Remove this Banner Ad

Lol
Fabregas > Rakitic
Di Maria > James
Keep walking dickhead
Di Maria > James Lol

Prime Di Maria after 17 games: 3 goals 5 assists
Young James after 17 games: 6 goals 7 assists

Fabregas is better than Rakitic though. I'm very happy it didn't work out for him and Sanchez at Barca.

Last edited:
By no means am I trying to start a s**t fight, merely just saying that if you dalve a little closer into his stats buried under the highlight reel you see a few cracks.
A very good player, but I just can't rate a player at the top unless they can perform against the top teams.

People can dismiss him all they want, that's fine, but league football has always been about putting the shitter sides away, that's the fundamental element of a very good side. People cannot dismiss that aspect

People keep forgetting this.

It's not the games against the top 4 that will win you the title, its the consistency against the other 16.

Di Maria > James Lol

Prime Di Maria after 17 games: 3 goals 5 assists
Young James after 17 games: 6 goals 7 assists

Fabregas is better than Rakitic though. I'm very happy it didn't work out for him and Sanchez at Barca.

Isn't James playing as a number 10?

Chelsea showed that last season.

And Arsenal I think didn't win a game against the top 5 last year yet still only finished 7 points behind First.

If we had have beaten Villa (1-3 loss) and Stoke (1-0 loss) and beaten either Swansea, Southampton, West Brom or Man United which were all draws we would have won the league.

Suarez is overrated, as I said in the gunners thread. What's his numbers against arsenal, Chelsea, man u, man city particularly last season? Good player and can do some exquisite things on the pitch. But for mine he is a bit of flat track bully who struggles to perform in big games.

In his time at Liverpool he scored against all four of those clubs. Just because he didn't score many against the big teams last season doesn't mean he didn't perform. He scored gainst United last season, got 2 assists v Arsenal and 2 assists v Man City.

This "flat track bully" thing that people run with is a complete fallacy.

I still remember Suarez absolutely destroying that Man United side that I think nearly won the league or did win it, laid 3 goals for Kuyt that could've been his

And one other game in Old Trafford that he was ripping them apart and Ferguson had to put Jones on to man mark him

I could remember two games where he really stunk the place out against top sides and that was the last two games against City and Chelsea at Anfield, seems like the narrative grew stronger from there

He basically has a 50 percent rate of scoring. He has some unbelievable games, but consistent isn't a word I would associate with him.
Beating the sides below you will only get you so far. It might get you top 4 (see arsenal), but that philosophy sure as hell won't get you a title.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is a difference between teams performing well against top teams and players performing well against top teams.

The Premier League is a squad competition, you don't win it with 11 players. The best teams hold their own with the teams at the top and consistently beat the teams below them. There is no point pounding the Burnleys and Sunderlands if you go to water against the Citys and Chelseas, and there's also no point in beating the Citys and Chelseas if you consistently drop points against also-rans. You want your squad to be strong enough to keep banking points and you want your top players to step up when a title-affecting 6 pointer comes around.

Liverpool would have won the league if they didn't slip up against Chelsea. But Suarez was busy not scoring in 15 games out of 33. Apparently Sturridge's goals earned more points for Liverpool than Suarez's.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...idge-earned-points-Liverpool-Luis-Suarez.html

But I guess its important to score alot of goals in those big wins against Cardiff and Norwich.
What about Suarez's 13 assists (second in the Premier League) in comparison to Sturridge's 7? Oh and his incredible work rate and link up play? Did you just conveniently forget to mention all of them or do you just read Daily Mail articles and make judgements based on tripe journalism?

And Arsenal I think didn't win a game against the top 5 last year yet still only finished 7 points behind First.

If we had have beaten Villa (1-3 loss) and Stoke (1-0 loss) and beaten either Swansea, Southampton, West Brom or Man United which were all draws we would have won the league.

Wow, we owned the mid-table/bottom half teams last season.

This season, we've already dropped pts against Leicester, Hull and Tottenham. *.

Suarez is overrated, as I said in the gunners thread. What's his numbers against arsenal, Chelsea, man u, man city particularly last season? Good player and can do some exquisite things on the pitch. But for mine he is a bit of flat track bully who struggles to perform in big games.

Kun is clearly the best followed by hazard and I base it largely on being the most consistent at a high level against all opposition.
Sanchez IMO is very quickly closing the gap on hazard.
Username to post ratio high.

**** off troll, you were saying Balotelli would replace Sturridge before long when he first signed for us, don't pretend that you think Sturridge is good now

Should not be allowed to post
Yeah Sturridge is going really well this season.

I think its time for your nap. Wouldn't want another Cooldude nervous breakdown.

Love watching Sanchez play. EPL looking so much better with all these superstars coming in. It's great for the league.

FWIW when Falcao goes bang he'll be in the top five or sitting sixth.
Just IMO Costa is better and is terribly unlucky to not be top 5.

Its very difficult to split the top 5-6 players. And becomes very subjective. It depends on your definition of "best".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back