wowlace

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 15, 2010
Kewarra Beach
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Washington Wizards
But Melbourne are the club thats been willing to do deals - Carlton, Richmond and the Western Bulldogs just whine at us.

Tbh I don't know your list at all. Too many kids to keep up with. * I don't even know who is own our list ATM. Just a bunch of no names.

But Melbourne are the club thats been willing to do deals - Carlton, Richmond and the Western Bulldogs just whine at us.
But what does GWS need that melbourne have?

IanW

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
#Exers

CTHORANGE

Premiership Player
May 7, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yes. Yes we do.

I mean, you've seen how rapidly injury can ravage KPF stocks, right ?

Yep and you can also get an abrupt reality check when you realise how crappy your second liners are when asked to take up the mantle, e.g. Fitzpatrick and Pedersen

IanW

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
#Exers
Yep and you can also get an abrupt reality check when you realise how crappy your second liners are when asked to take up the mantle, e.g. Fitzpatrick and Pedersen

And then they get hurt too, and you realise that even Setanta o'hAilpin is better than someone who just cant create a contest.

Yes. Yes we do.

I mean, you've seen how rapidly injury can ravage KPF stocks, right ?
True, maybe we should just use the picks on key forwards

Absolutely.

But if you traded for them, you could get, say, Jaksch and Tomlinson and another mid in Whiley as steak knives.
Maybe Patton? Has he signed?

Well and truly, and is getting games in first grade.

Drop your sights to the guys who arent playing firsts.
Haha not for a top pick, we've used enough top picks on reserve players

CWaffles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls, NY Giants
Would love O'Rourke, Plowman or Jaksch. All could be another Dom Tyson for us...hopefully GWS get some games into them during this season.

Hate to break it to you, but Dom Tyson wasnt guaranteed a spot in our firsts.
Even before he was drafted Dom Tyson was one of the best young midfield talents I've seen (definitely better than Scully and Trengove). He'd just had a bad run with injuries and development at GWS. The elite potential was still blindingly obvious. If we trade another top 3 pick to you guys it's going to have to be for someone similarly good.

IanW

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
#Exers
Even before he was drafted Dom Tyson was one of the best young midfield talents I've seen (definitely better than Scully and Trengove). He'd just had a bad run with injuries and development at GWS. The elite potential was still blindingly obvious. If we trade another top 3 pick to you guys it's going to have to be for someone similarly good.

I suspect a deal will be done, but it'll be for a package of players and picks.

wowlace

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 15, 2010
Kewarra Beach
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Washington Wizards
Hate to break it to you, but Dom Tyson wasnt guaranteed a spot in our firsts.

That says something about how many concessions* you received if a kid like Dom couldn't get a game. You are overflowing with young talent.

* Yes we had our fair share, but you guys damn near took 2 whole drafts. Bound to have a good hit rate with that.

And I am not complaining about the expansion concessions, I have no problem with it. So no need to get on the defence in regards to that.

IanW

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
#Exers
So Boyd then?

Melbourne can have a go at Boyd if they want.

He's in his first year, happily learning his trade as a ruckman who drifts forward, and we'll be putting a contract extension under his nose in the next twelve months.

Importantly, he comes out of contract at the end of 2015 - and if he's interested in leaving GWS, you can join the queue with Carlton, Freo and the Dogs as clubs looking for a KPF.

Remember, GWS are *good* at this contracts and keeping hold of kids stuff.

May 6, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Well assuming Clark was on about 600-700k, I think Frawley would be around the 450k mark, that's a lot of coin to throw at a couple of decent players. I don't know if any of these have signed but Walker,Westhoff and Mundy would be the sorts I would target.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
It's round 3 and we are already talking priority picks and compensation of pick 2or pick 3 if we can climb up the ladder LOL. I think I might start watching eastern ranges matches now, probably higher skilled.

So same as last year or were we on that by topic by quarter time of round 2?

Back