Toast All things Paul Roos + Coaching: McCartney joins coaches

Remove this Banner Ad

Im all for Ratten at this stage. Our midfield looked good when he was in charge. Did he have a year under Daniher? Did pretty well with a heavily overratted list as coach of the blues, can only come back a much better coach after time under Clarko and Roos.

Another caveat on Sanderson could be his relationship with Vince... He did give Bernie the flick last year after all.

Whoever we get in is either going to give Bernie the flick at some point in the not too distant future or isn't going to be there for very long...

Huh?

I presume you mean in about 3 years time?

Yep. Roos is in charge for two more years, so Bernard is very likely to get sacked by the protege. Or he can retire. Whichever.

Great work guys! He's going to be a phenomenal coach one day, he has also seen adversity at it's finest at Essendon, has apparently had a lot to do with why Heppell is the player he is.
I have no doubt that he and Roosy will be able to pick you up to the heights that your club deserves.
Would love to see the Dees and Saints up and about again.
I wish Goodwin good luck and thank him for holding his head high and conducting himself with a steely resolve throughout the situation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder what the feeling is over at Adelaide right now after Bomber Thompson let rip last night and presumably one of their candidates just signed on for us.

tumblr_mldfv2jD5G1rvnnvyo9_250.gif

Eh, maybe the Crows will get Ratten.

I think crows should throw an open cheque book at Thompson now. Money isn't an issue for them clearly.
Just got to back Roos' choice with Goodwin. You never no with coaches until they are in the role. Clarkson wasnt a popular choice at the time over Wallace & co but clearly a great coach.

Goodwin will have had a couple of yrs under Thompson & Roos by the time he takes over so hard to argue about his apprenticeship yrs. hopefully he can lure a Carlisle, Heppell under the contract out from the bombers & then get Dangerfield, Sloane over from his time at the crows!! Ha ha (wishful thinking anyway)

Knowing MFC luck, Goodwin will be named tomoz as the mastermind of the drug/peptide issues at the dons & susp for the next 5 yrs!

Time will tell but I'm not unhappy about this appointment

If people are worried about succession. Look at Sydney not Collingwood. Paul Roos wants this, Malthouse didn't.

Also, Goodwin will have done a 6 year apprenticeship and is already well versed on how to deal with a tough environment. I'm not doing backflips but I'm pretty happy with the appointment, think he'll be well suited.

Also, Goodwin will have done a 6 year apprenticeship and is already well versed on how to deal with a tough environment. I'm not doing backflips but I'm pretty happy with the appointment, think he'll be well suited.

If there's one positive to come out of of all the dramas at EFC is Goody will be ready for anything and able to deal with adversity.

How so? Not questioning your post at all, it's just hard to judge assistant coaches from outside a club.
Dyson Heppell and he work VERY closely, as does Marty Gleeson.
Heppell has improved in the areas he's needed to, and I have no doubt it's because of Goodwin, I'd be holding onto players with upside like Tapscott with Goodwin in, knows how to get the best out of other players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back