All-Australian Team 2014....

Remove this Banner Ad

I wish all the All-Australian selectors would actually watch every single game of the Home and Away season. Is that too much to ask? To do what you are being paid to do? I've heard some of the Victorian selectors actually state many time over the years that they don't even watch the majority of our games(or the other interstate teams). The AA Team really ought to have no credibility whatsover.

I'd be surprised if the average selector even watches half of all the games in the Home and Away season. If they did, then they wouldn't believe the completely fictitious stat that MacKenzie gave away 39 goals.

These artards should really take a look at the professionalism of how the American networks & media analyze and cover their sports. I really shits all over the top of us.

Jako has turned into an utter campaigner for mine. Filthy his good mate Suma got passed over?!?

I can cop Talia & Hooker, but Rance ahead of E-Mac is plain insulting.

Would love for someone to explain where they pulled 39 goals from...
Remember we dropped Lynch so he wouldn't break Jako's "consecutive games in a row" record - no worries Jako.

Jako has turned into an utter campaigner for mine. Filthy his good mate Suma got passed over?!?

I can cop Talia & Hooker, but Rance ahead of E-Mac is plain insulting.

Would love for someone to explain where they pulled 39 goals from...
MacKenzie is stiff to miss out. However, I find a disturbing trend that the AA selectors favour guys that missed out the previous year. Rance arguably should have been selected last year but missed out so because he has had two good years in a row they favoured him.
If E-Mac has a good year next year he will be a shoe in IMHO.:thumbsu:

Rance_zps47694350.jpg
BToBOkBCcAE46bW.jpg

MacKenzie is stiff to miss out. However, I find a disturbing trend that the AA selectors favour guys that missed out the previous year. Rance arguably should have been selected last year but missed out so because he has had two good years in a row they favoured him.

He had a good year last year as well. He was in the 40 man AA squad, and should have won our B&F

That's 2 years in a row he's missed out now, so there is holes in your consistency theory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All Australian should be awarded on the form displayed for that year, not accrued performance or any other metric. You pick the best player in their position for that season. This is the first time in years the selectors have come close to naming a deserving side.

You too.

Oh wait you guys can't beat top 8 teams

To be honest most of us here are fine we didn't make the finals just to make up the numbers on top of not being good enough. Getting a slightly better draft pick is better than being destroyed in the first week of the finals.

I'd would have hated to be that side.

Then go gloat in the other thread.

Trying to claim that Priddis "has been shown up as rubbish" because he missed the final cut, when he was named in the extended squad, is just complete bollocks.
Sanders replied to someone who mentioned priddis.
It is a valid conversation in here that priddis didn't get selected. There were a lot of posters who thought he was going to get in and it deserves to be discussed in here.

They ignored the stats and selected players who actually hurt you. Common sense has prevailed as he only made the 40 man squad because he had good looking stats.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back