Mega Thread All things Heritier Lumumba (Good luck H. Thread closed)

What do you think of Heritier possibly going?

• Too much drama - let him go

Votes: 204 64.2%
  • Not a good footballer anymore - let him go

Votes: 75 23.6%
  • We should try to hang onto him

Votes: 40 12.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Melbourne have made it known they want big bodied mids, so they are not going to give up pick 2 as they will want either brayshaw or petracca.

I think pick 22 is the deal which is pretty favourable to us.

If the dees get pick 2 and 3, and then use their fs pick on stretch then that's probably all they need as they'll also get another pick for clark. I don't think they are overly interested in draft picks. They want some ready made guys

Pick 22 for a 28yo Harry seems high. I suspect it will be a little later than that. Wellingham and Dawes were considered far more valuable at the time they were traded and we were very pleased to be getting picks 17 & 20.

Mahoney basically admitted the Vince deal is around the mark depending on what we want and what they are willing to give up (we might be looking for a player).
Ben Niall suggested a mid to late 2nd rounder a late pick in 20s likely.

Melb don't have a late 20s pick and I think we will push for their 2nd rounder should it not be used on Stretch as FS, Roos doesn't rate picks and will likely okay the deal.

http://audioboom.com/boos/2519228-josh-mahoney

Link to the Mahoney interview.

Melbourne would be stupid enough to do that. I'd throw in pick 46 if we had to.

Something like that might be on the cards me thinks.

If we can walk away with:

Picks 4, 8, 22, 24, 28 before compo that would be massive.

4, 24 and young potential player from Brisbane.

22 for H.

8, 28 is ours prob use on Moore unless a miracle happens and he goes 2nd round..

It is not a poor draft it is just very even after the first 4 and therefore hard to predict who at AFL level will rise above.

Seems a few teams are conning on to what they can get for the coveted number 1 pick.

In saying that some years it is damn well worth holding on too.
You could get 2 first round and a player for number 1. There hasn't been to many drafts where the number 1 pick is the 1 player

3 way trade involving Brisbane and Gold Coast sending Beams to Brisbane, Pick 24 & Lions Player to Gold Coast & Picks 4 & 7 to Collingwood.

Lumumba + Pick 4 + Pick 28 to Melbourne for Picks 2 & 22.

So we lose Beams, Lumumba & Pick 28

Gain Picks 2, 7, 22

So we would go into the draft with picks 2, 7, 8, 22.

Ideally id love to see Brayshaw, Pickett, Moore, Duggan taken with those picks

love it win/win/win/win/win/win go pies!

take 32 and Tapscott Tapscott would added some bastard factor to the backline, god knows how the pies were soft as s**t down back this year.

most people would say that Pick #22 for Harry would be a little high. and given that Brisbane are stalling with beams I wonder if the following may occur

Collingwood trade Beams in exchange for #4 and Merrett
Collingwood then on trade Merrett and Lubumba with pick #45 in exchange for Melbourne Pick #22 and #39

(Log in to remove this ad.)

most people would say that Pick #22 for Harry would be a little high. and given that Brisbane are stalling with beams I wonder if the following may occur

Collingwood trade Beams in exchange for #4 and Merrett
Collingwood then on trade Merrett and Lubumba with pick #45 in exchange for Melbourne Pick #22 and #39

You can't trade for a player & then trade him out in the same trade period. You can on trade draft picks but not players.

take 32 and Tapscott Tapscott would added some bastard factor to the backline, god knows how the pies were soft as s**t down back this year.

Could get Mitch Robinson to do the same thing

I wouldn't mind exploring a deal for Jimmy Toumpas, wasted at Melbourne who have no idea how to develop kids. He could be a real gun, very tall, HFF into the midfield.

I wouldn't mind exploring a deal for Jimmy Toumpas, wasted at Melbourne who have no idea how to develop kids. He could be a real gun, very tall, HFF into the midfield.

Melbourne have Roos now. Developing kids isn't their problem anymore. He's apart of their future he won't be givwn up. Viney was taken in the same draft and has improved under Roos. Toumpas will too.

Smart move by the saints no1 pick is so overrated you can so much for that pick in the market

Funny, I can't remember the last time Saints made a "smart" decision in trade or draft period. I have a good friend who is a Saints supporter and he swears they are ******* up there in management.

1993Darren GasparSydneySouth FremantleWAFL
1994Jeff WhiteFremantleDandenong StingraysTAC Cup
1995Clive WaterhouseFremantlePort Adelaide MagpiesSANFL
1996Michael GardinerWest Coast EaglesClaremontWAFL
1997Travis JohnstoneMelbourneDandenong StingraysTAC Cup
1998Des HeadlandBrisbane LionsSubiacoWAFL
1999Josh FraserCollingwoodMurray BushrangersTAC Cup
2000Nick RiewoldtSt KildaSouthport SharksQAFL
2001Luke HodgeHawthornGeelong FalconsTAC Cup
2002Brendon GoddardSt KildaGippsland PowerTAC Cup
2003Adam CooneyWestern BulldogsWest AdelaideSANFL
2004Brett DeledioRichmondMurray BushrangersTAC Cup
2005Marc MurphyCarltonOakleigh ChargersTAC Cup
2006Bryce GibbsCarltonGlenelgSANFL
2007Matthew KreuzerCarltonNorthern KnightsTAC Cup
2008Jack WattsMelbourneSandringham DragonsTAC Cup
2009Tom ScullyMelbourneDandenong StingraysTAC Cup
2010David SwallowGold CoastEast Fremantle Football ClubWAFL
2011Jonathon PattonGreater Western SydneyEastern RangesTAC Cup
2012Lachie WhitfieldGreater Western SydneyDandenong StingraysTAC Cup
2013Tom BoydGreater Western SydneyEastern RangesTAC Cup

All number 1 picks since 93, certainly a very mixed result.

Smart move by the saints no1 pick is so overrated you can so much for that pick in the market

You could get 2 first round and a player for number 1. There hasn't been to many drafts where the number 1 pick is the 1 player

It's amazing when you go through the number ones. Eg Luke Hodge against Jack Watts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back