Toast All things Paul Roos + Coaching: McCartney joins coaches

Remove this Banner Ad

I can handle his.

As long as there are clear lines drawn between roles, which there seems to be, and Goodwin gets the proper support he needs then this is win.

Our players hopefully will go up a notch.

Great news, but...
McCartney later coached Ocean Grove to four successive premierships in 1994-95-96-97.
The Old Geelong Football Club congratulates past player/coach Mark Neeld on his ... and coached the Ocean Grove side to four consecutive premierships.
deteste-surprises-tns0.gif

Great pickup.

Although he is development and strategy - bit of an odd mix. Development being his main strength and strategy his biggest weakness
Yeah, I wasn't entirely sure what that was referring to tbh. Assumably on field strategy unless there is such a thing these days as coaching/off field strategy. :confused: ...but that's more director of coaching.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great pickup.

Although he is development and strategy - bit of an odd mix. Development being his main strength and strategy his biggest weakness
The title of the role that George Stone just vacated.

Bloody happy with this appointment. Welcome McCartney!

By the end of Roos's reign at the club, I suspect (and hope) we'll be in a pretty decent shape.

Seriously, how great is it that we got Roos?

He'll be good for development. Tactics isn't a strong point though.

Will be good for guys like Viney. Not great for mentally weak guys though.

I think getting McCartney is great news, clearly knows how to develop players, so he can replace Stone, and later can act as a mentor to Goodwin where he needs it. Really happy with this appointment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back