All Australian thread 2015

Aug 29, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It's not that much of a joke that Adelaide could have 4 AA. The reason they are 7th and not top 4 has nothing to do with how good there top end talent is it's because their 15-22 players aren't as good as teams like the Hawks. Some because they are still young and some because they are just s**t. But no one can deny that the crows top 5-6 players match any team in the league.

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
It's not that much of a joke that Adelaide could have 4 AA. The reason they are 7th and not top 4 has nothing to do with how good there top end talent is it's because their 15-22 players aren't as good as teams like the Hawks. Some because they are still young and some because they are just s**t. But no one can deny that the crows top 5-6 players match any team in the league.
Yep, our best players are pretty damn good. Beyond about the top dozen it gets pretty thin, with spots 16-22 up for grabs depending on who is in form and who isn't.

It also helps that, excluding Sloane and Brad Crouch, our best players have played every game this year.

billy fragos

Premiership Player
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Our middle/bottom is actually very good when you break it down...

Top end -

Dangerfield
Sloane
Walker
Betts
Talia
Smith
Laird
Jacobs

Then -

Jenkins (41 goals this year)
Thompson (average 27 disposals this year)
Douglas (averages about 22 and a goal)
Lynch (leads league in assists, averages 20 disposals and 1.5 goals)
Jeansch (Injured rebounding defender averaged 20 disposals last year)
B.crouch (injured midfielder averaging 25 career disposals)
Cameron (27 goals this year)
M.crouch (averages 22 disposals)
Henderson (averages 20 disposals)
Brown (never gets beaten)
Lever (best young key defender arguably)
Hartigan (developing key defender, has kept Gunston, darling, Waite and vickery goalless)

Atkins and knight are also handy youngsters as are Kerridge, grigg, wright, Mackay, CEY in the reserves.

VB is probably the worst player in our best 22 and he isn't even that bad...

Heck Podsiadly is sitting in the SANFL and he's kicked 45 goals in the last 10 weeks.

Last edited:
May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
Does anyone find it funny that one of last years AA backmen (Hooker) just toweled up one of his fellow AA backmen (Rance) in wet conditions playing out of position.

Hooker deserves a spot on the bench this year for his efforts, just saying.

I am positive that without both Hurley and Hooker Essendon would have lost every game.
lol - Rance just got 7 coaches votes.
The old essendon towelling!!!

May 13, 2006
Sunshine Coast
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Ford Cortina
It's a bit of a joke that Betts (Or any of the other small forwards discussed) will get an AA spot to be honest. His selection would be purely stat based.

Apart from a month of really strong football, he just hasn't been the unstoppable force that Wingard or Stringer have been for most of the year.

I'd prefer to just have an extra mid/fwd in the team for the last forward spot.

image.jpg

Hawkinspired

Premiership Player
Sep 2, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It's a bit of a joke that Betts (Or any of the other small forwards discussed) will get an AA spot to be honest. His selection would be purely stat based.

Apart from a month of really strong football, he just hasn't been the unstoppable force that Wingard or Stringer have been for most of the year.

I'd prefer to just have an extra mid/fwd in the team for the last forward spot.

I agree. Betts is skilful and is currently being saved by accuracy. Shooting at 71%. He's not in the top ten for score involvements or goal assists. 6th for tackles inside 50 which shows his defensive pressure. I think he would be recognised as a better player if he centred the ball rather than going for miraculous goals.

tek87

Premiership Player
Aug 7, 2008
australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
David mundy (top 5 in the coaches award, 2nd the 3aw player of the year) must surely be in line for his first all australian after being so consistent for a long time. its now or never. freo finished top and fyfe and mundy should be our reps in the midfield. they deserve as they were central to freo being the best home and away side.

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
David mundy (top 5 in the coaches award, 2nd the 3aw player of the year) must surely be in line for his first all australian after being so consistent for a long time. its now or never. freo finished top and fyfe and mundy should be our reps in the midfield. they deserve as they were central to freo being the best home and away side.
Agree - bloke is a star.

Dec 26, 2005
Park Orchards
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
ParkOrchards FC. Mitch-Scot Cycling

First All Australian? Fair dinkum? That really surprises me. Mundy has been a gun for years now.

Aug 22, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast

I've got one of Hodge, Mitchell, Pendlebury, Kennedy, Priddis or Mundy missing out.

Agree Mundy should be in, not sure who would miss the team.

Apr 8, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
I've got one of Hodge, Mitchell, Pendlebury, Kennedy, Priddis or Mundy missing out.

Mundy has been better than Hodge, Mitchell and Pendlebury. Averaging 27 disposals a game, top 5 in the coaches votes and has been the second best player in the team which finished first. Has to be in the 22.

Hodge, hasn't played enough games.

17 is enough
Didn't mean that you can't get in with 17 games, just meant that Hodge only playing 17 is my reason for picking the others named ahead of him.

Tasfut

All Australian
Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
FB: Murphy - Rance - Wood
HB: Shaw - Hurley - Mitchell
C: Gaff - Priddis - Hannebery
HF: Wingard - Cameron - Deledio
FF: Betts - Kennedy - Stringer
R: Goldstein - Dangerfield - Fyfe
INT: Pendlebury - Jacobs - Mundy - JPK