All things Chris Dawes - 2014 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

^ That was a good moment. I'll be honest I didn't have high hopes but I couldn't be happier with how he's going. Adds a lot to the side.

^ That was a good moment. I'll be honest I didn't have high hopes but I couldn't be happier with how he's going. Adds a lot to the side.

Yep same. Was sort of waiting to be disappointed before he came into the side, but after the Richmond game he was one of my faves.

Lunch is a better ruck man, that was the thinking I guess

Yeah i hear what you are saying, but a sh!t ruckman and a sh!t forward is still a sh!t footballer. Let face it, when Lynch was playing his best football, the Dees were a super competitive outfit...

He feels like one of ours now.

Is it too early to shove it down the throat of every opposition supporter who laughed at what we gave up for him? Thus far he's been worth very cent and then some.

Hogan, Clark, Watts, Dawes, Howe..

With some decent delivery to that forward line...wow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worth Pick 20 just for seeing a return of the long-sleeve jumper.

I expect next week for him to go the mid-2000s fashion trend of rolled up/3 quarter long sleeves with a bit of white, a la Yze, Johnstone.

Didn't these get banned and eventually led to whelan getting a fine ? .. Not %100 certain

Miss Dawesy!!! So happy to see him doing well. He sadly is what the pies need right now , a bit of heart and soul. Rather than looking good first and effort second.

Good pick up by the dees, cant wait to see him up forward with Clarke in Tandem

BUMP

watch dawesys interview on the MFC website, this guy could be captain of the club

Wouldn't be surprised if he was made Vice-captain. Very well spoken bloke.

BUMP

watch dawesys interview on the MFC website, this guy could be captain of the club
Definitely a leader but not enough onfield impact to be captain, great to have him at the club.

Dawesy would be the biggest spud of a captain in the league.

Harsh, but very true.

Guy is a solid 2nd forward who talks tough.

Wouldn't say biggest, would still be ahead of Nick Maxwell.

Can say somewhat from experience but also just observation, being a leader and being a captain are two completely different things. Especially in team sports one involves genuine passion and commitment and the other is often little more than a title and a formality, which comes with an immense amount of pressure to bear and accountability. It takes a special kind of player to be able to deal with the responsibilities of the captain which are actually mostly done off-field and even away from the playing group. This doesn't exclude the other players from even being the senior figures (more so than the captain) in 'leading' the team.

It's not cricket where the captain calls the shots.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back