Alex silvagni

Remove this Banner Ad

As bad and as intentional and thug like Vickery's was there is still one more difference. His was in the proximity of the ball. Will that add a week for Silvagni?

That difference is erroneous as it isn't considered anymore in the matrix of offences.

If Silvagni gets less or equal to Vickery, I give up. Vickery's was in proximity of the ball and in the ruck contest as they jostled for position. Silvagni's was 70 meters of the ball. Much more thuggish in my opinion.

sedders

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 26, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Yes - it doesn't need to infer a planned, premeditated act. So he's saying he didn't mean to do it but is happy for the instinctive act to be deemed intentional for the purposes of assisting the tribunal make its judgement. Can't believe I really needed to spell that out!
he's confusing the tribunal by saying he deliberately doing it and then saying he didnt.

like pleading guilty to murder but saying it was an accident or in self defence.

it defies logic.

if he didnt mean it he should have argued down the intentional, but he didnt want to give up the early pleas discount, he's then trying to argue down the penalty by arguing he didnt mean it.

Tsongkie

Senior List
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
2i22yye.png

4 weeks is insufficient.
3 weeks is a joke.

SHill Shall

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
he's confusing the tribunal by saying he deliberately doing it and then saying he didnt.

like pleading guilty to murder but saying it was an accident or in self defence.

it defies logic.

if he didnt mean it he should have argued down the intentional, but he didnt want to give up the early pleas discount, he's then trying to argue down the penalty by arguing he didnt mean it.

Bravo - so it all makes sense to you after all.

benfica

Club Legend
Aug 5, 2011
woodgreen
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
tottenham
If Silvagni gets less or equal to Vickery, I give up. Vickery's was in proximity of the ball and in the ruck contest as they jostled for position. Silvagni's was 70 meters of the ball. Much more thuggish in my opinion.
more thuggish than conca's run and chase hit from behind on smith bet you werent bitching when that was given out

more thuggish than conca's run and chase hit from behind on smith bet you werent bitching when that was given out

I am on record as saying Conca deserved more than Vickery for his hit. Absolutely disgraceful. Nice deflection, though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sedders

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 26, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
7:00pm: Silvagni handed four weeks. Right inbetween the recommended penalties from both parties. Chris Masten's case to follow shortly.

Seadog

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2004
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, West Ham
Fractured and broken mean the same thing. Broken is just the layman's term.
Broken jaw, and i do have some experience in this area is when the jawbone snaps, more often than not in 2 places. Fracture is a crack where the bone doesn't separate.

Hardhat11

Premiership Player
Jun 19, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
7:00pm: Silvagni handed four weeks. Right inbetween the recommended penalties from both parties. Chris Masten's case to follow shortly.

4 weeks

Omfg and you wonder why we have one punch deaths in our communities

What Silvagni did was assault on the football field

If you did what he did in the street you be facing assault charges ...assault causing grievous bodily harm

The afl needs to understand violence on the footy field is not acceptable

People are calling for careers to be ended as in one strike for drug offences in the AFL FOR PLAYERS .......yet you can assault someone and get four weeks

I would overhaul the tribunal. Here is my suggestion ....bring it into line what's acceptable and unacceptable in the community. Also I would like to see payback rule introduced ....for any offence over three weeks .....

Next time west coast play freo .....freo plays with one less player ......so the team is punished. At the moment there is no penalty for the team. He gets replaced immediately and potentially by a better player.

If there s team penalty bought we would see a lot less king hits ......this was a king hit and freo have got away with no penalty ...as he will be replaced

Back