NFL All-Star Teams By Division

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd take Jordy, but I understand the logic

Jordy struggled for chunks of the year when Rodgers was out. Alshon dominated with McCown at the helm

Alshon has close to the best hands in the business too.

Conversely Marshall takes all of the attention, and Jeffrey was close to the most targeted wr last year (I believe he may have evenm been number 1)
Alshon did struggle early on but he absolute dominated at Minnesota and against the Saints putting up over 200yds (something Jordy failed to do) but he also went under 50yds 4 times (Jordy was 3). Alshon only had 107 more yards than Nelson with one less TD and having 4 more catches (89v85) on 150 targets (11th in league) to 126 targets (23rd in league).

Jordy also has versatility on his side being able to line-up anywhere and is also an incredible route runner who I'd argue has better hands than Jeffery but that's a hard one to prove.

I think this is the year where Alshon replaces Marshall as number 1 in Chicago from about mid-way through the year. Making him the 3rd best WR in the North.

How is Alshon better than Jordy?
Joke yeah?

Love to see Jeffrey working with Rodgers. He'd be putting up Calvin Johnson type numbers...

Similarily, Nelson with Cutler and Marshall wouldnt produce half the stats he does now.

Now that's a good joke.
People can be so simple at times. Either that or you guys really dont understnd how good Jeffrey is.

Rodgers makes Nelson just like he made James Jones, Randall Cobb etc.

Nelson is better than those 2 but he would struggle if he had an average QB (which he did last year)

People can be so simple at times. Either that or you guys really dont understnd how good Jeffrey is.

Nelson is better than those 2 but he would struggle if he had an average QB (which he did last year)
Jeffery is very good, Nelson is better and would probably be close to the most under-rated player in the NFL.

Nelson has made Rodgers look quite good on a number of occasions, I'll give you Jones but Cobb is a good receiver.

The entire GB offence sucked last year once Rodgers went down, that wasn't just a Nelson thing. Which comes down to the terrible management of McCarthy and Thompson to have an adequate back-up in place.

I think your Packers bias is affecting your judgement there.

Alshon Jeffrey looks like a better WR than Jordy Nelson.

I think your Packers bias is affecting your judgement there.

Alshon Jeffrey looks like a better WR than Jordy Nelson.
How am I being bias?
At the moment Nelson is the better receiver, that could quite easily change with what Jeffery has shown but right now Nelson is a better receiver.

FWIW I have Marshall and Nelson as equal within the North with Jeffery right behind them.

GW you had me until Jordy making Rodgers look good

That's just silly
It's a very small minority of the time, but some of the catches Jordy has pulled in are insane.
Every WR makes their QB look good at some point.

Don't forget he made Flynn look good enough for Seattle to pay decent money for him.

FWIW I have Marshall and Nelson as equal within the North with Jeffery right behind them.

Okay now your Packers bias is DEFINITELY showing.

Marshall is comfortably ahead of Nelson. Comfortably.

I can wear that, part of that comes from Nelson being what I feel is overlooked and under-rated on a consistent basis.
Nelson isn't that far behind Marshall though, but I'll admit a lot of that would be due to Aaron Rodgers.

Nelson without Rodgers
2010:
@ NE: 1 Rec 16yds (Flynn)

2011:
v DET: 9 Rec 162yds 3 TDs (Flynn)

2013:
v PHI: 6 Rec 56yds (Tolzien)
@ NYG: 8 Rec 117yds (Tolzien)
v MIN: 4 Rec 58yds (Tolzien/Flynn)
@ DET: 2 Rec 14yds (Flynn)
v ATL: 4 Rec 85yds (Flynn)
@ DAL: 5 Rec 61yds 1 TD (Flynn)
v PIT: 3 Rec 46yds (Flynn)

I haven't included the games in which Rodgers was removed from games.
9 full games without Rodgers for 42 Receptions, 615yds and 4 TDs, averaging out to be 4.6 receptions, 68.3yds and 0.4 TDs a game without Rodgers.

Detroit made him look good mate
I won't deny that either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To me its:

Marshall
Jeffrey
Nelson

With Jeffrey to the potential to be as good as Marshall, maybe a bit better.

To me its:

Marshall
Jeffrey
Nelson

With Jeffrey to the potential to be as good as Marshall, maybe a bit better.

That's how I have it as well.

I feel like GreyWind is confusing production with talent.

When everyone's done all eight divisions I'd like to see you then do the best regions. Best of afc west and NFC west combined. Etc.
This needs its own thread. It would also be interesting if you were to set out all 8 divisions in a spreadsheet to compare the teams each poster forwards.

Personally, I'd be happy to sit down for an hour or 2 and do all 8 teams... then argue with supporters from that division why my team is better than theirs because they're poo-faced jerks.

I
This needs its own thread. It would also be interesting if you were to set out all 8 divisions in a spreadsheet to compare the teams each poster forwards.

Personally, I'd be happy to sit down for an hour or 2 and do all 8 teams... then argue with supporters from that division why my team is better than theirs because they're poo-faced jerks.

I actually might move all those posts in this thread to a new thread. Later tonight.

It's an interesting topic and exercise.

Massive massive underrating of Nelson here...

Having a great QB isn't an indictment on the talent of the player.
Umm nobody said he sucked. A couple of us just think Jeffrey is better. Whats wrong with that?

Umm nobody said he sucked. A couple of us just think Jeffrey is better. Whats wrong with that?

Similarily, Nelson with Cutler and Marshall wouldnt produce half the stats he does now.

Well it SOUNDS like you're being awfully dismissive of his talent......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back