:
I don't know about point 2. As a restricted free agent all we need to do is MATCH an offer from a rival club and we get to keep him. We just need to have enough room in the cap to be able to match it.
When it comes to God......how do we match that.( other than crucifying a player........like only spit balling but say Hampson)

In saying that I think it is good signs to re-sign him
Rance is not a RFA, he is a UFA which means we cant match an offer.

Did anyone read some of the other threads on that Jehovahs website?
I thought it was going to be all love for JW, but most of it is criticism. Plenty of members referring to it as a cult.
With all the kids on there calling it out, I find it odd that someone like Rance would join them. :eek:
Rance just has to be comfortable with not getting baptised until his career is finished and if he can do this, he will sign with us. If he cant then he may walk.

Rance just has to be comfortable with not getting baptised until his career is finished and if he can do this, he will sign with us. If he cant then he may walk.

He can be a JW for 70 years. a Tiger for another 5 ;) God will understand

im seeing this from this from the clubs perspective...if Rance wants to leave...hasta la vista ...thanks for your work up to this point..Todd Elton lets chuck you in the back half for the rest of the season mate
Depends if we are still a finals chance when its announced.(Not that i think he'll retire mind you)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back