NFL All-Star Teams By Division

Remove this Banner Ad

Alright, someone has to do it ....the worst division in football with just one Superbowl trophy between them...

AFC SOUTH

QB
R Fitzp......nah just joking!....A Luck
RB
A Foster

WR
A Johnson
WR
R Wayne / K Wright
WR
TY Hilton
TE
M Lewis

LT
Duane Brown / Roos
LG
Andy Levitre
C
Chris Myers
RG
Brandon Brooks
RT
Gosder Cherilus

3-4 D

DE
JJ Watt
NT
Sen'Derrick Marks
DE
Red Bryant / Corey Redding /Casey

OLB
J Clowney
ILB
B Cushing
ILB
J Freeman
OLB
R Mathis

CB
J McCourty
CB
Vontae Davis
FS
Michael Griffin
SS
Johnathan Cyprien / Pollard

K
J Scobee
P
S Lechler
PR / KR
D McCluster/ L Washington

^ Casey over Bryant/Reddings
Posluszny > Freeman

Titans are moving to a 3-4 this year and Casey may struggle. Apparently will be playing one gap so will suit him more.
In this team with the players around them, the 3-4 end opposite JJ Watt and those LBs, better to have a bigger body playing 2 gap, collapsing the line, good run stuffer. Bryant and Redding each at 6-4 320 better than Casey who's 6-0 300.

Posluszny better as a 4-3 Mike. Struggled in a 3-4 in his last season at Buffalo. One of the reason's he left.
Even D'Qwell Jackson above him as a 3-4 inside.

Because I couldn't sleep I decided to do the NFC South and finish the list

QB Drew Brees
RB DeAngelo Williams (really weak division for RBs, an argument could be made for Doug Martin and Steven Jackson)
FB Mike Tolbert
WR1 Julio Jones
WR2 Roddy White
WR3 Vincent Jackson
TE Jimmy Graham
LT Anthony Collins
LG Ben Grubbs
C Evan Dietrich-Smith (another weak position for the division, feel free to correct me if there is someone better)
RG Jahri Evans
RT Jake Matthews

4-3 D
RDE Greg Hardy
NT Gerald McCoy
UT Star Lotulelei
LDE Cameron Jordan/Charles Johnson
WLB Lavonte David
MLB Luke Kuechly
SLB Thomas Davis
LCB Alterun Verner
RCB Keenan Lewis
NB Desmond Trufant
SS Kenny Vaccaro
FS Jairus Byrd

K Matt Bryant
P Matt Bosher
KR Devin Hester

A weak division at RB, OT, C and CB but dominant at TE, DL, LB and S

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ive been filling in the blanks on the spreadsheets, and making a few minor adjustments.

For the NFC South, the HC/OC/DC one is very tough.

DC candidates: Lovie Smith, Sean McDermott, Mike Nolan.....went with Nolan as he's the most esteemed DC.
OC candidates: went Pete Carmichael, but you could make a case to move Sean Payton to OC and make Lovie Smith HC.
HC candidates: went Sean Payton.

In the NFCE 4-3 defence, no way Cox plays DE. He's a 4-3 DT. I would put Cole easily in as DE

Surely Johnny Hekker gets the punting job on the NFC West team. I mean, besides Quinn it's tough for the Rams to crack any other spots. Gotta give us something!
To be honest I would take Laurinaitis out for Bowman and Ogletree out for Washington as well.
I prefer Long over Bennett but that is probably personal preference.

Just made me realise with all the lack of responses just how uncool/unloved the AFC South is. There's bugger all fans here.
Titans were a popular team around their Super Bowl run. Had a never-say-die team. A few big name stars. Had a great rivalry against the Ravens when they were in the same division. Jaguars had a great time as an expansion team. Colts are still a popular team. Texans there's a number of fans on this board now.

Give it time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back