Mega Thread All things Heritier Lumumba (Good luck H. Thread closed)

What do you think of Heritier possibly going?

• Too much drama - let him go

Votes: 204 64.2%
  • Not a good footballer anymore - let him go

Votes: 75 23.6%
  • We should try to hang onto him

Votes: 40 12.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, I think there's an element of truth to what you're saying. H probably does get too heated. But that's something a good man-manager would be able to work with, and it seems Buckley has failed there. At least H gets heated over upholding standards and being inclusive: don't be racist, don't be homophobic, etc. He's not at all like Robinson or Garlett, etc, who are on the outer because they wouldn't uphold standards. H is professional. He will be a loss to the club. He gives us experience and dash. We're kidding ourselves if we think we'll be better when he's gone.
There is such thing as those who become unmanageable.
I used an analogy in another thread.
It's a typical case of the students trying out the new teacher. This one student was pretty much silenced by the old one and has taken the opportunity to let loose when the new teacher arrives. The class clown uses new opportunities to voice an opinion but uses it to disrupt.
People to be responsible for their own actions. If the stories of unrest are true, the players should be ashamed of themselves for behaving like school kids acting out because their beloved old teacher is gone.
To think that we laughed at Kouta and his mates for sooking about Pagan.

You know, I think there's an element of truth to what you're saying. H probably does get too heated. But that's something a good man-manager would be able to work with, and it seems Buckley has failed there. At least H gets heated over upholding standards and being inclusive: don't be racist, don't be homophobic, etc. He's not at all like Robinson or Garlett, etc, who are on the outer because they wouldn't uphold standards. H is professional. He will be a loss to the club. He gives us experience and dash. We're kidding ourselves if we think we'll be better when he's gone.

I actually like H both as a player and what he stands for. I am not arguing for us to move him on. However I do not agree with people blaming Buckley's man management style for how H responds to things. 'You can lead a horse to water' as they say...but at some stage in a football environment you weigh up the individual against the team needs - especially if you already have tried to help the individual.

Leigh Mathews is a 4 time premiership coach and he had difficulty handling Aker - very publicly as well. Not matter how good a man manager you are there will always be individuals where after trying, and things not changing the club needs to cut their losses. At some stage the conversation becomes 'we feel we have done everything we can to support you and address the issues you believe in but you remain unhappy and it is starting to affect the team'.

I'd prefer that H stays, he provides us things we don't have on field, but IMHO it isn't Buckley's fault if the decision is made for him to be elsewhere.

If the decision has been made; let's promote the positives...

Interesting reading in todays Age of his professionalism and desire to not only get the best out of himself, but also to succeed at a high level. Pretty extreme and dedicated to measure all of your food, and it may reflect a bit of Lumumba the man. From a rookie pick to a 'pies premiership player, the hard work paid off.

Think of the wisdom he can impart at another club.

I actually like H both as a player and what he stands for. I am not arguing for us to move him on. However I do not agree with people blaming Buckley's man management style for how H responds to things. 'You can lead a horse to water' as they say...but at some stage in a football environment you weigh up the individual against the team needs - especially if you already have tried to help the individual.

Leigh Mathews is a 4 time premiership coach and he had difficulty handling Aker - very publicly as well. Not matter how good a man manager you are there will always be individuals where after trying, and things not changing the club needs to cut their losses. At some stage the conversation becomes 'we feel we have done everything we can to support you and address the issues you believe in but you remain unhappy and it is starting to affect the team'.

I'd prefer that H stays, he provides us things we don't have on field, but IMHO it isn't Buckley's fault if the decision is made for him to be elsewhere.

You know, I agree with that - in terms of the reasoning. I guess we're not going to know exactly what's going on behing closed doors - in fact, we're really having a discussion without all the details (apart from H's criticism of Eddie last year, which I thought was fair enough, and the 'poster' which also seems okay to me). But the Lane article suggests that the club has the problem, as did Roos on AFL 360. So that suggests H is nothing like Aker, who lets face it, is an idiot. I just can't imagine H having done anything so bad that it's irreconcilable. So he speaks up, gets emotional - doesn't sound so bad to me. And we need him badly at the moment. So I've got some pretty big questions. And from the outside it seems like the problem is with Buckley and/or the club.

You know, I agree with that - in terms of the reasoning. I guess we're not going to know exactly what's going on behing closed doors - in fact, we're really having a discussion without all the details (apart from H's criticism of Eddie last year, which I thought was fair enough, and the 'poster' which also seems okay to me). But the Lane article suggests that the club has the problem, as did Roos on AFL 360. So that suggests H is nothing like Aker, who lets face it, is an idiot. I just can't imagine H having done anything so bad that it's irreconcilable. So he speaks up, gets emotional - doesn't sound so bad to me. And we need him badly at the moment. So I've got some pretty big questions. And from the outside it seems like the problem is with Buckley and/or the club.
We will have to disagree on the Buckley issue regards H Finnishpie, as i cant say much more regards the issue without being uncomfortable doing so.

There is such thing as those who become unmanageable.
I used an analogy in another thread.
It's a typical case of the students trying out the new teacher. This one student was pretty much silenced by the old one and has taken the opportunity to let loose when the new teacher arrives. The class clown uses new opportunities to voice an opinion but uses it to disrupt.
People to be responsible for their own actions. If the stories of unrest are true, the players should be ashamed of themselves for behaving like school kids acting out because their beloved old teacher is gone.
To think that we laughed at Kouta and his mates for sooking about Pagan.

I suggest you listen to our former captain on H: he's genuine, he's not sensitive, he's professional, he's one of the fittest, etc. Doesn't sound unmanageable to me.

http://www.sen.com.au/display-article-2013/Nick-Maxwell-on-Lumumba/71406

Pro's for keeping H
- he has a great ability to break the lines and run the ball from the back line to midfield/forwards
- quick
- experience, no matter where the club is situated (rebuild, in contention, not yet there but nearly in contention), you always need a blend of experience and youth. H brings plenty of experience 199 games.
- premiership player
- loves the club, have heard both Maxy and Bally say in the media that H loves Collingwood.
- great work ethic

Pro's for trading H
- he threaten to quit last year and the idea has come about again. There are obvious issues between him and the club, it might be best to part ways, before it all completely unravels.
- he is getting slower, ability to break the lines etc is decreasing.
- if he stays and the relationship gets worse throughout 2015, that is bad for everyone. On this point his trade value also declines
- three winners.
Us: unlikely we win another premiership with him in the team. Trade for a player that adds value for a tilt at the premiership or draft picks.
H: gets a fresh start at a club where he can be of use to a club near a premiership or added experience to a club rebuilding
Another club: as stated above. H would be a great fit for a club that is rebuilding and the added influence of a premiership player with his work ethic has plenty of positives. At bit like the role Heath Shaw is playing at GWS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suggest you listen to our former captain on H: he's genuine, he's not sensitive, he's professional, he's one of the fittest, etc. Doesn't sound unmanageable to me.

http://www.sen.com.au/display-article-2013/Nick-Maxwell-on-Lumumba/71406
I suggest you also listen to his manager who says that H focusses on the 20% that' wrong not the 80% that's right all the time and his team mates are getting jack of it because frankly he is just coming across as a negative person far too often.

geez, mid-to late 20s pick, i'd almost take that instead of clarke at this stage.
Well it may end up that we get a second rounder for Harry while giving up a third rounder for Clark by the sounds of that article. If that happens I'd see it as a massive win.

Eagles, Bulldogs? or Roo's Tigers?

Well it may end up that we get a second rounder for Harry while giving up a third rounder for Clark by the sounds of that article. If that happens I'd see it as a massive win.

Our third rounder will be something like Pick 47, sounds like almost a rip off, but would be a really nice result. I'm thinking it might be something like Lumumba for Clarke and and an exchange of second round picks or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back