Player Watch #18: Alex Rance

Remove this Banner Ad

I liked how he got peed of about clubs going after players and the afl has to stop it and his ceo is on radio saying how we are after Motlop i mean what's the difference. As i don't rate dh apart from that i thought he handled this presser more honestly than any i have seen before. Come on dh coach like you did last week and you just might turn me over :)
Hoping you meant win me over,
anigif_enhanced-21149-1404228685-16.gif

If we really do land a big fish in free agency this year then we probably won't get any compensation for losing Rance as the AFL consider who comes in and who goes when working out compo. On this basis, if he's going to leave then I hope he retires.
This is why you come to an arrangement with the other club an offer a token pick 100 thus saving your compo, more so if the other club is not picking up anyone through FA.

Well sorry Mr Gale, but Motlop does not suit our team.

If you bring him in thats your option but getting Motlop would be one of the dumbest moves yet and a bend over action for Geelong to really tear us a new one off-field this type!!

Embarrassing talking about Motlop tbh:$:$:$

How about we get a decent proper midfield and structure before we get fancy and flirt with fom about finishers?:cool:

I suppose Motlop after Hampson and Chaplin should stimulate mass sackings from consistent incompetence
2 things:
1st, when o when will tapatalk catch up and enable the ignore function on mobile devices.
2. As if it wasn't already clear that you have nfi, you've just proved it beyond a doubt. Motlop is an absolute jet. Silk and is exactly what we need, at the right age and probably a price that wouldn't ruffle too many feathers.
Thank God you are nowhere near our recruiting department.

It seems like that, but it was intended for lower clubs who lose top players to be compensated more. This is by design.
I know the answer to this but how about a common sense approach to FA compensation?
I mean if the AFL can make a decision on what draft picks the Suns and GWS got when coming into the comp,Surely they can decide on what a player is worth draft pick wise?

Rance hasn't played a good game since round 3, value has declined rapidly! Expect him to turn things around tonight.

Well the way this is shaping it looks like we will probably lose Alex Rance temporarily.

Assuming he takes a 5 year deal to Brisbane what should we do?

Alex Keith option, Daniel Talia FA option, Weitering???

I am interested in all although the Keath one is more a wildcard atm.

What should we give Brisbane for Alex after 5 years up there when we commence premiership mode?

Well the way this is shaping it looks like we will probably lose Alex Rance temporarily.

Assuming he takes a 5 year deal to Brisbane what should we do?

Alex Keith option, Daniel Talia FA option, Weitering???

I am interested in all although the Keath one is more a wildcard atm.

What should we give Brisbane for Alex after 5 years up there when we commence premiership mode?
:eek:o_O:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know the answer to this but how about a common sense approach to FA compensation?
I mean if the AFL can make a decision on what draft picks the Suns and GWS got when coming into the comp,Surely they can decide on what a player is worth draft pick wise?
I would think its because they wanted a more rigid system, with less debate on player worth from HQ.

It seems like that, but it was intended for lower clubs who lose top players to be compensated more. This is by design.
And that design was wrong. I think a few things need to change in FA and compensation is one. Make it simple with zero compo for a player that leaves after x years. Maybe look at the number of years or something but the compo is flawed and should go.

And that design was wrong. I think a few things need to change in FA and compensation is one. Make it simple with zero compo for a player that leaves after x years. Maybe look at the number of years or something but the compo is flawed and should go.

how about adapt and perform in regard to decision making regarding list management?

Sometimes it's out of the clubs hands and the player wants to go. Should the club compensated? I don't think so.
Think we got caught out with Rance's improving form between contracts. We wouldn't be in this position otherwise. Think we have ourselves to blame that we didn't jump in mid contract and offer him more with an extension. Sort of talks about taking the guy for granted.

Think we got caught out with Rance's improving form between contracts. We wouldn't be in this position otherwise. Think we have ourselves to blame that we didn't jump in mid contract and offer him more with an extension. Sort of talks about taking the guy for granted.
Yeah agree, we have managed to sign up Jack, Martin, Cotch and perhaps just thought Rance would be automatic? The club will hopefully learn from this with an improving group.

Yeah agree, we have managed to sign up Jack, Martin, Cotch and perhaps just thought Rance would be automatic? The club will hopefully learn from this with an improving group.
Shutting the barn door after the horse has bolted just doesn't make me happy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back