All-Australian team (Franklin, Kennedy, Smith, Malceski in)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry to intrude.

How Pendlebury can get on the bench ahead of Parker is astounding.

Anyway given quite a few of my mates are norf fans. They have been giving it to me, so if you wouldn't mind thumping them it would be greatly appreciated. 6th shouldn't make a GF. Good luck for the weekend:thumbsu:

Parker stiff, think he is a victim of two things. Firstly, there were already 4 Swans in the team and secondly the wish of the selectors not to name midfielders in the backline or forward line.

Great reward for Buddy, Kennedy, Smith & Mal. Good to see an actual lock down defender get acknowledged.

Parker very stiff but predictable he would miss, even though All-Australian is suppose to be a reward for the current season and that particular season alone, the panel consistently overlooks those players for ones who have had 2-3 good years in a row. He'll get rewarded soon enough though.

Parker stiff, think he is a victim of two things. Firstly, there were already 4 Swans in the team and secondly the wish of the selectors not to name midfielders in the backline or forward line.

Yeh I think the second point is particularly important. The selectors wanted to pick players in their actual spots so even though nobody would consider Ballantyne to have had a better year in absolute terms than Parker, I can't really argue their logic.

actually one of the better AA squads i think, not littered with midfielders on every line. Disappointed luke didnt make it but you cant say any of the guys who got in didnt deserve it. Maybe Pendles was a bit lucky, probably would be the sub.

Parker may need a bench spot, was hoping half forward

Good half forward line though

I got a feeling that gunston flog will make it with buddy and rough forward

How is Gunston a flog? He isn't over the top on the field, isn't very outspoken and is a great person off the field.

Was always going to be hard for Parker to make the squad, but at the age of only 21 he will have plenty more opportunities in the future.

Fantastic to see Nick Smith make the team!!! Most deserved!!

Parker stiff, probably pendlebury the really lucky one but I cannot argue with the rest of the team because all of them deserved it. ALSO WHOO WE HAVE THE MOST PLAYERS, 4!!! YAYYY!

How is Gunston a flog? He isn't over the top on the field, isn't very outspoken and is a great person off the field.

Was always going to be hard for Parker to make the squad, but at the age of only 21 he will have plenty more opportunities in the future.

Fantastic to see Nick Smith make the team!!! Most deserved!!

Gunston as a player who i dont know off here shits me im sure he is good outside of the arena, its not personal im sure you dislike a player somewhere? Ask MarkP

Yeah parker should make more but he was still robbed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's ironic though since Parker does spend quite a lot of time in the forward line, certainly more so than Dane Swan did a few years ago when he was named in the forward line.

I think this new attitude of the selectors must be in reaction to selections like Swan's which the public reacted so vigourously to. So it's a bummer for Parker but this is what the general public seemed to want.

Parker will have plenty of time to make the aa, and will make the aa plenty of times. id say he's a shoe in for 2015.

pendles started the year like a house on fire, finished of decent, but he's still very much in everyones minds as an elite mid, so no surprise there

im extremely happy for Smith, he's been on the radar for a few years now, but its pleasing for him to finally receive the accolades he deserves

All-Australian isn't always a reflection of the best side for the year. Often it's about correcting snubs from previous years. At least two years of elite status is usually the norm. Parker has just had his first elite year, so I expect him to a staple be in the team until about 2023 or so to cushion the blow of tonight.

I'd drop Rockliff for Parker, keep Ballantyne because he averaged the most goals out of the small forwards.

Happy with that. Smith deserves a spot and good to see he was finally recognised for his defensive duties this season. Maybe no more the "most underrated player in the AFL" :D Parker was a bit unlucky, but eh, looking at the final result, who would you put him ahead of? Also, thought Jacobs was a bit better than Sandilands this year.

Gunston as a player who i dont know off here shits me im sure he is good outside of the arena, its not personal im sure you dislike a player somewhere? Ask MarkP

I could wax lyrical but let's just say he is a s**t bloke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back