All things James Frawley - pick #3 compensation

Remove this Banner Ad

If he does decide to go, I think you will find Essendon is in this up to their necks. Watch this space.
Where on earth would they get the cap space to fit in Frawley on 600k a year? I find that hard to believe.

Also it wouldn't be the greatest vote of confidence in Hurley and Carlisle.

Where on earth would they get the cap space to fit in Frawley on 600k a year? I find that hard to believe.

I would have thought essendon are well covered for Key Backs...

Essentially they still have the Crameri $$$$ available ($400 odd k). Flecther will retire at season's end and we are just about there. The space is not a significant issue.

The view is they are short another tall and Frawley would provide flexibility especially given the draft sanctions imposed.

If he leaves ( and I am not convinced he will) he's looking for a club with a clear direction for the future. Given recent events at Essendon, I can't see him wanting to jump out of the frying pan and into the fire, so to speak. If I recall, Brent Moloney was "dead set" going to Essendon at the end of 2011.

I am not convinced he will leave either just sharing what i have heard. Any player who walks through the True Value Solar Centre is amazed, dont underestimate Essendon's ability to attract players.

If he leaves, Essendon are in this up to their necks. Certainly Frawley's management hasnt advised any different.

However, he needs to decide to leave first and that hasn't happened.

Essentially they still have the Crameri $$$$ available ($400 odd k). Flecther will retire at season's end and we are just about there. The space is not a significant issue.

The view is they are short another tall and Frawley would provide flexibility especially given the draft sanctions imposed.
Lies, Fletcher's about to hit his prime..

I am not convinced he will leave either just sharing what i have heard. Any player who walks through the True Value Solar Centre is amazed, dont underestimate Essendon's ability to attract players.

If he leaves, Essendon are in this up to their necks. Certainly Frawley's management hasnt advised any different.

Oh really? Have you been talking to his manager?

I wouldn't have thought so, they're fairly well off for kpp stocks, would be more interested in a mid I would have thought, Carlton. Haw, freo, Adelaide , WC would all head the queue

Can I ask how he got on with Rivers , if he is UFA and he wants a fresh club may may ask someone he knows for his version of a club thats after him. 800? Not at Geelong thats for sure

Don't think there was any issues between Rivers and other players, he just got a better offer from a club that was basically guaranteed finals football.

I think he'll go to Hawthorn. Lake is getting old and they have plenty of cap space.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would have thought the only real competition for him would come from Collingwood and Hawthorn, Both have cap space and both would be in the market for a Key defender

The success of White up forward means we have the luxury to play Reid either forward or back depending on injuries/opposition while the emergence of Frost means our Premiership FB in Nathan Brown is playing in the VFL. We are also heavily tipped to pickup Moore through F/S at the end of the year who can play either CHF or CHB.

Not saying we won't look at him, but I think it's unlikely we'll push hard.

If Carlton didn't blow their load on Daisy, they'd be pushing quite hard too. Adelaide will want his services also, as will Freo to replace Rutten and McPharlin respectively. But would Frawley want to leave Victoria? Did he get along well with Sylvia?

Maybe, I don't know. But with Lake nearing the end and the Buddy war-chest at their disposal, Hawthorn will get Frawley if he leaves IMO. Can offer Frawley success without leaving the state and have the money to pay him well.

Seriously?

It's true. The swirly, flashy, bright lights look really cool and trippy when you're walking through after a few complimentary jabs of aod.

God damn you brought tears to my eyes, cant stop laughing.

Essendon supporters, ******* half wits.

At a player signing yesterday.
Asked him "You probably get sick of being asked, but are you staying at the Dees next year?"
Answer "Hopefully"

I'm optimistic that he'll re-sign if both parties can agree on terms.

At a player signing yesterday.
Asked him "You probably get sick of being asked, but are you staying at the Dees next year?"
Answer "Hopefully"

I'm optimistic that he'll re-sign if both parties can agree on terms.

Well my thoughts now are this

We have improved as a club to the point where if you were waiting to see improvement you may aswell sign on now
If you wanted to leave to chase a premiership their is no more we can do

At the start of the year Frawley wanted us to prove to him why he should stay
I say we should put a contract infront of him now and say if you don't want it then we will be ok without ya

Remove this Banner Ad

Back