All things Chris Dawes - 2014 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Dawes is all class in his attitude and commitment. As expected, his marking and disposal skills are looking much sharper, and he is excellent below his knees. His big tank allows him to cover lot's of ground and he is quick for a guy his size. Good pick up for Melbourne.

I present to you:
Chris Dawes moments which have left me firm
1. Chris Dawes crumbing and kicking a snap from 50 against the Bulldogs (my avatar)
2. Chris Dawes running through Seedsman against the pies last year.
3. Chris Dawes walking off the ground absolutely filthy after any loss
4. Chris Dawes First goal against the tiges, the fist pump.
5. Chris Dawes 2 goals outside 50 against Carlton
6. Chris Dawes crunching tackle against that adelaide squib.
7. Chris Dawes slapping the arm of Jack Watts to fire him up after a good effort on Dangerfield.
8. Pretty much anything Chris Dawes has done in a Melbourne Jumper.

I take my hat off to Neild for this one.

Twice he went after him. He wanted this man badly and whilst today he payed very well, his leadership is epic. He is just one of those blokes everyone stops to listen to when they talk.

Wattsy stick close.
Has been by far Neeld's greatest legacy.

(Not much competition for that title, mind you..)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

agcWbN.gif
dmJEvr.gif

Late to the party but, actually went to school with him (and Watts, but a year ahead of him).

Can attest he's a very nice bloke off the pitch aswell.

It's hard to imagine him ever being in school

Believe it or not, in the middle years of high school he was kind of a terror. Then come year 11/12 he was one of the most studious blokes going round.

Believe it or not, in the middle years of high school he was kind of a terror. Then come year 11/12 he was one of the most studious blokes going round.

Where did he play in his junior days? Id imagine he would have been a ruckman growing up on pure size dominating as a midfielder

Where did he play in his junior days? Id imagine he would have been a ruckman growing up on pure size dominating as a midfielder

From memory, played his representative footy at the Dragon's. Before that, maybe Rovers or Zebra's.

Dawes is one of those players that always puts in an effort. If he doesn't mark the ball or is out of position he finds a way to bring the ball to ground for crumbers. If there is no one then he does the crumbing himself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back