All things James Frawley - pick #3 compensation

Remove this Banner Ad

. They've had some injury problems but Buckley isn't getting the best out of Swan, Ball, Cloke, etc either.

You state the above, then you go on to mention thathe isn't getting the best out of a few players. BUT, you mentioned players that have been injured for much the season or missed the pre-season.

Swan's wrists meant he missed pre-season after having surgery (and he can't bend them). He's also got the foot issue (which I reckon he has been playing with for a while).

Ball has had issues all year, not much that can be done about that. The bloke has put his body on the line for years and is now paying the price.

Cloke has had a bad season. It happens. This one isn't Buckley's fault, it's between Cloke's ears.

Bringing in depth spuds like White and Armstrong doesn't help, or signing Quinten Lynch as your starting centre-half forward.

We had a gap that needed to be filled. Just like how you guys are playing Frawley forward because Clark left. Care to name other forwards who we could have picked up? Yes we could have kept Dawes, but he hadn't been offering what we needed and we needed to see if we could do better.

You state the above, then you go on to mention thathe isn't getting the best out of a few players. BUT, you mentioned players that have been injured for much the season or missed the pre-season. Swan's wrists meant he missed pre-season after having surgery (and he can't bend them). He's also got the foot issue (which I reckon he has been playing with for a while).

We had a gap that needed to be filled. Just like how you guys are playing Frawley forward because Clark left. Care to name other forwards who we could have picked up?

If Frawley stays he goes back to defense when Hogan is fit. You didn't send Lynch back to West Coast this year and you won't send Jesse White back to Sydney next year. There are plenty of tall forwards around the place - pick any one of them and it'll likely be an improvement on Lynch. Or Buckley could've kept Dawes - I'd prefer he had. It's up there with Voss picking up Buchanan, Raines, Xavier Clarke and company in the bizarre list management stakes.

A fit Collingwood team with Frawley at FB and Reid up forward next to Cloke would be very competitive. There's a fair bit of youth about Collingwood too so i can see how it would be appealing. Still hope Chip stays.

He Could Stay but all the Sounds being made about him. It seem Highly Unlikely.

Seems Roos and Him are not on the Same Page

He Could Stay but all the Sounds being made about him. It seem Highly Unlikely.

Seems Roos and Him are not on the Same Page

I've not seen anything to suggest Roos and Frawley aren't on the same page. Until there is evidence pointing elsewhere, Frawley is doing nothing more than testing the market of his worth and can decide on his future at seasons end, something that will become more commonplace with free agency. It may turn out that he's had a Buddy type agreement since the start of the year but until that is confirmed at the end of the season everyone is nothing more than guessing.

Yes we could have kept Dawes, but he hadn't been offering what we needed and we needed to see if we could do better.

Magpies would love to have a Chris Dawes on their list. Cloke would have an easier time having another genuine tall to play off and Witts/Grundy would be an excellent third tall.

I see what Magpies were trying to do. Get a top 20 pick + get a straight (albeit a lesser) replacement for Dawes. Unfortunately for them, Lynch and White have not worked and they severely under valued Dawes influence.

Frawley is a good player and prob the best FB we have.

But with Frawley's shift forward, Dunn has proven himself to be a capable FB at half the salary price.

It'll hurt but not as much as i thought 17 rounds ago.

I've heard Collingwoods cap is very very tight right now. Not sure who they'd lose to get Frawley. Mind you Heath Shaw was booted out last year.

Snackswell and Lynch will go as well. Probably at least half a mil there.

Well, We could win a flag still IF we can stay mostly injury free
Pffft. What if. What if I'm taking a shower and I slip on a bar of soap? ...Oh my god, I'd be killed!..sorry couldn't resist that. Since I have now quoted you I may as well say that even injury free I don't think collingwood are good enough to win the premiership. Hawthorn and Sydney are the real deal, Geelong have been pretending, and freo now look to be pretenders as well.

Pffft. What if. What if I'm taking a shower and I slip on a bar of soap? ...Oh my god, I'd be killed!..sorry couldn't resist that. Since I have now quoted you I may as well say that even injury free I don't think collingwood are good enough to win the premiership. Hawthorn and Sydney are the real deal, Geelong have been pretending, and freo now look to be pretenders as well.

Too many injuries for Hawthorn I think - I reckon some players will tire, some will come in underdone and they'll struggle in the finals. Honestly, Sydney would have to implode to not win the title this year.

I've heard Collingwoods cap is very very tight right now. Not sure who they'd lose to get Frawley. Mind you Heath Shaw was booted out last year.

The last 2 years we have lost:

• Daisy
  • Heater
  • Jolly
  • Didak
  • Dawes
  • Wellingham
and we have not signed any big names. The Biggest name would be Adams

• Daisy
  • Heater
  • Jolly
  • Didak
  • Dawes
  • Wellingham

Yes but you also have to support the entire Cloke brood. Always hungry.

• Daisy
  • Heater
  • Jolly
  • Didak
  • Dawes
  • Wellingham
True only repeating what ive heard. I think it was mark stevens who said it so its probably wrong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In terms of our compensation, I'd be more comfortable if he went to Gold Coast than the Pies.

You'd think if he went north, it would be for a bigger contract.

Actually I reckon Collingwood would be able to offer more. Gold Coast might lose... Bock? But then they have all that talent to retain. I'd imagine he'd head up there on the guarantee of bus fare, a few Premierships with the best list in the competition and plenty of talent on the beach.

Edit: Forgot Karmichael Hunt. Not sure what he'd be on but it'd be a fair bit. He'll probably get ushered out the side door and maybe the Suns will have a bit of pocket change to throw at Chip?

Actually I reckon Collingwood would be able to offer more. Gold Coast might lose... Bock? But then they have all that talent to retain. I'd imagine he'd head up there on the guarantee of bus fare, a few Premierships with the best list in the competition and plenty of talent on the beach.

Edit: Forgot Karmichael Hunt. Not sure what he'd be on but it'd be a fair bit. He'll probably get ushered out the side door and maybe the Suns will have a bit of pocket change to throw at Chip?

$200,000 for Hunt, with the other $800,000 made up by AFL ambassadorial grants, which I believe fall outside the cap.

$200,000 for Hunt, with the other $800,000 made up by AFL ambassadorial grants, which I believe fall outside the cap.

Ah. Well, not much when you have new contracts to dish out to the likes of Swallow, O'Meara, Martin, Bennell, Smith, Matera, Prestia, McKenzie, May, Day, Lynch, Thompson, Nicholls, etc etc etc.

Ah. Well, not much when you have new contracts to dish out to the likes of Swallow, O'Meara, Martin, Bennell, Smith, Matera, Prestia, McKenzie, May, Day, Lynch, Thompson, Nicholls, etc etc etc.

Might be able to knock the value of a few of these contracts down today, the way things are shaping up. Half of them have barely touched the ball...

Someone I know posted this tonight on facebook

16ghp2h.jpg

Frawley's on the piss. ;) haha

I just read that in order for us to get a 1st round compo for Frawley he needs to be offered at least $600,000 a year over 4 years.

I saw that on Facebook so take it with a grain of salt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back