All Things Dean Towers - Season 2016 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

The centre for all things Dean Towers!

Post all your Dean Towers praise/rants/discussion/debate/criticism/love comments/hate comments/analysis/news/questions/answers etc. in here and not some other Non-Towers-specific off topic thread.

Have at it everyone.

Like i mentioned in the other post what he did in the finals should hopefully be his baseline performance in every game going forward if he does that well he could have a career.

Yer you cant forget all the other bad games but for some players it only takes one game for it to click.

Hoping he can build off his Finals performances, and take his game to another level next year. Could be a very handy player for us. Plus, I have a man-crush on him, as everyone already knows. :p

The thing I feel with Dean Towers is that he's clearly a confidence player and it is hard to build confidence that you belong at the highest level if you don't get continuity. I think the fact that he's been in and out of the team for most of his career, and usually been the first to be dropped has not allowed him to come into his own. In some games he simply didn't play well enough and deserved to be dropped, but in others like R2 vs. Port, he played fine (14 touches, 2 goals) and was dropped soon after anyway.

Now that he's shown what he can do, I hope he gets more opportunity to cement his spot especially with Goodesy retiring. I'd like Horse to guarantee his spot for a block of 3 or 4 games to give him a chance to nail down that spot, once he's cemented his spot in the 22 and knows that he belongs I think he'll deliver consistently good performances.

Had two good games against Gold Coast and in the Fremantle final.

Two more than I thought he would have.

Was like Gary Ablett snr in 1989 in the finals apparently

Jesus, mate. Let people celebrate some good performances, and have confidence in one of their players without being condescending. You can have your own thoughts on him, but I don't see why comments like these are necessary.

Jesus, mate. Let people celebrate some good performances, and have confidence in one of their players without being condescending. You can have your own thoughts on him, but I don't see why comments like these are necessary.
1442042834917.jpg

Haters gonna hate

Works both ways, few people sook at any suggestion sydney arent perfect

Towers played 2 reasonably good finals, said at the time it was good, theres a spot there if he is good enough

Works both ways, few people sook at any suggestion sydney arent perfect

Towers played 2 reasonably good finals, said at the time it was good, theres a spot there if he is good enough

Think there's a big difference between optimism and thinking we're perfect.

Don't want to go too off-topic, so we'll have to agree to disagree. At least we can agree on the last part of your post. :thumbsu:

EDIT: Also thinks it's amusing how we seemingly threw in a minor Dean Towers reference at the end of our posts to keep it relatively on-topic. :p

Just needs to keep the confidence going. You know what does that? Consistent seniors games, and with Goodes and Jetta gone, there a 2 holes he can fill. as the tools, just needs more games.

Just needs to keep the confidence going. You know what does that? Consistent seniors games, and with Goodes and Jetta gone, there a 2 holes he can fill. as the tools, just needs more games.
I think he will be more into Goodes' role next year. Might be good for a goal a game and hopefully some good forward pressure

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I liked him from the NAB. He seems to be able to bring other players into the action and hustles well.

He will settle into the team ala Laidler and be considered a 'must have' in time.

All we need now is for Gary to stop running into players ....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back