All the nice little things about winning the 2014 Premiership

Your favorite Hawthorn premiership?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

"Dan Hannebery of the Swans in action during the 2014 Toyota AFL Grand Final match between the Sydney Swans and the Hawthorn Hawks at the MCG, Melbourne on September 27, 2014."

View attachment 92216

A bit unfair to Hannebury, he's about to shoot out a handpass, take the return and kick to Buddy for a goal.

Or he might writhe in agony on the ground ...

I'd like to see a compilation of all of Ted Richards rants during the game. It's funny how even when he gets beaten in a marking contest he pulls out his mouth guard and points and shouts at everyone else even though it's his f**k up. It's hilarious and one of the joys of the match.

I'd like to see a compilation of all of Ted Richards rants during the game. It's funny how even when he gets beaten in a marking contest he pulls out his mouth guard and points and shouts at everyone else even though it's his f**k up. It's hilarious and one of the joys of the match.

Sydney posters say he had every right to be doing his block as it was the midfield that was letting the backline down - seems jascinta was right

Watching the game when you are recovering from sickness. It's a good pick me up.
Exactly what I did whilst suffering an immense man cold. Over 4 days managed to watch the GF in all 4 commentaries, the 2013 GF and just for kicks pulled out the 88 GF to compare the swans smashing against the demons smashing.

Was almost worth being sick!

I sincerely hope one of the Mods/Admins has saved away all the Grand Final related threads, pre and post... So we can read through them time and time again.

I don't think the '08 ones lasted too long and not sure about the threads from last years' game.

But it would be nice if the Mods could save these threads away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I sincerely hope one of the Mods/Admins has saved away all the Grand Final related threads, pre and post... So we can read through them time and time again.

I don't think the '08 ones lasted too long and not sure about the threads from last years' game.

But it would be nice if the Mods could save these threads away.

The 2008 match day thread is somewhere

...and the sheet pandemonium is something to behold and for that reason amongst countless others it remains my favourite by the length of the Flemington straight

icon-neo-m1.gif
Whoa, deju vu!
icon-cypher-m1.gif
What did you see? What happened?
icon-neo-m1.gif
Well, I saw the emergence of a Langford that signalled a Hawthorn dynasty, followed by the emergence of another Langford signalling yet another Hawthorn dynasty.
icon-trinity-m1.gif
How much like the first dynasty? Was it the same Langford?
icon-neo-m1.gif
Aside from the different coloured hair, physique and playing styles, it might have been. I'm not sure.
icon-trinity-m1.gif
A deja vu is usually a glitch in the Matrix. It happens when they change something.
icon-neo-m1.gif
Well... we won back-2-back a hell of a lot quicker. Who do we have to thank for that?
icon-smith-m1.gif
I think it's quite obvious, Mr Anderson. You can thank the greatest gut runner the world has ever seen. Has everyone already forgotten the double cobras after the last quarter 80m bomb in 2013? Or that he took one for the team in 2014 by letting Hodge hog all the glory?
icon-neo-m1.gif
What are you trying to say?
icon-smith-m1.gif
Never send a human to do a machine's job.
icon-neo-m1.gif
What machine?
icon-smith-m1.gif
The greatest, most ruthless and skilful in the game's history. That's what I'm talking about...

640103-355ee92c-462a-11e4-a514-3305f3826c2d.jpg

The other satisfaction was the crowd's loud booing of that rancid politically correct piece of excrement Goodes whenever it got possession.

Setting my ringtone to the club song for the entire week after the GF and enjoying the pained expression on my work colleagues faces every time my phone rang.

I edited two versions of the club song (normal theme and different versions of the players singing it after winning the QF/PF/GF last year) as 20+ minute mp3s. Purely to amuse myself during GF week (something to pump myself up on the day of the final training session AND GF day), I still listen to them regularly (although not as often as I have replayed the GF itself).

I last did it on Saturday while on a really long bus trip :D, it's quite soothing whereas if I had to hear the Geelong theme for 20+ minutes without a break I would go postal (much like christmas music in retail stores this time of year!).

The other satisfaction was the crowd's loud booing of that rancid politically correct piece of excrement Goodes whenever it got possession.
Listening to MMM's call in the Victory Pack hearing Garry Lyon say "there not boo's are they?, no, they can't be" every time Goodes touches the ball is quite funny too!

I'd like to see a compilation of hawks giving the swans the smack-down. I looked up some highlights packages, but I'd like to see more focus on Roughie handing Hanners his own arse, etc...

Last night I fell asleep listening to Rex Hunt and getting ready for work this morning listening to ABC.
Life is good
Rexy is such a ******* laugh. Think it was midway through the third or last when out of nowhere he chimed, "Sack the cook and hold my calls" :)

Back