All Australian thread 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

People with Stringer in their side can't be serious. Surely? He's great, and going to be very great, but I don't even know if I'd have him in my squad of 40 in all honesty.

I agree. Betts is skilful and is currently being saved by accuracy. Shooting at 71%. He's not in the top ten for score involvements or goal assists. 6th for tackles inside 50 which shows his defensive pressure. I think he would be recognised as a better player if he centred the ball rather than going for miraculous goals.
Instead of going for miraculous goals??? You do know that he actually kicks the goal 8/10 times and the crowd lose their s**t, they come to the game to watch him do the unthinkable and he delievers.
You're trying to tell me that a small forward who's kicked over 50 goals in a season is undeserving of a spot in the AA team because he doesn't get many possessions and doesn't pass off to teammates as much?

I agree. Betts is skilful and is currently being saved by accuracy. Shooting at 71%. He's not in the top ten for score involvements or goal assists. 6th for tackles inside 50 which shows his defensive pressure. I think he would be recognised as a better player if he centred the ball rather than going for miraculous goals.

To be honest, before he came to Adelaide, I thought he was a ball hog. After seeing him play the last 2 seasons I'd say if anything, he's too unselfish.

Yes, he will take those set shots from the boundary, but in general play, if there is a team mate in a better position for goal, he'll normally pass the ball to them instead of taking a shot at goal.

Who's your medium forward bud??

And Mundy has to be a lock. Beast.

It's not a question of better options, it's a question of whether one will be picked at all. Wasn't any last year, and though it may seem wrong, there wasn't any complaining about it at the time.

Maybe I was exaggerating in saying he shouldn't make the 40, but I wouldn't be surprised if he missed, and definitely wouldn't be surprised if he missed the team.

Agree with Mundy though.

Youngest players to reach the top 20 in the official player ratings.

CNt0dVuUkAAVE9_.png

Instead of going for miraculous goals??? You do know that he actually kicks the goal 8/10 times and the crowd lose their s**t, they come to the game to watch him do the unthinkable and he delievers.
You're trying to tell me that a small forward who's kicked over 50 goals in a season is undeserving of a spot in the AA team because he doesn't get many possessions and doesn't pass off to teammates as much?

I said he's currently being saved by accuracy. You can't argue with his scoreboard impact. Is it enough to beat LeCras, Rioli, Wingard, Stringer, Bruest who lead Betts on most of the other keys stats. Possibly. Steven Milne kicked 60+ in two seasons and missed the AA team in those years.

I said he's currently being saved by accuracy. You can't argue with his scoreboard impact. Is it enough to beat LeCras, Rioli, Wingard, Stringer, Bruest who lead Betts on most of the other keys stats. Possibly. Steven Milne kicked 60+ in two seasons and missed the AA team in those years.

First of all Rioli is no chance. Wingard and betts both have more pressure acts which was supposed to be the reason Rioli gets in the team despite having less goals.

Betts averages more disposals than Breust and has more assists. Stringer gets most of his goals from playing FF so why is he even being talked about for a small forward spot.

David mundy (top 5 in the coaches award, 2nd the 3aw player of the year) must surely be in line for his first all australian after being so consistent for a long time. its now or never. freo finished top and fyfe and mundy should be our reps in the midfield. they deserve as they were central to freo being the best home and away side.

I'm tipping that when the selectors do their "1st" team, they will see that the top team on the ladder has only one player. I have no problems with that, but I reckon they may shoe horn in a second player for "cosmetic" effect.

Sandi & Mundy, solid consistent seasons. Close, but not close enough ?.

Stringer plays key forward so he isn't competing with Betts. Wingard has been the best of that group but of the others, I don't think much of a case can be made that they have had better seasons than Betts. I'd be completely shocked if Lecras, Rioli or Bruest get in ahead of him, they are less deserving. Betts isn't a complete certainty but he is very close.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

why isn't luke mcpharlin considered for AA? Best FB in comp by a street & mundy should be in on this year alone let alone prior years. Absolute gun.

It a disgrace Priddis and Eric Mackenzie have never been AA either.

B: Boyd - Talia - Hurley
HB: Shaw - Rance - Murphy
C: Hannerbery - Priddis - Gaff
HF: Wingard - Walker - Gunston
F: Betts - Kennedy - Cameron
R: Goldstein - Dangerfield - Fyfe
Int: Pendlbury - Mitchell - Kennedy - Mundy

why isn't luke mcpharlin considered for AA? Best FB in comp by a street

He really isn't the best full back in the comp and he is likely to be rested this week so will only be on 18 games. Not enough considering there have been better this season.

Walker is ahead of Cameron for mine. Beats him in every other aspect except goal tally.

McPharlin has been and is still the best FB in the comp, i don't see him getting selected but i would pick him. McPharlin, Rance combo would be outrageously good.

This year I would be picking 3 KPD's, 2 KPF's(3 smalls and a mid at HFF) and 2 rucks.

Easton Wood is the Dogs absolute AA lock this year. Has been better than Murphy and Boyd and doing a much tougher thing than racking up a heap of disposals.

I have the Bulldogs AA ratings as:

Wood
Murphy

Boyd / Stringer
Dahlhaus / Wallis
Bont

With Wood and Murphy the two definites and then Boyd / Stringer the next chances but understandable if they are overlooked. Dahl / Wallis the longshots who have had great years but probably not AA yet. Bont just enormous this year and the AFL ratings reflect that, he will have plenty of All Australian selections in his future, just not this year.

Wood - Rance - Boyd
Shaw - Hurley - Laird
Hannebery - Priddis - Gaff
Wingard - Walker - Gray
Betts - Kennedy - Stringer
Goldy - Fyfe - Dangerfield

Mundy, NicNat, Kennedy, Mitchell

Mundy has been better than Hodge, Mitchell and Pendlebury. Averaging 27 disposals a game, top 5 in the coaches votes and has been the second best player in the team which finished first. Has to be in the 22.
Not better than any of those players.
There's a reason he's about the 10th pick for the Brownlow - Vanilla.

Not better than any of those players.
There's a reason he's about the 10th pick for the Brownlow - Vanilla.
Mundy is far from Vanilla. Elite disposal, smooth mover and can play just about anywhere. The reason he is 10th favourite for the brownlow is because Fyfe will take so many votes off of him. Don't be surprised if he polls 20+ votes. Has Hodge covered this season easily.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back