Sport All things CRICKET

Remove this Banner Ad

I see there's talk of replacing Burns with Marsh at the top of the order. If so I think the selectors have failed to learn lessons of the past five years. Need to give guys like Burns a chance to settle into the side.

There won't be a change to the Boxing Day test.Khwaja hasn't even played a game yet.Think he has a fitness test today.

Yep fitness test today I think then he'll play on the Thunder's next game.

I personally wouldn't be surprised if he is in for S. Marsh for Boxing Day, not saying it would be right call though as S. Marsh should get another go at 5 against Windies but also give Khawaja a bit more time to get the hammy right then he comes back in for Sydney test :thumbsu:

Yep fitness test today I think then he'll play on the Thunder's next game.

I personally wouldn't be surprised if he is in for S. Marsh for Boxing Day, not saying it would be right call though as S. Marsh should get another go at 5 against Windies but also give Khawaja a bit more time to get the hammy right then he comes back in for Sydney test :thumbsu:
That's what worries me. I'm convinced as a regular shield watcher that S.Marsh isn't the answer and will inevitably fail, worried that a sub standard Windies will pad out his performances and he'll get a Watson-esque amount of time in the side.

Uzzie in. Marsh out.

But they won't, they'll give a young player with a future in Burns the arse and he'll have to wait a long time for his next chance.

That's what worries me. I'm convinced as a regular shield watcher that S.Marsh isn't the answer and will inevitably fail, worried that a sub standard Windies will pad out his performances and he'll get a Watson-esque amount of time in the side.

Uzzie in. Marsh out.

But they won't, they'll give a young player with a future in Burns the arse and he'll have to wait a long time for his next chance.

Exactly ugh I'm really hoping that doesn't happen! Keep giving Burns chances please selectors!

Loving the Big Bash being back!
Haven't had a super close match yet but it's only a matter of time.
The most talent in this season of the Big Bash yet which is great to see that it's improving each year!
#GoTheSixers ;)

If the Windies bat first on boxing day I'm predicting 2 and half day test.

Currently struggling against a Vic XI at Kardinia Park (which will be a flat drop in) and only Travis Dean and Aaron Ayre have played a first class match both debuted for the Vics this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you're expecting it to rain for a day ?
lol yeah probably.

Also Cricket Australia missed a trick here.

It's a Victorian invitational XI. In the past when these type of tour matches have been "invitational" in nature, players from other states who are test fringe get invited to play. Perfect opportunity for Khawaja, Coulter-Nile, Burns to get a better hit out than a BBL match.

If the Windies bat first on boxing day I'm predicting 2 and half day test.

Currently struggling against a Vic XI at Kardinia Park (which will be a flat drop in) and only Travis Dean and Aaron Ayre have played a first class match both debuted for the Vics this season.

That explains why the lights were on at KP when I drove past earlier.

Not the most exciting game in BBL at the moment with Hobert 6/51 after 10 overs chasing 180 but oh well I'm a Sixers fan so I'm pleased with it!

Also thankful that there is another game tonight (Stars vs Thunder) so hopefully that one is more exciting! :)

Great win Sydney Thunder!
Best match of BBL05 so far!
If anyone had any doubts over how Khawaja is seeing the ball watch his century in this game!
Get him in Boxing Day :)

Fair dinkum ;) if Marsh showed the same confidence and belief in the test side as he did in the BBL he would be one of the best batsmen in the world...

Year after he year he looks sensational in the big bash

Fair dinkum ;) if Marsh showed the same confidence and belief in the test side as he did in the BBL he would be one of the best batsmen in the world...

Same could be said for the current West Indies team - imagine if the West Indian players lining up in the BBL were actually playing for their country, just how exciting could the test series be.

Naturally enough he got out soon after I posted this..

Frankly I'm amazed Khawaja managed to stay in after I pumped him up last night :D

The great man is retiring. A short gif montage is required to commemorate this sad occasion

CKV8AD.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back