All the nice little things about winning the 2014 Premiership

Your favorite Hawthorn premiership?

• Total voters
1. I've "liked" a huge number of posts.
2. I've taken a number of people off "ignore"
I think most people are going hard on the likes! I've only made a few posts but my alerts are going crazy!
I loved that kid saying to Hodge 'you're my hero'. It's exactly what I would have said as a grown man, except I would have got nervous and fluffed my lines.
"Hodgey, I'm your hero!" ;)

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Being able to be annoyingly understated when people discuss it with me

Huge helpings of false modesty

Posting to geelong posters that their dynasty thing is probably better, while knowing its not over yet

It-s-20Not-20Unusual-20To-20Be-20Loved-20By-20Everyone8-20140928160212462771-620x414.jpg

Don't stop me now, I'm having such a good time, I'm having a ball
Don't stop me now, if you wanna have a good time just give me a call
Don't stop me now ('cause I'm having a good time)
Don't stop me now (yes I'm havin' a good time)
I don't want to stop at all!!

NiceJacketJeff

Senior List
Aug 31, 2007
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man U
This years win was brilliant considering all the things that went wrong during the year, but 2008 was the first GF I have attended and will always be a very significant occasion for me.

ScoobySnacks

All Australian
Jul 3, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Getting the lovely wife to look after the kids so I can head down to a cafe, read both papers cover to cover while sipping on a couple if strong coffees.

Whilst this is a really nice fact highlighting our success, I think it also heeds a warning to enjoy the premierships while we are winning them. There is nothing saying we will not go into the premiership wilderness for 50 years

Billyc

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 17, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If you have exhausted every newspaper and watched every show and wish to spend 10 satisfying minutes reading about the game, I recommend checking out the grand final thread on the Geelong board. I'd read again.

Bikefreak

Cancelled
Jun 22, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Golden State, B.H.H. Perth Wildcats
I have been attacked by several people on this forum this week. Guess who they support? Fremantle, Sydney and Port Adelaide :)

Hawthorn's finals victories just keep on giving.

PM me their addresses.....I'll sort em.

Bikefreak

Cancelled
Jun 22, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Golden State, B.H.H. Perth Wildcats
A lot of things feel better right after a premiership. ;)

My Boss is still swearing at me.

He is a hardcore Roos (NM) man who lives mostly in Sydney. This was his excuse for backing the Cola Kids. I said to him last Friday "are you sure you want to do that"?

Monday morning back at work was hilarious. No good mornings....just something like "I'm f$#king surprised you're even here". I said "and miss out on this little catchup.....no effing chance". I went on to remind him that Sydney didn't lose by just a few points.....THEY GOT SMASHED. This was followed by more swearing.

We were talking again this arvo and the Boss made the fatal mistake of asking how my day had been. I replied "bloody fantastic my footy team won another flag on the weekend". This brought on another bout of swearing and cursing.

The fact that we won by so much has left many one eyed $hitney bandwagoners without any excuses for the loss......not one valid one.

I am still pinching myself that the HFC as a whole has been able to bring home the flag after such a difficult year with many stories and sub stories.....all very valid ones that have had an impact on our quest for B2B in 2014.

My Dad turns 70 this year. He has faithfully followed St Kilda for over 50 years. His traitor son (me) is a constant reminder to him of the Saints only flag......I was born in 66.

I consider myself a very very fortunate individual to have been able to enjoy the success and achievements of the Hawthorn Football Club for 4 decades. Lets not ever take it for granted. Soak it up and pass it on to your kids and grandkids.

LOVE MY HAWKS!

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
I like that one too, only my memory of it was:
Gary Rohan: "bounce...bounce...'**** Spangher is coming right at me!' trip!"

Gary Rohan ... worst exponent of the short pass in defence I've ever seen. someone needs to tell him he's supposed to kick it to someone wearing the same jumper as he has.

Dec 23, 2008
behind enemy lines
AFL Club
Hawthorn
For pure mischievous pleasure a trip tot the Handbaggers board. There's a cretin in there who believes winning a premiership every second year has more merit than back to backs! But it gets better, he rationalizes this by stating the every second year premierships happen less frequently. A comic genius. Can you imagine Bomber post 2007, "boys lets not try so hard next year, let's wait until 2009 to reload. Premierships every other year are a rarer commodity and therefore should be more highly cherished."

RoyalRoughead

Debutant
Oct 9, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
That the Essenscum board is so beside itself with its own football failure, they have no choice but to admire us.

Back