All things Chris Dawes - 2014 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully, there are Melbourne supporters eager to toast Dawesy. Wouldn't look good if the first three posts are from Pie's supporters.;)

Allow me to take it over the top...

07s2Nn.gif

PS: YouDontKnowJack
Dr2ZAmD.gif

Aside from the highlights package I've got planned for Jonesy at the end of the year, I reckon I'll have to do one for Chris too now, and set it to that music :D

I thought we got a good deal, and have defended him from day 1, from both fellow supporters and from Bay 13 w***ers.
Allow me to take it over the top...

07s2Nn.gif

PS: YouDontKnowJack
Dr2ZAmD.gif
Thanks Wonna, and yes, that last line was trademarked by Markleneeld. Who, like his coaching alter ego this year, was a 1 hit wonder.

I wish his kicking was better. Needs to be able to kick further, and more accurately at goal.

Nice to see him taking marks though - thankfully his butterfingers seems to be gone.

Aside from the highlights package I've got planned for Jonesy at the end of the year, I reckon I'll have to do one for Chris too now, and set it to that music :D
I look forward to it Wonna.

Unfortunately Markleneeld's follow up single "The Ceiling Can't Hold Max" didn't chart so well.

really nice game today, pity he had to go so far up teh ground to get alot of it as with 10+ marks he should have had 5 shots at goal ect

The effort and execution was there so he did his job and more today, baby steps at this stage for teh team atleast for Dawes

we have copped some hate for picking him up but i was pretty happy with it from the start, come next year with a fully fit clark (hopefully), dawes and young hogan..yeah baby!

He plays 4 quarters which is important. Lost a few kilos and has good movement and ground coverage (although the closer to goal the better).

Overall I'm pretty pleased with what Dawes brings to the group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In 2010 there were three players we couldn't afford to lose, Dawes was one of them along with Jolly and Cloke. He was super important for our forward set up and that time his defensive pressure for a tall forward was best in the AFL Cloke's form was also largely dependent on Dawes being in the side and presenting as the other option. They both had huge tanks for their sizes and would literally run opposition defenders off their feet. His pack marking was also pretty good until he broke his finger in 2011. 2012 we played him out of position all season which I think diminished his value a lot. Glad to see him doing well.

I :hearts: Dawesy.

Love his attitude. Need more like him that aren't just going to sit there and take what has been dished up by this playing group for too long. No wonder he is in the leadership group after one pre-season at the club.

I still think Collingwood will regret getting rid of him for a guy like Lynch who only has a couple years at best left and is 30.

Buckley never should have tried to make Dawes into a ruckman. Dawes is a forward through and through.

Very much so.

Chris can be a bit iffy with his marking but he is a heart and soul player who gives 100% every time without fail. His work rate as a forward is only bettered by Nick Riewoldt. Fantastic to see him play so well today. Went through a rough patch with his kicking at one stage, but usually is a pretty good kick.

Hopefully his work rate will inspire the rest of his team. Should complement Clark and Hogan to form a quality attack in the coming years.

If there's a more appropriate thread this can be moved

Just wanted to give a huge tick to Chris Dawes

I was originally worried that the way we appeared to be playing in the first half of the season then Dawes would struggle massively

However after seeing his work rate an the way he presented As a lead up forward with working over an opponent around 30-70m mark and big Mitch working closer to goal teams will struggle to contain us, dawesy gave away a few frees but that was from hitting the packs hard and making a contest...
He won't take 15 marks and kick 8 but if we use him properly he will be a ok

More importantly the way he interrupted Neeld during his presser to re iterate that the players should be taking the blame and show his obvious disappointment showed me his made of exactly the right stuff .

Sure it was one game , but if a bloke that size can throw himself into tackles like that and demand that from his team mates we will be ok

I miss Chris Dawes ;'( He would have been great at FF considering we have Lynch now as a back up ruck.

COME BACK

Very much so.

Chris can be a bit iffy with his marking but he is a heart and soul player who gives 100% every time without fail. His work rate as a forward is only bettered by Nick Riewoldt. Fantastic to see him play so well today. Went through a rough patch with his kicking at one stage, but usually is a pretty good kick.

Hopefully his work rate will inspire the rest of his team. Should complement Clark and Hogan to form a quality attack in the coming years.

Chris Dawes is quality

Our acquisition of him last year will eventually be acknowledged as a very shrewd move.

Dawes, Clark, and Hogan will form the best forward line in the AFL.

There is light at the end of the tunnel

One thing is certain: The wheel will eventually turn. :)

Chris Dawes is quality

Our acquisition of him last year will eventually be acknowledged as a very shrewd move.

Dawes, Clark, and Hogan will form the best forward line in the AFL.

That is when/if we get the cattle to bring them the ball consistently. I just hope that next season we don't see the 3 of them standing around scratching their nuts while we get flogged.

If Dawes continues to apply himself like he has, he will quickly become very popular with the Melbourne faithful - if he hasn't done so already.

Reminds me of the way Mitch Clark was embraced by the fans. When both of them are on the park, we might actually be worth watching.

Then throw in some decent delivery and we may even win a game or two! :rainbow:

Leaving aside the money, is he worth Pick 20? Or would you rather have Brodie Grundy?

Yes
The leadership and work rate he brings means far more to this Melbourne side than a speculative draft pick
If Grundy becomes the next dean cox an dawesy retires in two years then ill regret that but for now he is exactly what we need

Remove this Banner Ad

Back