All Australian thread 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it a very real possibility that Gazza Ablett gets a gig on the bench such as his year?
Definitely a possibility, but he'll definitely be in. His year was just too good til his injury not to make it in.

About 20 minutes ago, David King asked Brenton Sanderson which of his players he thought were a chance for the All Australian team.
In order, he said:

Patrick Dangerfield
Brodie Smith
Rory Sloan for a spot on the wing
Sauce Jacobs

No mention of Daniel Talia, which I thought was interesting given that everyone on here has Talia in their sides.
That's ridiculous, Dangerfield would only get in due to the media pumping him up too much. The other three deserve it before him, Jacobs should get the #1 ruck spot.

About 20 minutes ago, David King asked Brenton Sanderson which of his players he thought were a chance for the All Australian team.
In order, he said:

Patrick Dangerfield
Brodie Smith
Rory Sloan for a spot on the wing
Sauce Jacobs

No mention of Daniel Talia, which I thought was interesting given that everyone on here has Talia in their sides.
Only certainties I would have are Smith, Talia and maybe Sauce

Only certainties I would have are Smith, Talia and maybe Sauce
While I'm not saying Smith isn't a certainty, because I haven't seen enough of him, but couple the glut of midfielders, plus add the Vic bias, would Smith make it in?

Talia and Jacobs should be certainties.

While I'm not saying Smith isn't a certainty, because I haven't seen enough of him, but couple the glut of midfielders, plus add the Vic bias, would Smith make it in?

Talia and Jacobs should be certainties.
Outstanding half back flanker, who would honestly be ahead of him? Smith has to be ahead of Talia though

Outstanding half back flanker, who would honestly be ahead of him? Smith has to be ahead of Talia though
Like I said I haven't seen him enough to comment, and certainly not deriding him. But it sounds like it's a consensus here he should be in so I'll trust everyone here.

I only said Talia should be a certainty because he's a KPD, whereas Smith is a HBF where they like to put excess midfielders, and I'm not sure if he's outperformed enough midfielders, because like I said I hadn't seen enough of him. That's the only reason.

Yeah Talia, Sauce, Smith for mine, but as there needs to be a minimum of Victorian based players, most likely Talia will be the only one to make it. Plus need to make sure Goodes and Buddy get in.

The reality is that players who play in the top teams often find there form gets skewed due to the success of the team. However I don't think the AA selectors can go past Smith, Talia and Jacobs and I can see Dangerfield making the squad and possibly forcing his way into the side but Kennedy might get his spot.

The reality is that players who play in the top teams often find there form gets skewed due to the success of the team. However I don't think the AA selectors can go past Smith, Talia and Jacobs and I can see Dangerfield making the squad and possibly forcing his way into the side but Kennedy might get his spot.
Surely you're not talking about Josh Kennedy of the Sydney variety? He is an absolute lock and will easily be in before Danger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There have been a good 15 midfielders who have had a better year than Dangerfield. It will be a farce if he gets picked imo.

In no particular order
Ablett
Fyfe
Rockliff
Kennedy
Pendlebury
Boak
Sloane
Beams
Heppell
Selwood
Jones
Martin
Ward
Lewis

Probably some I missed

There have been a good 15 midfielders who have had a better year than Dangerfield. It will be a farce if he gets picked imo.

In no particular order
Ablett
Fyfe
Rockliff
Kennedy
Pendlebury
Boak
Sloane
Beams
Heppell
Selwood
Jones
Martin
Ward
Lewis

Probably some I missed
I don't want to be that guy, but you did miss Libba :p You could make an argument for Macrae as well, purely from my team. Prestia and Harvey are a couple of others, and I'm sure there are a couple more as well.

No way Danger should make AA, I hate when players are a lock for this team based on who they are or what they normally do..
Happened for so many years with various players..

Jacobs, Talia and Smith should be in..
I understand some might not see a lot of us.. I'm not biased (see Danger sentence above) - Smith has been a beast and must be in..

That's ridiculous, Dangerfield would only get in due to the media pumping him up too much. The other three deserve it before him, Jacobs should get the #1 ruck spot.

Don't shoot the messenger. I'm just relaying what the Adelaide coach said.

FWIW, Dangerfield is the leading his teammates in the AFL Coaches Award

46 - Pat Dangerfield (polled in 6 games)
36 - Scott Thompson (6 games)
28 - Rory Sloane (7 games)
28 - Brodie Smith (5 games)
24 - Sam Jacobs (4 games)
22 - Eddie Betts (5 games)
13 - Daniel Talia (6 games)

Don't shoot the messenger. I'm just relaying what the Adelaide coach said.

FWIW, Dangerfield is the leading his teammates in the AFL Coaches Award

46 - Pat Dangerfield (polled in 6 games)
36 - Scott Thompson (6 games)
28 - Rory Sloane (7 games)
28 - Brodie Smith (5 games)
24 - Sam Jacobs (4 games)
22 - Eddie Betts (5 games)
13 - Daniel Talia (6 games)
I wasn't talking about you, I was talking about Sanderson. And I really don't see how he's that high, he's had a couple of absolutely outstanding games but been pretty inconsistent.

I don't want to be that guy, but you did miss Libba :p You could make an argument for Macrae as well, purely from my team. Prestia and Harvey are a couple of others, and I'm sure there are a couple more as well.
Libba, Prestia I definitely missed. Harvey I believe will be selected on a half forward flank. Macrae has had some solid games but is a bit off the pace this early in his career.

No way Danger should make AA, I hate when players are a lock for this team based on who they are or what they normally do..
Happened for so many years with various players..

Jacobs, Talia and Smith should be in..
I understand some might not see a lot of us.. I'm not biased (see Danger sentence above) - Smith has been a beast and must be in..
Agree Smith was phenomenal once again with 24d @100% efficiency.

Danger has been well below his previous couple of years. Certainly one of the most tagged players unfortunately.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back