Player Watch #18: Alex Rance

No can do, signed a 5 year contract, much like Rance had better do soon ;)

5 year contracts. You're Richmond through and through, aren't you? :p

No can do, signed a 5 year contract, much like Rance had better do soon ;)

And knowing our clubs track record the last couple of years, Rance will sign...... a 2 year deal. As seems the norm with us at the moment.

Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Feel free to read the thread for the answer yourself :)
I read the last 5 or so pages and thats what ive taken from it plus the sabbatical reference now which im assuming relates to his religion.

I feel for you guys, just as he was entering his prime it seems like he could just walk away from the game and club. Id hate that to happen at my club especially to such an important player, would be like a Hurley leaving right now.

May 22, 2014
Punt Rd to Goodison Park
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton
I read the last 5 or so pages and thats what ive taken from it plus the sabbatical reference now which im assuming relates to his religion.

I feel for you guys, just as he was entering his prime it seems like he could just walk away from the game and club. Id hate that to happen at my club especially to such an important player, would be like a Hurley leaving right now.
Rance>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Gurley. Not even close, Hurley's a dud.

theflea

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 16, 2010
victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
He could leave at the end of the year as a Unrestricted Free Agent and the Compo wouldn't be great. Unless he is off to do God's work (and by that I mean stay at the RFC), I wouldn't expect the Club to get much more than a 2nd round pick for him. Even in a trade, who's going to trade when you can just have him.
Not the way it works, as compo is made up of his wage and nothing to do with being a UFA. This status just means we cant match any offer.

Rance leaves via FA, helps us get Shiel, and still keep a First rounder. We then get in Daniel Talia's ear, and propose a trade with Adelaide this season for Talia, and say that they take what we offer them, or we would look at getting him next season.

Jan 3, 2005
At Home
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
L.A. Kings, Oakland Raiders
Not the way it works, as compo is made up of his wage and nothing to do with being a UFA. This status just means we cant match any offer.
Understood the restricted and unrestricted wouldn't play a part in the compo. I was just under the impression that there were more qualifiers to the compo pick beyond the contract the player took at the new club.

Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Dude if you had of put Carlisle in instead I wouldn't have even replied but you just had to put that over-rated hack in there instead :D
lol i dont want to derail this thread, but Hurley is a much better player than Carlisle and if you visited the bombers page youd see that to be the case by most supporters. Hes a better defender and forward.

theflea

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 16, 2010
victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Understood the restricted and unrestricted wouldn't play a part in the compo. I was just under the impression that there were more qualifiers to the compo pick beyond the contract the player took at the new club.
No probs, but it essentially is on the new contract offer plus a little on age and draft rating(ie pick 1). But it is mostly on wages and if Frawley will get tier 1 on 600k p.a, so would Rance easy.

BC9_

Yellow & Black ???
Jan 31, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Now we are losing our CEO to the Vatican :drunk:

image.jpg

:cry::cry::cry:

Back