Sport All things CRICKET

Remove this Banner Ad

Boland into the squad for NCN makes sense given he was in extended squad after NCN pretty sure.

Bird very unlucky.
Mennie very unlucky too.

Either way they won't be playing Boxing Day. Even though I wish Siddle wasn't playing but oh well.

The great man is retiring. A short gif montage is required to commemorate this sad occasion

CKV8AD.gif

the side on view of that is even better - I bought my tickets for that match on the Friday and I was sitting nearly square to the wicket, with a perfect uninterrupted view of the bails flying.

Boland into the squad for NCN makes sense given he was in extended squad after NCN pretty sure.

Bird very unlucky.
Mennie very unlucky too.

Either way they won't be playing Boxing Day. Even though I wish Siddle wasn't playing but oh well.
Boland into the squad...

Cricket board melting Kram81 ?? :D

Last edited:

Anyone hear this idea about playing a Big Bash game on Xmas day [I assume it means night] ?
Heard it on the news on radio the other night and it was briefly mentioned in last nights game.
Can't see it happening and hope it doesn't.

I agree in that I hope it doesn't happen - the first group they need to discuss this with is the cricketers themselves to see how they feel about the idea because above all else, they need to be available to play the match, and surely they are entitled to have a day such as Christmas day to spend with their family. If it was an option, the only fair teams to play on the day would be the Sydney or Melbourne derby, and not 2 interstate sides where one team is definitely in a situation where majority of players will be away from home for the day.

I know some people will argue that these guys are professionals and get paid enough that they should be willing to play at any stage, but how many of the guys playing in the BBL are actually full-time cricketers that get to make a living from the sport? We have the imports, & even some of the Aussies I know travel around playing T20 as their main form of the game, but there are also younger guys who are breaking into the squads and trying to prove themselves as deserving of playing for their state - I don't think it is fair on them to be given up a day with family just for the sport.

I'm with you - I don't see it happening and I hope it doesn't.

I agree in that I hope it doesn't happen - the first group they need to discuss this with is the cricketers themselves to see how they feel about the idea because above all else, they need to be available to play the match, and surely they are entitled to have a day such as Christmas day to spend with their family. If it was an option, the only fair teams to play on the day would be the Sydney or Melbourne derby, and not 2 interstate sides where one team is definitely in a situation where majority of players will be away from home for the day.
It's not just the cricketers,think of all the people that would have to work that day to have the game go ahead - staff to run the ground,catering,security,TV production crew

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glad the selectors held their nerve here. Correct XI IMO:

How exactly am I reading this. Thought the cricket board would have broken the server with this news.

Time to grab the popcorn I feel. This will be good reading :)

Pregame Boxing Day showing all our Test retirees from 2015 & seeing the list you realise it's been a massive transition for the Test team this year!

Rogers
Harris
Watson
Clarke
Johnson
Haddin

Some incredible players there!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back