All-stars Game Friday Night

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah they did some sort of Aboriginal Haka that I've never seen before. A few of the indigenous boys did some weird dancing celebrations after goals as well. It was a bit like Darren Sammy in the BBL.
did paddy brophy riverdance back at em

How was Lucas's game?

Did he still look lazy or unwilling to go in hard?
Lucas did go in hard , his opposition tho looked tiny to him , I know Lucas is not that big but compared to the opposition he was , I think yellow makes you look broad unless he has bulked up a bit too , he has big numbers on his back 47 i think , he played pretty good did some good things I was quite pleased with his efforts and his game

Hate to bring the bad news fellas but being turfed out to leederville has hurt more than expected with the 1 Direction fans ******* up subiaco oval leaving us not being able to train there for a month while turf is relayed

Hate to bring the bad news fellas but being turfed out to leederville has hurt more than expected with the 1 Direction fans ******* up subiaco oval leaving us not being able to train there for a month while turf is relayed

Oh s**t this could affect our huge home ground advantage!! Oh wait...

Lucas did go in hard , his opposition tho looked tiny to him , I know Lucas is not that big but compared to the opposition he was , I think yellow makes you look broad unless he has bulked up a bit too , he has big numbers on his back 47 i think , he played pretty good did some good things I was quite pleased with his efforts and his game

Can't see Lucas adding a lot, seems a 'make up the numbers' type to me. I think he moved on from Csarlton much like Koby Stevens did from us, didn't appear as though he was part of their long term plans. Playing for Carlton he was one of those guys who you just know will fail to deliver in the pressure moment, not always but most times. I recall watching him for the Blues quite a few times and calling him to not make to big play when required (not to take a speccy and then kick a 70 goal, but at least halve a contest and deny the oppostion a run on) and that's mostly what happened. In racing parlance, honest goer but prefer others.

Can't see Lucas adding a lot, seems a 'make up the numbers' type to me. I think he moved on from Csarlton much like Koby Stevens did from us, didn't appear as though he was part of their long term plans. Playing for Carlton he was one of those guys who you just know will fail to deliver in the pressure moment, not always but most times. I recall watching him for the Blues quite a few times and calling him to not make to big play when required (not to take a speccy and then kick a 70 goal, but at least halve a contest and deny the oppostion a run on) and that's mostly what happened. In racing parlance, honest goer but prefer others.
Meh if he's more Bennel than Cale Morton I will consider it win. Was a late pick so didn't lose much IMHO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think this is true at all. In interviews he has always said how he was always more of an athlete than a footballer and has never had an arrogance about him and comes across as a laid back knockabout. Maybe its just that he loves to run and take the game on (often getting caught) that gives this impression.

When in form he offers the team something different and a bit of flair.
yeah...loves getting caught when he thinks hes better than he is....and when he gets caught often hands a goal to the opposition. Whon cares about his man bun and beard....he a tosser...imo. Needs to deliver on the park...not on the internet!

Can someone tell me how much bigger they all looked , I couldn't tell listening to the radio and couldn't get thrue to the station to ask the question ;)
The bulk was significant for some of the guys. As I said in a previous post, NN was close 3 seats to my left) and he is a monster. Legs like tree trunks. You could tell Masten was bigger, as was Lycett and Sinclair.

However Selwood was just in front of us, and he wasn't ripped, but you could tell he was pretty fit, other than his ankle of course.

Overall though, I would say ,we have bulked, but it looks like strategic bulk with some players

My best
Bennell
Wellingham
Sheppard
Cripps
Sheed
Gaff
Yeo

Cameo's (more NAB games)
Karpany
Lamb
Nelson
Waterman

Showed a bit (long term)
RoPo
Brophy

Really liked Bennell's game thought he did some nice things out of defence, Cripps pushed a little higher up the ground at times and as usual put a lot of pressure on with his speed and again pinched another goal.Was a lot to like about Sheed's game also, played mostly midfield and was particularly strong over the ball and the tackle he laid just before three quarter time was a ripper. Was really impressed with Karpany and can see him getting his opportunities to build through the NAB and could be what we are looking for in a small forward.Lamb also stood out in his 18 minutes and if he keeps that up could fill in for Darling leaving McGovern to float.Waterman only had maybe 10 minutes if that of game time but had some nice in and under clearances.
Think Tunbridge is being harshly judged, copped a heavy knock to the side of the leg halfway through the 1st had his calf strapped and limped out the rest of the game. Don't know exactly what happened to Sinclair but he didn't look good when he came of in the last (never came back on).Masten had his thigh heavily strapped (before the game started). Shep had more ice on him at the end of the game than Ben Cousins.

What kind of role was Sheed playing?
Not wanting to open a can of worms but it was probably best described as the priddis role - at the coalface trying to win the ball

He certainly spent far more time in close at the stoppages than we saw from him last year. I thought he was too reactive last year and seemed hesitant to jump into contests - he was more proactive on Friday

Not wanting to open a can of worms but it was probably best described as the priddis role - at the coalface trying to win the ball

He certainly spent far more time in close at the stoppages than we saw from him last year. I thought he was too reactive last year and seemed hesitant to jump into contests - he was more proactive on Friday
Seemed to be set up defensive side of stoppages.Agree with the Priddis comparison was hard at it and the reason it kept them going sideways.

Seemed to be set up defensive side of stoppages.Agree with the Priddis comparison was hard at it and the reason it kept them going sideways.

That's good , I was hoping he would play a bit more inside this year, he did seem to hang around on the outside of contests when he played last season. Do you guys think he'll be big bodied enough to play like that in the season proper?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back