All the nice little things about winning the 2014 Premiership

Your favorite Hawthorn premiership?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You'd be smiling like that too if you were banging Delta.

If Stratts brought the Premiership cup and placed it at the end of the bed, I'd boff him too!

Delta would have to wait.

Just watched the 1988 GF win against Melbourne to compare against the 2014 win to see how we played back then in a big scoring win.

Although it's a game I rarely watch in recent times it well worth going there again. The total domination right up to the last minute, running in number supporting each other and with every player contributing. Absolutely awesome display which was similarly displayed against the $wans.

If it hadn't been wet perhaps it could have been a bigger thumping.

Next on the watch list will be the 89 GF. And I still get nervous watching that.

afl era started in 91 -we have 4 flags?!!!!
The answer is in the date on the article: September 26, 2014

So we jumped from third to top with our 2014 win. The 'includes 2014 finals' is presumably missing the big dance itself. :)

So we jumped from third to top with our 2014 win. The 'includes 2014 finals' is presumably missing the big dance itself. :)
So they put us making the 2014 GF, but not winning it?
5 GF's. 3 Flags?
Stupid flogs!

afl era started in 91 -we have 4 flags?!!!!

To me the AFL era started in 1987 when WCE and Brisbane joined the AFL, effectively bringing an end to the suburban VFL teams only.

They may have re-named it in 1990 but nothing had effectively changed at that time from 1987.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we actually would go to 2nd (assuming flags is the tie breaker) on that arbitrary scale of measurement. They've already awarded our points for making finals and GF in '14.

I personally think winning a flag is more than 3 x as impressive as making the top 8 (this system awards 3pts for a flag and 1pt for making 8th or better) but to each their own. Cats fans will love the premise.

I think we actually would go to 2nd (assuming flags is the tie breaker) on that arbitrary scale of measurement. They've already awarded our points for making finals and GF in '14.

I personally think winning a flag is more than 3 x as impressive as making the top 8 (this system awards 3pts for a flag and 1pt for making 8th or better) but to each their own. Cats fans will love the premise.

Agree

Surely winning the Flag is what it is all about - therefore 10 points for Premiers.

Yes, you're quite right - I totally missed that about the points.

I just saw the premiership total and went, "YEAH BABY, THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN ABOUT!!!"

...or y'know, something like that. ;) :D

Poor HP - went down flying the flag, A true hawk man. He drives cats supporters absolutely insane and that can only be a good thing
tumblr_m5o1t9V2G41rxc156o1_500.gif

To me the AFL era started in 1987 when WCE and Brisbane joined the AFL, effectively bringing an end to the suburban VFL teams only.

They may have re-named it in 1990 but nothing had effectively changed at that time from 1987.

I like to think it began in 1981 when we had our first non-victorian team in the competition. :)

Just watched the 1988 GF win against Melbourne to compare against the 2014 win to see how we played back then in a big scoring win.

Next on the watch list will be the 89 GF. And I still get nervous watching that.

I've pretty much just wrapped up watching all 12 Premiership Grand Finals... coz I could. :p After watching all that footage, I could only come up with one word to sum up the experience: Evolution.

Not to mention the salary cap and draft.

Home and away only 1990-2014
Team.............wins........draws......losses...........%..................flags
Geelong..........347.........4............197............63.3%..............3
WCE...............309.........4............235...........56.4%..............3
Essendon.......302.........9............237............55.1%..............2
Hawthorn......302.........3.............243............55.1%..............4
N.Melbourne.300.........3.............245............54.7%..............2
Collingwood...296.........4............248............54.0%.............2

Home and away only 1990-2014
Team.............wins........draws......losses...........%..................flags
Geelong..........347.........4............197............63.3%..............3
WCE...............309.........4............235...........56.4%..............3
Essendon.......302.........9............237............55.1%..............2
Hawthorn......302.........3.............243............55.1%..............4
N.Melbourne.300.........3.............245............54.7%..............2
Collingwood...296.........4............248............54.0%.............2

There is a fairly healthy chance that by the end of 2015 we will be second on that list.

Back