Alistair Nicholson

Remove this Banner Ad

No, didn't see that coming either.

Will be interesting to see how he goes.... Action Jackson replacement whenever he decides to move on? (Hopefully not for quite a while).

Really, an executive role at the ACA is just a mere audition when compared to the pinnacle of sporting administration in this country - MFC management.

Fun fact: there was (is?) a newsreader/reporter in Tasmania called Alister Nicholson

Always had a chuckle* when he came on the telly

*well, I didn't really. I more did a kind of 'oh he's got the same name as a Melbourne player' kind of noise (you know the one)
Kinda like The Age reporter Jesse Hogan, the Melbourne supporter.

I can't quite figure out who made me panic more with ball in hand; Al Nicho or Tom McDonald. At least by the end of his career Nicho would only kick as a last resort. Even a handpass to a teammate under pressure was a better option than Nicho disposing by foot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might be the case with Tommy Mac for the next decade.
McDonald is already better than Jack ever was. He was more of a Sellar or Warnock type - honest but very limited.

Can't remember who we were playing (maybe Dogs?) but we were conceding goals for fun every time Nicho was pinch-hitting in the ruck (to give White a rest).

Eventually got to the stage when the loudest cheers of the game were when Nicho came from the ground.

Honestly think if you took Nicholson out of the side and replaced him with Frawley we would have gone very close to a premiership. The amount of goals he leaked was extraordinary.

I liked Nicholson, good old school type defender- nothing fancy about it.

My only gripe was how bad his acting was when trying to get the ball over the boundary line intentionally while trying to make it look incidental. So awkward but also pretty funny (at times).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back