All Australian thread 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Will give this a go. These are the players I think are killing it at the moment. Thoughts?

CURRENT AA TEAM

FB:
Harry Taylor - Alex Rance - Heath Shaw
HB: Bob Murphy - Jeremy McGovern - Easton Wood
C: Dylan Shiel - Daniel Hannebury - Jack Steven
HF: Luke Parker - Josh Kennedy - Chad Wingard
FF: Eddie Betts - Jack Riewoldt - Jeremy Cameron

F: Todd Goldstein - Nat Fyfe - Robbie Gray

INT: David Artmitage, Lachie Neale, Andrew Gaff, Sam Mitchell

BY TEAM
Adelaide (1) -
Eddie Betts
Fremantle (2) - Nat Fyfe, Lachie Neale
Geelong (1) - Harry Taylor
GWS (3) - Heath Shaw, Dylan Shiel, Jeremy Cameron
Hawthorn (1) - Sam Mitchell
North Melbourne (1) - Todd Goldstein
Port Adelaide (2) - Robbie Gray, Chad Wingard
Richmond (2) - Alex Rance, Jack Riewoldt
St Kilda (2) - David Armitage, Jack Steven
Sydney (2) - Daniel Hannebury, Luke Parke
West Coast (3) - Jeremy McGovern, Andrew Gaff, Josh Kennedy
Western Bulldogs (2) - Bob Murphy, Easton Wood

UNLUCKY
Lance Franklin, Tom McDonald, Luke McPharlin, Aaron Sandilands, Matt Priddis, Scott Pendlebury, Josh Bruce, Alipate Carlile, Jamie Elliot, Luke Hodge, Dane Swan, Dustin Martin, Jordan Lewis, Adam Treloar

Last edited:

Pendlebury seems to be in a huge amount of teams on here, is it just because there are no other Collingwood players in contention?

Wouldn't be anywhere near All Australian at the moment

Will give this a go. These are the players I think are killing it at the moment. Thoughts?

CURRENT AA TEAM

FB:

BY TEAM
Adelaide (1) -
Eddie Betts
Richmond (1) - Alex Rance

Damn, when did we trade Jacky boy? So gutted right now. :p

Pendlebury seems to be in a huge amount of teams on here, is it just because there are no other Collingwood players in contention?

He's definitely in the squad. 22 is up for debate.

It amazes me how a player can go from certainty to miles off contention in a matter of weeks. Some posters have punted McDonald from the squad which when you consider his first 9 weeks is ludicrous.

Pendles may have hit a dry patch but he's had some outstanding performances this season and generally maintained a very high output.

He is 4th in the coaches votes despite playing injured, he would probably be on the bench or just outside the team for mine.

It amazes me how a player can go from certainty to miles off contention in a matter of weeks. Some posters have punted McDonald from the squad which when you consider his first 9 weeks is ludicrous.

Pendles may have hit a dry patch but he's had some outstanding performances this season and generally maintained a very high output.
KPD has a few standouts who are really pressing claims and cementing themselves even further (Rance, McGov for example). Given that only 3 will make the team, a drop off for a few weeks can rule you out of the rolling squad to date, doesn't mean he will miss it in the end if he can bounce back for the remainder of the year.

KPD has a few standouts who are really pressing claims and cementing themselves even further (Rance, McGov for example). Given that only 3 will make the team, a drop off for a few weeks can rule you out of the rolling squad to date, doesn't mean he will miss it in the end if he can bounce back for the remainder of the year.
This is what I find perplexing though. I really don't think Rance is that far ahead. Kennedy kicked 3-3 on him with a couple of easy misses and it's been described as "break even". What constitutes being beaten? He kept Franklin to 2 goals in a performance that supposedly cemented him in the side. McDonald kept him to 0.

Rance is in the side but he seems to have been given a couple of free passes not afforded to others.

I also think McPharlin is becoming the forgotten man in the KPD discussion. He's been sensational.

This is what I find perplexing though. I really don't think Rance is that far ahead. Kennedy kicked 3-3 on him with a couple of easy misses and it's been described as "break even". What constitutes being beaten? He kept Franklin to 2 goals in a performance that supposedly cemented him in the side. McDonald kept him to 0.

Rance is in the side but he seems to have been given a couple of free passes not afforded to others.

I also think McPharlin is becoming the forgotten man in the KPD discussion. He's been sensational.
Luke has been great. However we will likely rest him at various stages of the season so probably won't play as many games as the others. However I still regard him as one of the best Key defenders in the league.

CURRENT AA TEAM

FB:

BY TEAM
Adelaide (1) -
Eddie Betts

UNLUCKY
Lance Franklin, Tom McDonald, Luke McPharlin, Aaron Sandilands, Matt Priddis, Scott Pendlebury, Josh Bruce, Alipate Carlile, Jamie Elliot, Luke Hodge, Dane Swan, Dustin Martin, Jordan Lewis, Adam Treloar

Hurley not in your 22 and not even unlucky?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's been clearly our best player this year, it's not even close.

I don't even think he's in that much of a form slump anyway. He's not 100% fit, but look at his numbers over the last 5 weeks:

28.4 disposals per game
1.2 goals
1.8 goal assists
5.8 clearances
4.8 tackles
4 wins (and one narrow loss)

Those numbers are an upgrade on his 2014 numbers and this year we're winning more games. He'll be in the side.

CURRENT AA TEAM

FB:

BY TEAM
Adelaide (1) -
Eddie Betts

UNLUCKY

Not sure how you can have Cameron over Buddy.
Cameron doesn't have any area of the game this year over Buddy.

CURRENT AA TEAM

FB:

BY TEAM
Adelaide (1) -
Eddie Betts

UNLUCKY
Jordan Lewis is an odd call. Has been pretty average for a while, especially since returning from suspension. I know this cause the campaigner is in my SC team :mad: On the games I've seen recently, he's been plumping up his stats after the game is done and dusted.

B: Harry Taylor, Michael Hurley, Easton Wood
HB: Heath Shaw, Alex Rance, Jeremy McGovern
C: Lachie Neale, Daniel Hannebury, Dylan Shiel
HF: Jack Riewoldt, Lance Franklin, Andrew Gaff
F: Eddie Betts, Josh Kennedy, Chad Wingard
R: Todd Goldstein, Nat Fyfe, Matt Priddis
IC: Scott Pendlebury, Robbie Gray, David Armitage, Patrick Dangerfield

On the cusp: Sam Mitchell, Brandon Ellis, Liam Shiels, Adam Treloar, Dustin Martin, Josh Bruce, Bernie Vince, Jack Steven, Anthony Miles, Luke Parker, Aaron Sandilands, Patrick Cripps, Cale Hooker, Dayne Beams, Scott Thomson, Garrick Ibbotson, Taylor Adams, Michael Walters, Jackson McCrae, Robert Murphy

On the slide: Tom McDonald, Bachar Houli, Jeremy Cameron, Shane Edwards, Jordan Lewis, Sam Jacobs, Hayden Ballantyne, Jamie Elliot,

Not in contention: Joel Selwood, Adam Cooney, Luke Hodge, Ollie Wines, Cyril Rioli, Jobe Watson, Adam Goodes, Matthew Pavlich, Steele Sidebottom.

Last edited:

On the cusp: Sam Mitchell, Brandon Ellis, Liam Shiels, Adam Treloar, Dustin Martin, Josh Bruce, Bernie Vince, Jack Steven, Anthony Miles, Luke Parker, Aaron Sandilands, Patrick Cripps, Cale Hooker, Dayne Beams, Scott Thomson, Garrick Ibbotson, Taylor Adams,

On the slide: Tom McDonald, Bachar Houli, Jeremy Cameron, Shane Edwards, Jordan Lewis, Sam Jacobs, Michael Walters, Hayden Ballantyne, Jamie Elliot,

Not in contention: Joel Selwood, Adam Cooney, Luke Hodge, Ollie Wines, Cyril Rioli, Jobe Watson, Adam Goodes, Matthew Pavlich, Steele Sidebottom.
Walters sliding? Dobbed 4 on the weekend.

On the cusp: Sam Mitchell, Brandon Ellis, Liam Shiels, Adam Treloar, Dustin Martin, Josh Bruce, Bernie Vince, Jack Steven, Anthony Miles, Luke Parker, Aaron Sandilands, Patrick Cripps, Cale Hooker, Dayne Beams, Scott Thomson, Garrick Ibbotson, Taylor Adams,

On the slide: Tom McDonald, Bachar Houli, Jeremy Cameron, Shane Edwards, Jordan Lewis, Sam Jacobs, Michael Walters, Hayden Ballantyne, Jamie Elliot,

Pretty good side. The only question marks I'd have is the inclusion of Harry Taylor (and having 4 tall defenders) and Gaff on a HFF (not a goalkicker and barely gets any goal assists).

I also found it quite amusing how you say Hodge is not in contention but Anthony Miles is on the cusp! Hodge was poor on Saturday and has missed a few games but he would be close. Anthony Miles is no chance whatsoever.

Sydney had 16 inside 50s in the last quarter and they were kicking it to Buddy.

On the cusp: Sam Mitchell, Brandon Ellis, Liam Shiels, Adam Treloar, Dustin Martin, Josh Bruce, Bernie Vince, Jack Steven, Anthony Miles, Luke Parker, Aaron Sandilands, Patrick Cripps, Cale Hooker, Dayne Beams, Scott Thomson, Garrick Ibbotson, Taylor Adams, Michael Walters, Jackson McCrae, Robert Murphy

On the slide: Tom McDonald, Bachar Houli, Jeremy Cameron, Shane Edwards, Jordan Lewis, Sam Jacobs, Hayden Ballantyne, Jamie Elliot,

Wingard and Gray in the same team?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back