Oppo Camp All Things Opposition (No Opposition Supporters)

Remove this Banner Ad

I just posted my assessment of Collingwood on the main board for 'Who is the darkhose for the spoon in 2016'...

Collingwood. Their list has been so over-hyped by their supporters (one in particular who does phantom drafts) and according to their fans every single one of their younger players is guaranteed to be a superstar, or apparently already is. The reality is that they're unproven, have only showed glimpses of potential and are still a long way off becoming half what their deluded supporters expect them to be.

They're the self-proclaimed trade week champions, but while they spent the whole trade period luring AT's girlfriend to Channel Nine studios, they forgot to address their glaring forward deficiencies. If they think adding Jeremy "Highlight Reel" Howe is going to solve their problems up front then they're in for a rude surprise come 2016.

Additionally, their coach has proven to be incompetent and tactically inept. He is steering them towards the bottom of the ladder at an alarming rate and their fans are happy to dismiss this descending as a 'rebuild', whereas most neutral supporters are aware of the bleeding obvious - Bucks is not a coach's a-hole.

The AFL abandoning the sub rule will also force their younger kids to run out games and they'll be exposed regularly by the big boys with massive endurance and they will have a lot of poor second halves, especially in the latter stages of the season. As they stumbled (or tanked as their supporters claim) towards the tail end of last season, we saw the real Collingwood.

To summarise the Pies in 2016:
- A young side with four promising kids (De Goey, Treloar, Adams, Grundy)
- One elite player (the lowest in the competition) in Scott Pendlebury
- A horrible forward line with a past it Travis Cloke and Dane Swan, as well as a young and unproven Darcy Moore
- A defence that will look serviceable at times, but will cop some large goal onslaughts throughout the season (similar to the Richmond game)
- Some disgruntled under-performing players (Sidebottom, Cloke and Reid) that want out due to the club overpaying unproven kids and poor list management
- Standard C-grade players that may emerge to become B-graders (Aish, Crisp, Langdon, Maynard)
- And the duds: Howe, Brown, Fasolo, Toovey, Broomhead, etc.

Prediction: 14th to 18th

A lot better young talent than norf though. Like, a LOT better.
Yeah I agree, but they still have one of the youngest lists in the comp, even with a big chunk of older players.
They could struggle once those 6-8 older players are gone and the heavy load needs to be carried by the young guns, tougher draw too.
I think they'll drop a bit in 2016, but maybe they'll have one more good year before the older brigade fall away

I haven't read this whole thread but has anyone explained how Carlton will score with no forward line at all?
They're putting all their eggs in the Levi Casboult basket, which is a very, very small basket. Some say this basket is also made of wet tissue paper and is full of holes. I will be surprised if this basket is able to hold one egg, but Carlton are relying on it.

Lol at Worsfold with cameras in tow visiting the locals in the burbs. Pity someone didn't ask if he was peddling anything to get them through the day :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol at Worsfold with cameras in tow visiting the locals in the burbs. Pity someone didn't ask if he was peddling anything to get them through the day :D
Have they got any forwards yet or are they throwing all their eggs into the pinch hitter basket, surely they are top 3 for worst forward lines with Carlton and Brisbane.

Have they got any forwards yet or are they throwing all their eggs into the pinch hitter basket, surely they are top 3 for worst forward lines with Carlton and Brisbane.

Essendon and Brisbane have more than one bloke who can kick goals

Carlton is by far the shitest team of 2016

0-22 is not outa the question and is my tip to happen.

Man that will be the only reason worth my breaking my rule against alt accounts just so I can go troll the s**t out of those flogs WHEN that happens

If it happens I'm openly advocating their merger with norf

Gets rid of two afl charity cases by creating one big douche bag club with even douchier supporters

Man that will be the only reason worth my breaking my rule against alt accounts just so I can go troll the s**t out of those flogs WHEN that happens

Gets rid of two afl charity cases by creating one big douche bag club with even douchier supporters
I looked through their draw and i seriously can't see who they will even flukey beat, carltoon are s**t right now with no injuries.

I am are little annoyed we still want to play them in R1 because we normally play a bit half arsed early doors and i fear we will only coast to a 25-35 pt win.

You can borrow mine, username is TigerImpo.... actually better not

On the twelfth day of Christmas Carlton gave to me;

12 Casbout goals a missing
11 Kreuzer whiteheads a popping
10 hipster beards a growing
9 Gibbs contests squibbed
8 Boakhurst zimmer frames a lost
7 sponsors a leaving
6 first round picks a dudding

FIVE MILLION IN DEBT!!!

4 four months a losing
3 gws rejects delisted
2 daisy Thomas games

And one wooden spoon for the cabinet

Look I'll be honest, there's a lot to be excited with at Carlton after they just got a new coach and a heap of first round picks. It's like the moment right after you rip the bandaid off before the pain kicks in due to you ripping out all your hairs and you realising the damage beneath the bandaid is still there.

2016 is their post bandaid and there's no way I'd want to experience that again, I enjoy enjoying my football.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back