All things James Frawley - pick #3 compensation

Remove this Banner Ad

O'Rourke is one we'd definitely be looking at this year, though I don't think he has as much worth as Dom Tyson did. Would have similar or lesser trade value to Jimmy Toumpas - probably a late first rounder (potentially even an early second rounder) and a player, as well as a couple of upgrades of later round picks.

O'Rourke is one we'd definitely be looking at this year, though I don't think he has as much worth as Dom Tyson did. Would have similar or lesser trade value to Jimmy Toumpas - probably a late first rounder (potentially even an early second rounder) and a player, as well as a couple of upgrades of later round picks.

None of those things have value to GWS.

If you want to do a deal with my club, say 'Maybe a two for a six and O'Rourke'.

None of those things have value to GWS.

If you want to do a deal with my club, say 'Maybe a two for a six and O'Rourke'.
I'm hearing from all over the place that JOR is walking at the end of the year. Only if he wants to come to Melbourne will a deal be done otherwise the club will work a deal with his preference which is sad but the way of the world now.

I'm hearing from all over the place that JOR is walking at the end of the year. Only if he wants to come to Melbourne will a deal be done otherwise the club will work a deal with his preference which is sad but the way of the world now.

I'd be surprised if any very good player who is stuck in GWS's seconds doesnt walk - and I'd think my club is betraying the kid if they didnt assist them in finding somewhere they can continue their career.

The trick for Melbourne will be getting him to go there ... can I suggest what worked to get Scully to come to us, which is to say Large Bags of cash ?

I'd be surprised if any very good player who is stuck in GWS's seconds doesnt walk - and I'd think my club is betraying the kid if they didnt assist them in finding somewhere they can continue their career.

The trick for Melbourne will be getting him to go there ... can I suggest what worked to get Scully to come to us, which is to say Large Bags of cash ?
Exactly what I was thinking. 200k would be plenty for a kid with 1 or 2 games up.

Hahaha IMO he can go to Carlton for any more than that.

And if your club thinks like you, welcome to another decade of hell.

It'd be a treacherous, Junior-class betrayal to ship him out to a club that intends to screw his future over like that to save a few bucks.

If thats all you're offering, I'd prefer to send him to St Kilda for pick 48, as long as they were willing to offer him what we paid Lamb.

It'd be a treacherous, Junior-class betrayal to ship him out to a club that intends to screw his future over like that to save a few bucks.

If thats all you're offering, I'd prefer to send him to St Kilda for pick 48, as long as they were willing to offer him what we paid Lamb.

I'd be happy to pay a bit more for a player who's remotely proven at AFL level.... O'Rourke isn't even proven in the 2nds.

I thought he was a poor choice.

I'd be happy to pay a bit more for a player who's remotely proven at AFL level.... O'Rourke isn't even proven in the 2nds.

I thought he was a poor choice.

Then Im happy for GWS to get a ham sandwich and maybe a can of solo in exchange, as long as the kid who has played hard for us as his body gets right gets looked after.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GAGF with your 200k.

If you're going to lowball him like that, then he can go play for Carlton or someone.

Mate come on, With the amount of talent on your list theres no way his next extension at GWS is anywhere near 200k, 200k for 2 years at melbourne with almost a guarantee of senior selection should be good enough, If he plays well in his first season it could always be extended and increased

I know nothing of him though cant say ive seen any of your reserves really

O'Rourke has played one AFL game. He's hardly enormous capital at the moment. And I'm not sure how paying Jono $200k a year as part of his second AFL contract is 'screw[ing] his future over' anyway. He's liable for a pay increase once he actually starts to deliver on field, and he's not going to get that opportunity at GWS. He's almost guaranteed at Melbourne though.

That's just my opinion. The way I see it, it's a decent pay increase for 2 years of pretty much guaranteed footy should he perform. Considering he's relatively untested at afl level I see it as more than fair.

#2 GWS (Via Gold Coast) - Jonothan O’Rourke (VIC - Mid)
Height: 183cm, Weight: 75kg, DOB: 21/04/1994
Recruited from: Calder Cannons
Style: Brett Deledio
Player comparison:
Range: 2-6
Profile: Missed most of the 2011 season with a hamstring injury but has come back hard in 2012 and shown us just how good he is. O’Rouke is a very explosive, highly skills inside receiver. He has some balance between inside and outside game but I wouldn’t consider him a master of either with limited inside ball winning ability and an average linkup game. Maybe not your most natural ball winner but he attacks the ball hard. Very good all rounder who stands out most is his ball use, particularly by foot which is just so good for an inside player. Finds targets consistently by foot, has some hurt factor and finishes beautifully around goal. Decision making ability good and chooses the right target more often than not. Is also a very good athlete and has great pace with the ability to burst away from packs and a nice leap on him. Very good in congestion and has that great decision making ability choosing the right targets even while pressured which is impressive. He is more your inside receiver who benefits from the work of the stronger, ball winning inside midfielders who can accelerate away from the contest and deliver to the targets up the ground by foot and this is more what I see his role as but not so sure that inside game ever develops and makes him into that Dangerfield explosive type inside guy who can win his own ball even though his explosiveness is just as good. One move I’d consider with O’Rourke is a move onto a back flank at some stage. 1v1 game will need to get stronger but with his elite pace and footskills he could become a real weapon off a back flank for a team.

#3 GWS - Dom Tyson (VIC - Mid)
Height: 186cm, Weight: 82kg, DOB: 08/06/1993
Recruited from: Oakleigh Chargers
Style: Simon Black
Player comparison:
Range: 3-5
Profile: Real standout throughout the champs and has really risen up the rankings in a hurry. Really good genuine footballer who doesn’t stand out athletically, but can do it all. Left footer, but can use his right, and use it well when he needs to. Has a really high work rate and has great endurance. Has great vision. Skill level is exceptional for an inside player and has all the footy smarts and decision making ability you could hope for. Big time ball accumulator who should have a fairly immediate impact at the next level through the midfield.
Why: It is Tyson v Wingard for this selection. I think Wingard is the better talent, but I do think with the way Tyson performed throughout the U18 champs and the way he closed out the season that he might just go that one selection highe

That's just my opinion. The way I see it, it's a decent pay increase for 2 years of pretty much guaranteed footy should he perform. Considering he's relatively untested at afl level I see it as more than fair.

If you dont want to pay the man, thats fine.

It just means he wont play for you.

Player comparison:
Profile: Missed most of the 2011 season with a hamstring injury but has come back hard in 2012 and shown us just how good he is. O’Rouke is a very explosive, highly skills inside receiver. He has some balance between inside and outside game but I wouldn’t consider him a master of either with limited inside ball winning ability and an average linkup game. Maybe not your most natural ball winner but he attacks the ball hard. Very good all rounder who stands out most is his ball use, particularly by foot which is just so good for an inside player. Finds targets consistently by foot, has some hurt factor and finishes beautifully around goal. Decision making ability good and chooses the right target more often than not. Is also a very good athlete and has great pace with the ability to burst away from packs and a nice leap on him. Very good in congestion and has that great decision making ability choosing the right targets even while pressured which is impressive. He is more your inside receiver who benefits from the work of the stronger, ball winning inside midfielders who can accelerate away from the contest and deliver to the targets up the ground by foot and this is more what I see his role as but not so sure that inside game ever develops and makes him into that Dangerfield explosive type inside guy who can win his own ball even though his explosiveness is just as good. One move I’d consider with O’Rourke is a move onto a back flank at some stage. 1v1 game will need to get stronger but with his elite pace and footskills he could become a real weapon off a back flank for a team.

Player comparison:
Profile: Real standout throughout the champs and has really risen up the rankings in a hurry. Really good genuine footballer who doesn’t stand out athletically, but can do it all. Left footer, but can use his right, and use it well when he needs to. Has a really high work rate and has great endurance. Has great vision. Skill level is exceptional for an inside player and has all the footy smarts and decision making ability you could hope for. Big time ball accumulator who should have a fairly immediate impact at the next level through the midfield.
Why: It is Tyson v Wingard for this selection. I think Wingard is the better talent, but I do think with the way Tyson performed throughout the U18 champs and the way he closed out the season that he might just go that one selection highe
What is this meant to mean? They were recruited in different years so recruiters and draft analysts wouldn't have even compared them.

Player comparison:

Player comparison:

Your more than welcome to read the Draft profile of Jack Trengove and Jack Watts and thereby offering them massive pay rises and awesome draft picks to us
All that is is what they showed they could do against kids there own age not how they handle the pressure of doing it against men

Your more than welcome to read the Draft profile of Jack Trengove and Jack Watts and thereby offering them massive pay rises and awesome draft picks to us
All that is is what they showed they could do against kids there own age not how they handle the pressure of doing it against men

It's fine.

You dont want him at Melbourne.

Im sure Silvagni will find a club that does want him.

Arguably if he wants to walk he should be convinced to walk into the PSD if we get the spoon

Now THATS when we can start talking decent $$ with him.

Thats my base scenario for him ending up at Melbourne ... if you're vaguely OK with going to the bottom side, as a player, you hold all the cards with every club.

TLDR : Dont lowball him and piss him off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back